♬ When Destiny Played A Game ♬

♬ For Reel Or For Real? ♬

              

 
 When Destiny Played A Game
 
 
 
 
 
 

Boy, I need boy...

 

Jieun was so ecstatic as she bowed to the rest of the student body and the faculty staffs that were awed by her performance. She just finished her song number and she did it very well.

"I did it! I can't believe I did it!" she was so ecstatic about her performance.

She put the guitar down and went off the stage. The audience kept on cheering for her and clapping their hands.

She ran to her friend who was jumping up and down out of happiness.

"Jieuna! You did it! I knew you're going to be great!" Luna greeted her.

"I can't believe it! Thanks to your help and motivation." she hugged her friend.

"What are friends are for! Anytime, chinguya!" Luna beamed.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around. Jieun saw her teacher just joining them.

"Saem!" she hugged him.

"I'm so proud of you! I knew that you're going to make it." he praised her.

"Thank you for always believing in me." she hugged him more.

"I never doubted what you can do, Jieunie. And you should also. Remember this, when you seemed to lose everyone's faith, never fail yourself. And you will, slowly but eventually, be able to get back on track and reach your destination. And for you, young girl, you have nowhere to go but up. Trust me on this, would you?" he again said in a mysterious way.

"Guragu, don't ever take your studies for granted. Learn how to balance both, araso?" he added.

"I promise I won't forget that, Saem. Kamsahamnida! Cheongmal kamsahamnida!" she thanked her teacher.

Jieun bowed to him with deep sincerity. He bowed back and excused himself because his co-teacher called him.

"I now understand what you meant before, Saem." she thought. She kept looking at him with teary eyes as he walked away.

He then looked back and winked at her. She bowed to him again and he smiled back.

Jieun turned back to where Luna was and she was nowhere to be found. She started walking to look for her and was about to head to the dressing room but she didn’t proceed for she saw Luna running back towards her.

She actually sneaked to the dressing room and grabbed the poster she wanted to show Jieun and went out looking for her again.

"Here, check it out." she shoved the poster to Jieun.

"What is this?" she read what's on the poster and saw the ad about the JYP audition. She suddenly shivered when she saw the background image of a man singing.

She remembered what happened a few nights ago.

"Let's go and try out for this. Let's go tomorrow!" Luna said, excitedly persuading her that took her mind out of the picture.

"What? Go where and do what?!" she couldn't believe what her friend asked her to do.

"Let's audition. I know we can do it. Especially you, with that kind of talent.. C'mon! Please say we will go!" she begged her.

"I don't think I could do it. I'm scared to do it." she explained in a low voice.

"What's there to be scared of? What's there to lose? There's no harm in trying, if we will not then we might regret it...right?" she asked her.

"Yeah, you are right." she replied. She drew a deep breath, gave it a thought for a few seconds.

"Luna's right. What there's to lose? What if we could make it?" she thought.

She then decided to go with her friend's plan realizing that she should give a shot. She'd never know what will happen not until she tried it. She thought she wouldn't be able to sing in front of a crowd but she just did, and nothing bad happened. She even had the confidence she never knew she could have.

She now learned that anxiety should not get the best of her, but she must manage to win over it.

"Araso! Let's do it! We'll go tomorrow!" she said with determination.

"Yey! I'll text you later so as we can plan what we need to do and prepare for the audition. I can't wait!"

Luna got so excited because of her response and was not able to contain her excitement. She grabbed her arms and embraced her so tight that she was no longer able to prevent the poster from slipping from her grasp.

It was blown by the wind and flew away from the excited girls.

 

 

********************

 

 

 

 

"Here we go..."

 

He took a deep breath and started walking towards the JYP building but a poster fell to the ground and it slipped under his left foot as he was making his way to the entrance.

He picked up the poster and saw the ad about the audition that he's about to undergo in a few moment.

He's been in Seoul for weeks now and he's been practicing for the JYP audition. He wanted to call his mom to get some strength for he's really nervous, but he's not sure if she would want to talk to him, especially after going against their decision for him.

"I promise I will do my best. Omma, Appa, this is for both of you.." he whispered to himself.

