I'll Always Be Here

I'll Always Be Here

 

“Minji…?” I whispered to myself as I looked through the peep hole of my hotel room door, Why was she up at this time of night… why was she at my door at this time of night?

I opened the door to see Minji fiddling with her hands, looking up from behind her bangs… “Hi” she said softly, I smiled to myself in amusement at her shy demeanour behind all the ero-ness that she shows on stage and opened the door to let her in.

 

“Did I wake you?” she asked “No… not really” I said moving over to the bed straightening out the covers, suddenly feeling embarrassed about the state the room was in.

I could feel my face flush as her soft laugh met my ears… I silently cursed myself, what the hell was happening to me.

 

I cleared my throat and looked back to her, her eyes were scanning the room… a small smile gracing her lips as she saw the desk littered with screwed up paper “New song?” she asked nodding towards the mess.

“Yeah… I was trying to finish it, but no luck so far” I replied… rapidly becoming more uncomfortable as my stomach tied its self in knots. “What’s it about…?” she said resting her eyes back on me “…Infatuation”

She simply nodded in reply, her eyes still focused on me… it made me squirm and I had to turn away, pretending to plump pillows.  

 

“Do you like it here? America I mean” she suddenly asked, moving over to the bed sitting herself down on the edge… I closed my eyes as the tight feeling spread from my stomach to my chest.

“Yeah…” I said sighing, settling myself down on the opposite side of the bed “And no… It feels kind of lonely here” I said hanging my head slightly. I felt the bed move and suddenly she was sitting right next to me, a gentle smile on her beautiful face.

“What do you mean?” she asked, cocking her head to the side slightly… the sight caused my breath to catch in my throat… I blinked a few times trying to gather myself.

 

“It’s like everyone is moving on, changing… while I remain the same, alone” I said wistfully… her eyes flickered slightly before she laid her head on my shoulder “I think we all can feel like that… But remember I’ll always be here”

‘I’ll always be here’ how could that short sentence make my stomach flip with such inappropriate glee “I hope so” I whispered under my breath, not knowing if I wanted her to hear or not.

“So anyway, what has you up at this time?” I said turning to look at her with a smile, trying to change the mood… but her eyes were looking at me softly, almost sadly.

“Um… Nothing” she said quietly… “Oh, come on… tell ‘Teddy Bear’ Oppa” I said turning to pinch her cheeks, instantly regretting the action when her face flushed a light pink.

I gulped and moved my hands away awkwardly folding them in my lap… letting the awkward silence rasp around the room.

 

“You, Oppa you” she in a small voice… “I couldn’t sleep… Because I was thinking about you” she said, I could hear pain in her voice and it made my heart clench.

I just silently turned to her… because of me, what did she mean? Had I hurt her…?

“I’m sorry, it’s not you… it’s just...” she said with her eyes glued to the floor… “Tell me, Please” I said gently… I couldn’t bear the way she was trembling, like she was scared… of me.

 

“I-I… I don’t think I should tell you, I don’t want to ruin things” she said her eyes coming up to meet mine with a pained expression, I brought my hand up to her face and her cheek “Min-Ji you can tell me anything… and remember I’ll always be here” I said with a honest smile.

She sighed heavily… “If I tell you now… You have to promise to have forgotten by tomorrow” Although I was confused by the odd request I nodded, waiting for her to continue.

 

She sat fiddling with the hem of her shirt for a few minutes before abruptly turning her body towards me before kissing me on the cheek “I like you” she said before hurriedly standing up.

“I’m sorry… again” she whispered and bowed… “W-what?” I asked in a daze “I’m sorr-” “No I mean before that” I said standing up as well, I could see her cowering… “I-I L-like you” She stuttered nervously.

I smiled as my brain replayed those three words in my head…  “I’m gonna leave, remember what you promised” her voice breaking thought my haze.

“What? No” I half said, half shouted “B-but you promised” she said looking like a wounded puppy… “I-I know B-but…” My thoughts were mush, I couldn’t even talk properly.

“Please don’t do this to me…” she said gently but I could hear the wavering in her voice “I’m sorry Min-Ji, But I can’t forget” how was I supposed to forget that, especially after the way my stupid body has been reacting to being around her and her perfume… her voice, smile.

 

She was biting her lips… a trait she when she wanted to cry, I was making her cry… I wanted to hit myself but I figured that would only make things more awkward, so I settled for a metal slap and moved over to where she was stood.

 

“I can’t explain this feeling” I started “It feels like electric is being pumped into me whenever you’re around, it makes my fingers tingle and my heart thump” I said, surprising myself… I had never really let those thoughts become conscious in my own head and here I am spilling them out to the person causing them.

She looked up with what I can only assume was equal amount a surprise, her eyes were glistening… the corners of her lips twitching. The smallest things she does has the most profound effects on me.

“I like you too” I said somewhat nervously… what the hell was happening to me I haven’t the slightest clue and when she leaned up and pressed her lips lightly on mine I decided I didn’t care.

 

 

 

A/N Thank you very much for reading, I hope it wasn't too jumbled...?