Fingers Say Much

Undeniable Presence

Seohyun checked the time on her watch. 12:03pm.

Tick-tock.

 “Professor?”

His warm brown eyes greeted hers as she made her way through the door, carefully crossing over stacks of old dusty graded papers and text materials.

“Professor, I need to talk to you about something. Actually, it’s regarding the …well, I don’t know how to put this but…I’m so sorry I…” she stammered.

Be calm Hyun-nie, you can do this! Just tell him that the working environment wasn’t a good one to begin with, oh voice box just do your thing and ttaaaallkkk! Maybe he’ll be able to sympathize with you and realize the reason why you quit-

“Quitted?” said Professor Jung with a slight smile on his face. “You know, Seo Hyun I’ve been teaching for decades and I could tell what you needed to say the moment you inched your way through the room. You’ve been standing outside for 16 crotchets, thinking of the best way possible to string your sentences. Apparently it wasn’t as good as you thought, huh?”

He tapped his fingers on the table.

Tap-tap-tippity-tap-tap-tap

A warm rush spread through her flawless face, and a hint of vermillion settled in between her eyes right on the bridge of her nose. Clearly, she was embarrassed and the tapping sounds made it worse. It didn’t take a Professor to know that, she could feel the heat all over her body. She was always like this, her facial expressions outwardly showing the things her heart denied.

“I’m sorry”, she muttered. She glanced nervously at her Professor expecting to get an earful but he merely chucked as he reached to hand her a sealed envelope.

 

The Angel Of Music Company.

77 Grange Avenue.

 

“Help them out there, they are not exactly the best paymasters but I can assure you’ll learn much more things that money cannot buy. Remember, don’t quit on this one.”

Seohyun nodded and traced her fingers slowly on the bumpy print shifting her gaze on her watch, not knowing how many sleepless nights it would take her to ponder tirelessly on a nagging thought in her brain. For a split second, she did feel awful in her stomach but the momentarily feeling was dismissed almost immediately.

Funny how she missed out on the details, she will tell herself in the future.

For now, she was the same Seohyun everyone was familiar with, a little careless and overly innocent.

“Thank you, Prof Jung! I’ll take my leave now”, Seohyun said sweetly before grabbing her brown satchel bag.

He nodded. He knew exactly what the words meant.

At the corner of the campus, a young man sat himself comfortably on the study bench with his sleek Macbook right in front of him. He plugged his earphones in his ears as he hummed to the lyrics of a soothing Brazilian tune. Music, they say, is one of the best things you can keep crawling back to.

Over and over.

Double clicking on the downloaded file, he checked the schedule for the class he was in charge of.

PSYCH MODULE S2012  ASSOC. PROF JUNG
2 WEEKS.

PSYCH MODULE AE9221. ASSOC. PROF JUNG
1 WEEK.

 

Tock-Tick-Tock-Tick.

 

*****

 

WOW I'm really honoured, there are people reading this I HAVE READERS WOOHOO!! HELLO TO YOU GUYZZZ & rocket_star you don't know how much you made my day. DROP A NOTE OKAY? Hmm I hope this isn't boring, a little short for a chapter I guess :p Promise it'll get better somehow... 

PS: Spot the clues?