The Lighthouse: Bracelet

The Lighthouse

 

Since I met her, I didn't miss a day to be here and meet her. For some strange reason, I couldn't still ask her name. Maybe because, she's not asking me too. We just feel so comfortable with each other.

On the second day...

Third day...

Fourhth day...

...and even on the fifth day. I've learnt a lot of things about Jeju Island because of her. I also reminisced the words of wisdom she shared to me when I opened up my worries about being an idol to her.

"As long as you're doing your best, you should not worry about the future. I'm pretty sure that you have a lot of supporters out there, why don't you just focus with their love for you instead of worrying the criticisms of those who don't like you." she said with a smile.

Those words really made sense to me. I once heard that from my mom before I left China.

An hour passed and she's still not coming. Is she still coming today? Well, she has to since this might be the last time for me to see her. I need to see her. I need to know her name.

I checked my watch for one last time  -- it's already past 7. My members might be looking for me already. But as I looked at my watch, another thing caught my attention -- it's the bracelet she gave me yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

"Take this."

"What's that?"

She just took my hand and slowly wore the bracelet to my wrist.

"This is my lucky charm. You've been telling me how worried you are about your group since you guys just debuted. I've won a lot of awards because of this, so I want to give to you so your group will win more awards too." She said sweetly.

"But why are you giving this to me?"

"Because... Lu Han is my friend now." She smiled.

"How did you know my name?"

"Well, I did a research. I heard about EXO being here so when I met you, I knew you're one of them."

"That's unfair! I also need to know your name." I said.

"Well... I have to go now." Then she suddenly walked away.

"Wait!", as I tried to stop her, "... I'll see you tomorrow and you have to tell me your name, araji?"

She looked back and gave me her sweet smile again.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

She didn't answer my question, does it mean she's not really meeting up with me today? No. I should see her today.

I rushed down the lighthouse to look for her. I looked everywhere but I couldn't see her. I started to feel anxious about the thought of not knowing her name. Then, I saw an old man -- one of the caretakers in the vacation house.

I know that asking him might put me in punishment for going to the lighthouse without them knowing but I had no choice.

"Excuse me, sir. I need to ask something. Have you seen a girl around here? She's this tall, with a very long hair and beautiful pair of eyes. I've met her in the lighthouse." I hope my descriptions were enough for the man to help me.

He looked perplexed when I asked him about her -- it seems like he doesn't have an idea of what I am talking about. Or maybe, I was wrong.

"Are you talking about Semi?"

Semi? Is that her name? I just nodded to his question so I could easily get an answer.

"Are you sure you're talking about Semi? That's impossible." he repeated his question.
 
"No, I just talked to her yesterday and the day before that. I just really need to see her today because it's our last day here. She even gave me this bracelet." I told him as I showed the bracelet Semi gave me.

"Omo..." the man's eyes widened when he saw the bracelet. "It's Semi's bracelet." he exclaimed. Suddenly, his expression softened as he looked at me again.

"Do you really want to know where Semi is? Follow me, then."

I did what he said. But as I followed him I wondered why he led me to a cemetery. And then, we stopped in a certain graveyard before he spoke.

"Semi was such a beautiful girl inside and out. She was fully loved by everyone because of her bright personality and kind heart. Unfortunately, we lost her. She died two years ago because of a car accident. Since then, her family moved to Seoul and just visits this place for her. I've been working here for a long time but I never believed about Semi's ghost being seen in this place. But I think, I do believe now since you're able to get her favorite lucky charm -- that bracelet."

Those words...

Died.

2 years ago.

Ghost.

It took me a while for those words to sink in my system. My knees weakened and I felt a sudden stab through my chest.

How could this be if she felt so real?

How did this happen if her smile looked so alive?

Am I just dreaming? This is a nightmare.

The old man left me and I stayed in front of her graveyard. It was so dark around me but the moonlit sent little light in my surrounding. I felt a tear fell from my eyes but I had no idea of a reason why.

"I want to see you again. Why did you let me meet you, if in the end, I'd realize that it's already too late?"

***

"Alright, guys are you ready? Is everyone here? Where's Lu Han?" our manager screamed as he checked if we're all complete.

"I'm here. I'm so sorry, I had to double check my things."

"Okay, please get in the van now. We have a flight to catch."

"Ne!" as we answered in unison.

In the van, I still couldn't forget the things I discovered last night. This week would definitely be the most memorable week of my life.

"Gege, were you able to take a photo of her?" Tao asked me. Then, D.O and Chanyeol started to bug me with the same question.

How am I going to tell them about Semi?

"Hyung, where did you get that bracelet? It looks nice." Sehun noticed the bracelet Semi gave me. This boy is sure observant when it comes to me.

"Did she give that to you as a souvenir? Aww. She must be really a sweet gull (girl)." Chen added.

Yes. She's really a sweet one.

"So, were you able to get her name?" Kris asked out of curiosity too.

"Semi... that's her name." I felt so exhausted that I couldn't entertain their questions anymore. I just looked at my window and frequently stared at her bracelet.

Wherever you are, I know you're watching over me. I regret the fact that I wasn't able to get to know more about you. I should have told you about how you caught my heart the first time you glanced at me. But you definitely have taught me a lot. This bracelet will be my lucky charm from now on and I will treasure this until we meet again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dajia hao! Wo xing EXO-M Lu Han!

What can you say about Mrs. Sarang's latest one-shot?

I know, it's pretty sad. I teared up while reading this.

But how about  a sequel? 

Get out Duizhang! 

So, lovely readers, if you also want a sequel... just post it down there, araji?

Wo ai ni! Saranghaeyo~ <3

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Edited: 09/29/2012

Author's note:

Ni hao! It's Mrs. Sarang! Since I received enough anticipation to write the sequel for this story...

here it is!

THE CHARM OF LOVE

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and love! Wo ai ni! Saranghae~ ^^

See you there! :)