With so much determination and drive, he hurriedly went inside the building and walked towards the registration area to submit his application and portfolio. He saw the line of people who will audition as well.

He was able to finally submit his files after waiting for a long time.

He tried looking for a seat and took his Ipod from his backpack to rest his nerves for he's really nervous with what he's about to do, but on his way he heard someone calling him. Luckily he hadn't put his earphones on yet.

A lady approached him with a smile giving him his number so as he would know when he will be called out to perform his piece.

"Kamsahamnida!" he smiled back thanking the lady. "So my number is 516..." he said to himself checking out the sticker.

"There are really a lot of people who came!" he exclaimed.

Then he eyed a familiar figure and she seemed to resemble the girl that he saw from his dream a few days back. He tried following her with his eyes but a lot of people were walking at the same time blocking his view even if he was on his tiptoes already. Realizing his silliness, he decided to stop from what he's doing.

He walked to find the seat with his number on it. He could see people doing their last minute rehearsal as he was looking for his seat.

"Aish! What am I doing! She keeps popping in my head! Naega michigetda jeongmal!"

Then he bumped into something...

But he realized it's a person because he heard a silent scream as she almost fell to the ground which didn't happen for his reflex was fast and he caught her right on time.

He was holding her by the waist supporting her so as she will not completely fall down.

Wooyoung was staring to a pair of eyes that were big because of fear of almost falling to the ground. They stayed like that for a few seconds before they realized their awkward position.

"Omo!" she gasped. And she quickly moved away from his embrace, blushing.

He reached for his head and scratched it feeling a little embarrassed after realizing what just happened. Then he seemed to recognize her, especially her eyes, but he couldn't just think of when and where he'd seen her before.

"Mianheyeo! Gwenchanayeo?" he asked her. He was trying to look at her face but she quickly bent down and started picking up her files that scattered on the floor.

Then she went to the guitar case that might have fallen because of their collision which he thought was hers for she looked real worried as she tried examining it.

He was still looking at her as she carefully checked her instrument and he also bent down to help her in picking the remaining of her stuff that are mostly consisting of music sheets.

"Nan gwenchanayeo. I'm sorry I didn't mean to bump into you. I couldn't find my seat... " she looked up to him and then their eyes met again.

 

********************

 

 

 

 

"It's him!" she thought to herself.

"It's her!" he said to himself.

 

The two then recognized one another and couldn't believe that each of them was seeing the other in flesh.

They were staring at each other with a weird look on their faces. They kept staring not realizing that they're actually blocking the aisle.

They were only brought to reality when another group of applicants called their attention so as they can pass.

They both stood up instantly and allowed the others to pass.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you. I was looking for my seat but I lost my way..." Jieun said and remembered that she was searching for her seat number before the collision and started looking for her sticker with her number on it but she couldn't seem to find it.

"Omo, my number!" she exclaimed and bent down again and looked for her number.

Wooyoung was still surprised seeing the girl in his dream but he bent also and looked for her number helping Jieun.

Both looked around and under the chairs. Then Wooyoung saw something stuck under his foot. He reached for it and found the sticker? He checked the sticker and read the number "430" on it.

"Is this your number?"

He showed her the sticker and gently helped Jieun to get up. He removed the dirt before he handed it over to her.

"Yes, that's it! Kamsahamnida! And I really am sorry for bothering you..." she bowed in apology and took the sticker from Wooyoung.

"No, it's okay... It's also my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going." he smiled at her.

Then remembering his dream, he nervously looked at her and asked ; "Uhm, chogi, did we meet before?"

"Ne?" she wasn't sure he heard him correctly. Why was he asking the same question she had in her mind?

"Participant number 429, please proceed to the audition room." the announcer called out for the next person in line interrupting the two with their conversation.

"Otteoke? Otteoke?" she nervously cried. "I'm going to be up next..." she wrung her hand crumpling her number and doing her nervous dance.

Wooyoung smiled at her reaction. She somehow took away his attention from his own nervousness. He suddenly had the urge to comfort her and tell her that everything will be alright.

