Chapter 3

When We Swap Our Fates

"Good afternoon school. The finalist for Taesung Talents is out. Following 4 contestants are the 4 that successfully get through the many rounds of auditions and elimation. The four contestants are.." The school fell silent as the result was about to be released through the PA system.

Minhee was happily drinking her honey milk as she didn't knew the importance and significance of this competition in the school. She was the most relaxed student there. Even students that were loitering around stopped their steps outside the classroom, froze themselves and listened carefully.

"First contestant, Choi Junhee. Followed by Yoon HyunJae and Ahn Hyunsik. And the last contestant, Kim Eunwon." The PA system announced, causing Minhee to spit the milk in at the head of the student in front of her.

"YA! I KNOW YOU GOT IN AND YOU ARE HAPPY BUT WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!" A high pitched voice screamed at Minhee, which made her repeatedly apologised to the girl. She looked at the girls that she ate with during her break to confirm if it was her. Unfortunately, it was. The girls approached her almost immediately and started congratulating her.

"Hmm.. I will go and tell it to my mum! Give me a moment!" Minhee excused herself and got to the staircase area as she received a call.

"How is school~" The voice cooed over the phone.

"What is Taesung Talents. Why didn't you tell me about that!!" Minhee said, trying to calm herself. She was too nervous. She really had no idea what was it about. A talent show? Or some hidden talent thing that she has to make a fool of herself.

"Oh. It's a competition held in the school. People compete to be the winner. It represents pride of oneself and the class. Everyone really look forward to their competition every year cause many companies would come and scout talents." Eunwon explained.

"But you are the one that joined the competition and want to get scouted!! Not me!! I don't want to join!! I can't sing!!" Minhee screamed over the phone. She thought she could be a little louder since that staircase was quite deserted.

"If you don't join, I'll just go back to school and tell everyone that you are fake. Well, I'm swear you would get discriminated and then I'll make sure to sue you. You know, I have nothing but money." She threatened Minhee, which made the girl's blood boil.

"But-"

"No buts. Eunwon has a strong vocal. Make sure you do not spoil her reputation." Before Minhee could respond, the girl over at the other line ended the call already. It wasn't possible for her to call back, because she doesn't have Eunwon's number and Eunwon was using a private number.

She stared at the phone and wanted to scold Eunwon, but knew there was no point.

"Eunwon, what are you doing here?" A voice called out from the back. It was such a busy day for Minhee. First, she met a guy name Junhong who seemed like Eunwon's boyfriend, and then later on she got known that she was in Taesung Talents and now there's unknown people calling for her. She sighed before turning around with a smile.

"He-heyy! Youngjae!" Minhee read his name tag almost immediately and said friendily. She didn't want another person to be suspicious. "Oh! I'm just on the phone with my mum! Hehehe. Yea.." Before he could continue the conversation, Minhee exited to the corridor and went far away from Youngjae. She had a feeling that Youngjae know something dark about her, but she wasn't sure if it was that she was in school instead of Eunwon.

Feeling someone following her, Minhee turned around and saw Youngjae right behind her.

"..." They remained silent, looking at each other, exchanging deep eye contact.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Youngjae?" Minhee asked, politely as she was getting nervous talking to Youngjae. He shook his head in response.

"Then why are you following me?" Minhee asked as she crossed her arms.

"It's already our last year in high school and how can you not know that we are in the same class for the 4th year already?" Youngjae knew there was something about Minhee. He wanted to laugh deep inside, knowing that she must not be Eunwon. Their personality was so different. In fact, they are too different. It would be obvious but no one would really expect their kind of situation.

She startled but chose to turn around and walked faster, ignoring Youngjae who was following right behind her.

"Eunwon-ah! Why are you still here? Aren't you suppose to go for the meeting for the Taesung Talents?" One of the girls asked as Minhee stepped into the classroom with Youngjae behind her.

"I AM SUPPOSE TO?! Oh my gosh. Where is it?!" Minhee asked, panicking, afraid that if she missed out something.

"I guess it's at the resource room!" The girl replied. Minhee nodded and ran out of the classroom, without knowing where exactly is the room. She started searching the first and second level but it wasn't found. Most of the rooms were located on first or second level, but she still couldn't find it even though she already searched the corners.

As she stopped and panted, she heard full steps behind her. She turned around, and to be face by Youngjae.

"Why are you following me again!!" Minhee said, a little annoyed this time round.

"You don't know where is the resource room, do you?" Youngjae questioned her, which made her feel even more uneasy.

"Come, I'll bring you there." Youngjae took the lead and brought the tired girl to the resource room, which was just behind their classroom.

"You should have known.. I mean, it's just behind our classroom on the third level." Youngjae told her. Her eyes were almost dropping out upon hearing that it was on the third level because Eunwon told her that most rooms were located on the first and second level while classrooms on the higher ones.

"Alright, thanks." Minhee thanked Youngjae almost immediately, as she pushed open the door to join the briefing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MA NU TUTORIAL! :D

Hope it helps~ everything i want to say is in the description, so please read!!

Support my videos and fanfics please!^^ hehehehehe.

Please watch, read, subscribe and comment alot hehehe! :D