Not Now, Not Ever

Not Now, Not Ever

 

She slowly opened the door to their apartment praying that he was already home. She took off her shoes and saw his placed on the side – He was home already. She went directly to their room remembering that a busy man like him would sleep once his home alone - and she was right.

He was there with the blanket covering his body. He always sleeps this way before he met her and when he sleeps alone. Psychology suggested that people who do this may appear macho in public, but deep inside they are shy and weak. If they encounter any problem, they will rather keep it to themselves and agonize over it than ask for help. When he met her and became his, she changes not only his sleeping position but also everything about him

She let out a big sigh, shaking her head side to side with a wiry smile on her face. "This boy of mine…He must have over work himself again" she told herself.

She changed her attire into her y sleeping gown that he like a lot. She carefully slides in by his side and laid down on her right side. She wrapped her left hand on his waist. He felt her hugging him and unconsciously held onto her hand squeezing it tightly. He slowly popped out his head out of the blanket knowing that he is now safe and in the arms of his love.

"I love you so much" He murmur in his sleep.

Smiling like a little idiot kid, she kissed his cheeks and replied "I love you too" with a smile on her face.

"Stay here and never leave" he murmured once more.

"Not now not ever" She informed him resting her head on his chest.

She slowly closed her eyes knowing that this man in her arms is hers and only hers. No one can take him away from her, no sir. She smiled at that thought. Finally, she can now rest.

"You left me. You lied." He whispered in his sleep.

Hearing those words, her eyes shot open. She immediately sat up stunned by what he had said. She looked at him bewildered. Tears from his closed eyes were falling on his pale white cheeks.

She blinks for a few times trying to process the words he said. And slowly, for some extraordinary reason, he faded away from her. She found herself seating in a plane with a fear and worried expression drawn on her face.  The plane shook violently. She held on to her arm rest getting scared.

She heard a loud scary bang. She hesitantly looked at the direction of the sound. Her eyes grew big seeing the engine on fire. She started to panic and held on her arm rest tighter than before. She started praying - praying for her life, for everyone in the plane with her and for her one and only love.

Not long after, the plane started to lean towards the side where the on-fire engine was. Tears of fear fell from her eyes but not for her life. It was the fear of leaving him alone now that she realized that she will die. After a few more seconds, everything went blank and white erasing everything she knows about that day -- The day when she died and unintentionally broke her promise to not leave him 'not now not ever'.

And so an unbreakable cycle of her spirit coming home, sleeping with him and seeing herself on how she died repeats over and over again. 

Author's Note: So how did you find the story? This is not the first time that I dealt with death and romance on a fic. Please do leave your insight below about this fic. I would like to know how I did. I hope you like the story! :D