Human & Chiropteran

Chiropteran (hiatus)

 

I’ve fallen hard for a human boy. I push these feelings aside but every time I see that face of his it keeps me wanting for more. What have you done to me, Tao?

 

 

 

Everyday I wake up to see a face, a face that’s been with me since my sixteenth birthday a mere century ago. I have grown to dislike it for it no longer ages nor differ in the years I’ve been alive. I’ve intentionally slashed it for experimental reasons, but it does not show the signs of abuse or neglect.

 

I’ve tested this monstrous body of mine to its very limit. Whether it be falling off a building, breaking bones, ingesting poisons, I’ve done them all yet I am still alive. This body of mine knows no boundaries.

 

I’ve sprouted huge bat like wings to accommodate this body of mine. I’ve learned how to fly. It is unbelievable but true. They do not show for they retract into my back. For how this is done, I do not know.

 

I am no human. I am a Chiropteran. The last of my kind, Queens. I’ve had a twin sister but she had died from my blood. We were careless; she had drunk my blood to stop the small wound I’ve gotten from a needle. My sister had crystalized and later turned into dust before my very eyes.

 

I was alone in this huge world I lived in. I lived as a human for that was the only species I resembled, appearance wise.  I lived alone until he came crashing into my life with no warning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve fallen in love with a girl whom I’ve only known for a short amount of time. How do I get her to notice these feelings I hold? Please do look at me Saya.

 

 

 

Alone and starving for affection was something of the ordinary in my world. I grew up abandoned. I was no orphan but I shared the feelings of one. My parents had made me feel unwanted yet they didn’t throw me away. I wonder why.

 

A normal boy living in this harsh environment, I wouldn’t make it out alive without paying a price, so I ran away. I ran away to another country. It may seem cowardly but I did what I felt was right. In order to survive we have to take risks and that’s what I did. Staying in China would just shorten my life expectancy, so I fled; I fled to Japan with hopes to start anew.

 

Bit by bit I gradually learned the Japanese language. It was difficult considering they had three writing systems, hiragana, katakana, and kanji. After years of studying, I’ve finally mastered the language. I’ve finally accomplished something; I’ve finally done something that I’m proud of.

 

Things took a turn for the worst. The restaurant I’ve worked for closed down due to bankruptcy. I was kicked out of my apartment due to unpaid bills. I roamed the streets with my suitcase looking for a place to stay. I thought I had hit rock bottom until she came. I guess things do get better…

 

 


Please do check out my other stories...