Colour Of My Love

Colour Of My Love

 

For JongHyun’s seventh birthday, his aunt bought him a mood-ring. He wore it only when he knew she was coming over but, down-deep, he hated it. The ring never seemed to work.

 

It was only until recently, at the age of eighteen, that he started to appreciate it; only when he laid his eyes on Kim KiBum, the gorgeous feline boy in his college art class.

 

Whenever KiBum was around, the ring would work. JongHyun quickly realized that it was telling him KiBum’s mood, almost as if the ring wanted him to approach him when he was happy.

 

Black… When the ring would turn black, he knew to stay away. Black was always when KiBum was mad and an angry kitty wasn’t one to be messed around with. JongHyun had seen one of KiBum’s friends nearly get his head bitten off once when he bothered KiBum when he was black.

 

Red… The ring would shine red when the younger boy was sad- borderline depressed. KiBum would show up in a thick, unflattering hoodie and sit in the back corner of the class, not talking to anyone.

 

Orange... when the ring was orange, KiBum would be hungry. JongHyun knew this well because, every time the ring was this colour, KiBum’s tummy would be screaming bloody murder for food. Once, during lunch, the ring was a bright orange so JongHyun had gone off to find the starving boy who had had his lunch money taken from him by bullies and gave him his sandwich.

 

Green… JongHyun loved to see the colour green. It showed that KiBum was happy. It was on these days that KiBum would skip and hop down the hallways and dance up the escalators, saying ‘hi’ to everyone he knew and even to the people that were strangers to him.

 

Turquoise… It was one of the bad colours. When the ring was turquoise, JongHyun would worry. It was a known fact that KiBum was flamboyant and, because of that, he got picked on a lot. Turquoise showed when he was hurt or being bullied. Once, JongHyun hadn’t found him fast enough and the poor seventeen year old wound up with a black eye and split lip.

 

Blue… It was one of those bittersweet colours. It told JongHyun that KiBum was sad; but not as bad as the near-suicide red. JongHyun both liked and hated the colour blue- the colour of tears. He knew that when it was the colour of rain, he could always try to brighten up the other’s day and make him a more happy green but he also knew that something must have happened to make him so sullen.

 

Sky... The colour sky on the ring was much more cheerful. It was usually this colour when the feline boy was doing something creative; something he really enjoyed- dancing, painting, drawing or creating clothes... It was at times like these that JongHyun knew he had nothing to worry about.

 

Purple… This one was interesting. JongHyun realized that this was the neutral colour where things could go insanely well and the ring would change to green or sky or things could turn horrible and it would be black, red or turquoise.

 

Pink… Pink was by far the best. Pink was reserved only for when KiBum was wrapped up in JongHyun’s loving embrace, relishing all the kisses that the older had to offer. Pink was JongHyun’s favourite as he knew it meant that KiBum was all his to love.