Chapter II

Do I like you?

two;

 

 

 

 

They both remained in their positions for a few moments, both frozen in their spots. They say he’s the least handsome member of Super Junior, Boa thought as she stared into Eunhyuk's eyes. 

 

Realising that she had been staring for quite a while, she quickly moved away from Eunhyuk and stood up.
Trying to act as naturally as possible, she takes a few steps backwards to give him some space.
“Come on, we don’t have all the time in the world, get up already” Boa blurts out and quickly turns around.

 

From the mirror’s reflection, Boa could see that Eunhyuk was still a bit airheaded from his incomplete nap. She stares at his reflection in the mirror as he ruffles his hair. She noted the fact that he was acting formerly towards her because he had quickly added a “yes, sunbaenim” after her order. Once he had stood up, Boa scanned and noted that he had great body proportions. He was not very short, nor was he very tall, just right for her. He was wearing a tight black sleeveless shirt, which outlined his muscular, yet lean body and baggy trackpants.



“Boa, Hyukjae, you’re early,” two men and one woman loudly boomed as they entered practice room.
Boa flinched and quickly realised that it was the choreographers’ loud voices. She turned around to greet them but Eunhyuk had bet her to it and was already greeting them all. He practically jumped on t
he two girl choreographers.

 

He must be close to them, Boa thought.

 

“Long time no see,” as he hugged all three of them.
After observing their reunion scene, Boa felt irritated. Deciding to interrupt their reunion scene, Boa intervened: “Why are you guys so late, it’s already past 9:30pm, we only 30 minutes left until we need to leave!”

 

The bright atmosphere slowly dissipated, the hugs broke up and everyone stared at Boa.
“What? You can’t say that I’m wrong! Yunho and Taemin took a whole hour to perfect the few dance st
eps” she added, trying to prove her point.

 

The male choreographer immediately stepped in. 

 

“Well sorry, we didn’t think Eunhyuk would need the whole hour anyway, he’s a fast learner." He paused for a moment, as if he was deciding whether or not to say what was on his mind, but he did anyway.  "What’s with your sour attitude today Boa?”

 

Boa contemplated.  The male choreographer’s words were indeed right, why am I so irritable today? 

 



Practice began almost immediately. Boa sat as she waited for the choreographer to run through the dance steps to Eunhyuk and made sure that the key points were emphasised. To her surprise, he immediately picked up the steps, and after five minutes, he had mastered the dance moves, even the “matrix” move which took Yunho a billion times to get right.
Despite this, she held onto her beliefs that Eunhyuk would never master the entire dance today because he was awkward with her. No matter how fast he is, when it comes to dancing with her, he’ll obviously shy away.
Eunhyuk’s so shy around me, I bet he won’t even be able to touch me, since the dance had a lot of skinship involved, she thought.

 

Boa stood in the middle of the dance floor whilst Eunhyuk stood near the wall. It was Eunhyuk’s role to come in as smoothly as possible. Boa glanced at him and she could already see the awkwardness oozing out of his body. He was looking at the floor, not daring to look at her in the eye. She sighed, this is going to take forever.

 

The music started, she quickly stood into position and did what she normally does. When she looked up again, Eunhyuk was already heading towards her. She was shocked. Boa saw none of the awkwardness that was evident in him a few seconds ago. His face no longer looked like a clumsy school boy, he kind of looks charismatic, she thought. What further surprised her was that at the part where they both turned, faces close to each other, he did not avoid her eyes. They finished the dance part with no flaws, they were perfectly in sync.

 

 

It was perfect.


 


 

 

“I told you so~” the male choreographer teased after Eunhyuk had left with his manager to his next schedule.

“Whatever, how was I supposed to know that he was that good of a dancer” Boa remarked.


The choreographers all stopped in their steps and surrounded Boa. She was surprised by their rapid actions and weakly said: “Wh a.. aat?”


“Are you serious? He’s one of the best? Haven’t you seen him dance? Super Junior’s dancing machine? Hello? What about your trainee days?” They all started questioning.



Boa explained that she knew that he was a great dancer, but didn’t realise to that great of an extent. And she had already debut when he became a trainee so there was no opportunity to get to know him.
 


Hearing this, the choreographers quickly informed Boa how talented Eunhyuk actually was. He is one of the best and even choreographs his own dance moves once in a while when he has time. When he was a trainee, everyone admired him. Although not many actually admitted it, most of the trainee-now-stars had a crush on him at some point in time during their trainee years. In the practice studios, he was one of the most charismatic guys, but when he’s not dancing, he was so modest and friendly, not to mention funny. They added: “It’s a rare sight to see such a huge star bow to choreographers, even back up dancers, but he does it all the time. He was and still is such an awesome guy.”

 

After she hopped onto her car, she quickly absorbed all the information that was shared.



Wow, she thought, I hope we can become closer.