Lost but not forgotten (One-Shot) Final

Lost but not forgotten (One-Shot)

Sungmin's POV                         
                         
                         
"It was a day like this... On the day the heavens took my baby away." I said as I replaced the dead flowers for some new, spring ones.                          
                         
                         
"It was spring, 23rd of March. One year after the love of my life tragicially died. He was a happy man, nothing really got him down. He was always laughing and joking, even on his death bed he still had a joke or two to say. But the thing I miss the most was the way he loved me. He was different with me; It was like I was his all, but he was my all, too." I caressed the words ingraved into the name plaque 'Cho Kyuhyun, Son Brother Lover, Fell asleep 23rd march 2010' "I miss you..." I looked at the scars that lay across my wrists, without him I am nothing.                        
                        
                        
My eyes were getting filled with the tears for my lost love. I would often ask "Why, why did you take away somebody so pure and full of love?" I stood up and looked down at the grave below me "My angel, I promise to be there soon..." I started tidying up the flowers and cards that surrounded the grave and I began thinking of the times we had together.                        
                        
                        
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                       
                       
                       
~May 26th  2007, The day we got together~                        
                       
                       
We were sitting alone on a bench in the park. He looked at me, I looked at him. Our eyes meeting in the middle. He held my hand in his, and he pressed his lips against mine; kissing me passionately, our tongues colliding, making our own special dance. I pulled away for air and he looked at me, our eyes meeting again, he said to me "I will never leave your side; no matter what".                     
                     
                     
~July 5th  2007,  Our 50th date~                     
                     
                     
He was such a romantic, he took me on many dates but this one was one of the best. We were at our dorm, alone. And every hour on the hour he gave me a gift, whether it was a ring or a flower or even new car, I said he didn't have to but he insisted. He said it was a sign of his love.                   
                  
                  
He cooked me dinner, we danced and had a good time but that wasn't the highlight of the the night. He looked at me and grabbed my hand, he said "Lets go to our bedroom" I looked shocked but I nodded and followed him into the bedroom we shared and spent a beautiful night of loving and touching, together.                    
                    
                    
~February 14th  2008, Valentines Day~              
              
              
It was Valentines Day, and of course he pampered me rotten. Flowers, chocolates, teddy bears and any other lovey dovey stuff, but the thing that stood out was the eternity ring he gave me. He gave me that as the last gift, at midnight. We were having dinner al fresco, in the moon light. The table being illuminated by the candles that surrounded the table, a single pink rose in the middle with us two either side, holding each others hands.              
             
             
He pulled out the hand wrapped box and said "Open it" I complied and tore the paper off and opened the box to reveal a simple silver ring with a pink jewel in the center. He said "Read what it says" so I did, I pulled it out and read it, it read 'K&S;Together for Eternity' I began to fill up "Thank you" is what I said as we embraced in a loving hug. I put the ring on straight away, it's fit was like it was made for me. I thanked him again and we kissed, a beautiful kiss. Every moment that we were together was like a life time, I loved him so much.             
             
              
~December 25th  2008, Christmas~            
                 
            
We had spent last christmas together with the rest of Super Junior but this one was much more special. This one we spent together, just the two of us, up in a snowy cabin in the highlands. I woke up to the smell of the dinner being cooked, so I wondered down to the kitchen to find Kyuhyun, my lover, wearing nothing but an apron. I went over to him and kissed his neck, he turned around and looked at me and said "Your gift is in the living room" as he continued with the dinner preparations.            
           
           
I walked into living room to find a giant lump wrapped up in wrapping paper. I walked over and began to tear away the paper while Kyuhyun stood at the door watching. When I had finished unwrapping, it revealed that the present was a huge teddy bear, holding a heart saying 'Kyuhyun loves Sungmin'. I looked at Kyuhyun and smiled "It's perfect" I said as I went over and kissed my lover, he kissed back and held me tightly. The rest of the day was almost as perfect, the best christmas I had ever had.           
            
            
~April 15th  2009, Day out~          
          
          
We spent the day at an amusement park together. We went on many rides, a lot of which I didn't like but he held my hand the whole way through. Next ride Kyuhyun wanted to go on was a rollercoaster, my heart dropped "Come on, I'll hold your hand" he said as he dragged me to the ride. As we sat on, I kept saying "I'm okay, I'm okay" and he just kept on smiling. When the ride started we screamed, shouted "Wooo hooo!" and I was sick but no matter what, he never let go of my hand. And that is why I loved him.        
        
         
~September 27th  2009, The day we were told~                     
                    
                    
It was a quite pleasant day but not a pleasant time. Kyuhyun had been vomiting almost everytime he ate something. He said he was fine but I could tell something was wrong, he was getting tired easy and was losing a lot of weight, I was getting worried. I told him to go to the doctors but he never listened until one day he got worse, that day I made him go to the doctors, I went with him.                  
                  
