FINAL

Silver Chain

 

SONG SUGGESTION: Beautiful Day - Urban Zakapa

 

 

You kissed the little pink box before handing it to the person behind the counter. Please make it to Kibum. You pleaded. It was worth more than your life and it could be a ticket to your love’s heart. It was just a little thing yet it meant more than a penny.

The woman behind the counter sensed your nervousness and smiled before she said, “Don’t worry. The person will receive this after two days.”

You made a face, two days seemed a long time to wait. But still, as long as it reached Key, it did not matter. You smiled back and muttered a little ‘thanks’ before leaving the counter. It must reach Key no matter what. You took a deep breath and convinced yourself that Key will get the gift. Two days, in just two days.

 

Key arrive the dorm earlier than the rest of his hyungs and he was greeted by a small pink box on the doorway. He knew it was meant for him, fans always give him something pink. But this one, why was it so small? Was it an indecent proposal? Or was it something like cupcake? He eyed the pink box with suspicion. Maybe it’s a bomb? Aniya, no one would dare to hurt me. He finally picked it up on his way inside. He placed the little box on the table and called his manager.

“Hyung, did you put a small pink box on the doorway?” He asked when his manager picked up.

“Oh, yeah, that’s for you. It was sent here but I know you won’t be coming here until tomorrow that’s why I left it there.”

“Oh, thanks. Okay, then I’ll be hanging up.” Key said and turned to the pink box.

Just looking at the box made him feel giddy. This was his first time receiving a small gift. Usually, fans would give him big things. Great things come in small packages. He thought and finally opened the box, slowly and surely. He was surprised to see a silver chained necklace with a ring. It was a first too. No fan had ever tried to give him this kind of thing. He took the necklace and cradled it with his fingers.  He raised it to his eyes to appreciate it. He eyed the ring and saw a name carved inside it. Kim Kibum was written inside it. It was his name. Typically, fans would only write Key on their letter and notes. But this one, why did it make his heart beat fast? It was only a gift, but why did he feel that he’ll keep it for the rest of his life?

He set the necklace aside and took the box. There must be a name or a note inside.

And he was right; there was a little folded paper inside containing a note. There was a date written, back two days ago and a short message below it.

Kibum oppa, this is actually my first time to send a gift to you. It’s a bit late for your birthday but I hope you’ll like and appreciate my small effort to make you happy. With lots of love, _________.

Key smiled at the note. It was really cute and the necklace looked a bit pricey. And it was for him.

He grinned. Tomorrow was a fan signing event; he might see the girl and meet her face to face.

 

 

You took a deep breath before walking towards the venue. It was a fan signing event where SHINee was. You’ll see Kibum and you’ll get to let him sign for you. Wait, has he already received my gift? You thought as you made your way towards him.

You gulped and breathed heavily. Being around him was nerve-wracking.

One more fan ahead and you’re next. He smiled and looked at you like you were some familiar person to him. He asked for your name and you said it out loud. His smile vanished from his face and your eyes fleeted to his neck. There it was, that silver chained necklace with a ring. You were sure it was yours.

He looked at you again and repeated your name. You smiled and answered, “Yes, that’s me.”

He cleared his throat before asking, “I know this sounds really stupid but have you sent me a gift?”

“Yes.” You answered as you tried to hide the excitement you felt.

“Uhh, what was it?” he questioned and looked into your eyes.

“It’s the silver chained necklace you’re wearing right now, Kibum.” You replied and smiled.

He grinned and gazed at you before finally saying, “It’s you.”

You breathed a ‘yeah’ before he stood up to shake your hand.

“Maybe I could buy you dinner tonight?” he invited.

 

You smiled and felt the warmness of his hand before finally replying a ‘yes’.