Jieun remembered the boy in front of her. And blushed shyly.

"Mianheyeo, I'm always like this when I'm feeling so anxious..." she said.

"Gwenchanayeo. I do weird things, too, when I'm overly anxious or excited." he answered so as to make her feel better.

She smiled back at him. And he felt something unusual seeing her beaming face.

"Uhm, you're number's next right?" he remembered the sticker. He didn't know what to say so he just asked her so as to divert his attention from her enchanting smile.

Hearing this made Ji Eun to fidget again and have a worried look on her face that didn't escape Wooyoung's eyes.

He gently placed his hands on both Jieun's shoulders. He looked up to him shyly and saw his encouraging smile.

"Don't be too scared. I know you will do just fine. If this will help, why don't you think of the very person you're dedicating this to and picture all the panel judging us having that person's face so as it will feel like you're only performing for that person... That works for me so I'll let you borrow the idea..." he tried soothing her nerves. "Okay?" he made an okay sign using his hand.

"O - okay!" she answered and did the same hand sign using her shaking hand.

"Participant number 430, please proceed to the audition room now." they heard being announced from the PA.

"I need to go now. Thanks by the way!" Jieun bowed to him and hurriedly went towards the audition room. She stopped by the door and looked back to where he was and saw him waving.

"I'm Jang Wooyoung! What's your name?" he shouted at her.

Cupping both her hands and put them near so as she can loudly respond she answered him back.

"Na, Lee Jieun imnida!" she waved back at him and smiled sweetly. Then she faced the door and deeply breathed before she went inside.

"This is it..." she said to herself.

 

       ********************

 

"She's real. She's actually existing..."

 

He couldn't believe still that he saw her.

"Na, Lee Jieun imnida!" she shouted and smiled sweetly at Wooyoung. He remembered her doing before she went inside the audition room.

He couldn't forget her beautiful smile and eyes that seemed so sincere and innocent.

"I hope she gets accepted." he wished for he suddenly wanted to get to know her better and spend more time with her.

Wooyoung silently went to his seat and continued wondering how everything was happening now. He looked at his number. "516, I need to wait longer..." He closed his eyes and tried to think of his routine and get Jieun off his head.

He recalled his audition piece and thought of his choreography. He was counting in his head then all of a sudden Jieun doing her weird nervous dance popped into his mind while he was trying to picture his dance move, which was somehow similar to hers.

He laughed at himself. "Jieuna, don't mess up with my mind. Yah, Jang Wooyoung, focus!" he scolded himself

Then he closed his eyes and danced in his mind as the music from his iPod drowned him through his earphones.

 

********************

 

" This is it...."

 

"Lee Jieun-ssi?" one of the panel judges asked her.

"Ne!" she nervously answered.

"Are you ready for your audition?" the panel member asked her.

"Ne. I think I am. I can begin whenever you're ready." she shyly told everyone as she reached for her guitar behind her positioning it in front to get ready for her performance.

"You may now give your CD to Miss Kwon." the judge instructed her.

"I wish to sing with my guitar. I didn't come with a cd." she answered him.

"I'm sorry but you must've been unaware, but the first stage of this audition is to sing using a minus one. Singing with guitar accompaniment can be done once you're able to go through till the last stage of the process which will allow anyone to do whatever they want to showcase their talents." the judge explained to Jieun.

"Ne?" she said with a shocked tone. "But I didn't prepare a CD..." she lowered her head in embarrassment.

"Will I be eliminated as early as now without even trying?" she sadly thought.

"Gwenchanayeo, Lee Jieun-ssi. We can let you choose from the songs prepared by our team. But we cannot assure you that the song you originally prepared will be one of them. We'll give you time to rehearse if you won't find any song you knew. Is that alright with you?" the kind judge offered.

"Ne?" she again got shocked because of the chance given to her. Realizing this she suddenly felt hope that uplifted her falling confidence. "Ne!" she said to the panel.

She then went to the sound room to choose her song, hesitant she may be but she's determined enough to give it a try.

 

********************

 

 

UP NEXT!

Chapter 5 : ♬ We Got Each Other ♬