                  
We waited in the waiting room for what seemed like an eternity, but I held his hand as his were trembling. He said to me "I'm scared..." I held him close and said "I know but you'll be okay...I promise" I knew something was serious but I didn't say anything. Shortly after, the Nurse called our names and we proceeded to the Doctors room.                   
                  
                  
"It's cancer" Is what the doctor said. I was speechless, I knew something was wrong but not like this. Tears began to fill my eyes as the Doctor explained how it was advanced Gastric cancer and how now it was untreatable and the only thing that he could do was to give him some chemotherapy and some painkillers to ease the pain. I got up and began to shout, they had to do something, they couldn't just let him die! Kyuhyun stood up and said to me "Stop this... lets go home" I stopped shouting and accepted the pills the Doctor gave me and left the surgery with the love of my life, Kyuhyun.                 
                 
                 
At home I made him sit down and I made him a soup like the Doctor said to. He ate half before vomiting it all down him. The tears came back as I seen how helpless he was but I rushed over and cleaned him up and put him into bed. When in bed I asked him what we would do about it, he just smiled and said "If the doctors can't do much I just want to spend my remaining days with you...If that's okay?" My eyes began to leek, I hugged him and said "Yes, Yes of course I'll stay with you. I love you". He began to cry, my heart was crumbling seeing him like this, my love, my one and only was dying and I could do nothing to stop it.       
       
       
~November 5th  2009, Bonfire Night~       
       
       
He was getting weaker by the day. The chemotherapy was making his hair fall out and the cancer was making him weak and thin, but yet his smile was almost always there. Tonight was Bonfire night and lately Kyuhyun was really jumpy anyway so the fireworks just made it worse. I was sitting on the sofa while he was lying across my lap, watching television. Everytime a firework went off, Kyuhyun jumped. I his hair, well the little he had left and I hugged his waist to try to make him feel better but he still felt weak. He said to me "Why me, I've never done anything bad---" he jumped, then exhaled, then continued "I've never committed a crime or done anything against anyone..." he began to cry, I felt my heart break. I told him "Shhhh.... baby, I'm here. I know it's hard but you're going to make it... I promise...". The promise I made that day was a promise I knew I couldn't keep.      
      
      
~February 25th  2010, He knew~      
      
      
He was really weak now, he was practically bald and was really thin. Almost every night he would wake up, vomiting. I didn't like seeing him like this, this is not my baby. He was asleep right now, the only time he looks like he's not in pain. He woke up all of a sudden gagging, I rushed over with a bucket, ready to catch the vomit coming from my lover. But no, nothing came up. He looked at me weakly, his skin pale with dark rings around his eyes. He sat back into his armchair, pulling the woven cover over himself, he said to me "I've decided, when I go, I want anything I own to go to you. Nobody else knows me like you do. Is that okay?" His eyes were glossy, so were mine. I replied with "You're not going to die, I can't live without you...". He just looked at me and said "You know as well as I do, their is no chance now..." those words hit me, he knows...     
     
     
~March 23rd  2010, The day he passed away~     
     
     
Today he was really bad, he could barely breathe. He was in the bed we shared, trying to get some sleep and I was sitting right next to him, watching him. He opened his eyes and looked at me, he weakly said "I'm going, I know that you're going to miss me but... keep on... I'll see.... you again and just remember this.... I will always....love you...no matter... what..." he smiled, my eyes began to fill up "No... no you're not going to leave me. No...." I pleaded as if it would help "Just say... you love me....please.... I want those... to be the... last words... I hear..." His words were becoming weaker. The tears began to stream down my face as I held his face in my hands "I love you..." I said, he smiled. I smiled back as he weakly gripped my hand "Never..... forget me....promise me...." his eyes were just barely open. "I promise, baby. I love you so much" I couldn't control my emotions, the tears were just pouring from my eyes. "I....love you...too..." his eyes fluttered shut, he stopped breathing, his heart stopped beating.      
     
     
I figured it but I didn't want it to be true. The scene I had just witnessed was like a knife being stabbed straight through my heart, I began screaming and crying loudly. I kissed his still warm lips and murmured "I will never forget you, baby...." I just held him close to me until he turned cold.     
     
     
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          
     
     
I finished tidying his grave, I looked at the eternity ring on my left ring finger "My life is married to the time we had together". I stood up again and dusted the dirt off my knees and looked at the grave again. "My baby was taken away from me but don't worry, I'll be there soon."    
     
     
Every year on special occasions like birthdays, at christmas, our anniversary and of course the anniversary of his death, I would vist his grave. Suicide crossed my mind but no, I am thankful for my life and the time I did spend with him, he made that part of my life complete and full but my time will come one day and when that day comes then I will be with him for eternity.