4

Orphaned

 

"This little boy is yours?" Papa Hong asked, looking back and forth from Junhyung to Mason.

"Yeah.. He is," Junhyung said, nervously biting his lower lip.

"Who's the mom?"

"Goo Hara."

"KARA's Hara?"

"Neh."

"How old is he?"

"He's five years old, sir. His name is Mason."

"Does he have any siblings?" 

"Uh... Not that I know of... I didn't even know I had a son until yesterday," Junhyung replied, shifting his weight.

"You didn't?" Papa Hong asked in shock. Junhyung shook his head. 

"The thing Hara and I had was... It was kind of a one-night stand. Yesterday when I was home alone with Yoseob there was a knocking on the door. I opened it and found Mason. There was a note," Junhyung reached into his pocket and gave Hara's note to Papa Hong. 

Papa Hong took the note from Junhyung's hands. His eyes scanned across the paper as he read through it. 

"What's going to happen to my son?" Junhyung asked.

"Well, we don't know if he's actually your son-"

"But Hara says he is."

"Hara claims that the baby is yours but we don't know. We don't have blood tests or even a birth certificate to prove that he is in fact your baby," Papa Hong replied.

"So.. Now what?" 

"I'll make an appointment for you and Mason to get biology tests done. If he is your son, we'll figure something out for what's best for him. If he isn't, we'll have to talk to Hara and see where this little boy came from."

"Alright. Thank you president. Have a nice vacation," Junhyung bowed and turned to leave. 

"Thank you grandpa Hong~" Mason waved goodbye to the older man as Junhyung carried him out of the office. 

Five Beast members were sitting in the same chairs and the same position as when Junhyung entered the office. Yoseob was the first to move. He got up and went to Junhyung. 

"How did it go?" Yoseob asked. Mason motioned that he wanted Yoseob to hold him so Yoseob took him from Junhyung. 

"He says that first, before anything we have to make sure he's my son. He made an appointment to get DNA tests done on both of us. Until then, we can't really do anything..." Junhyung replied.

"Oh... Are you nervous?"

"Yeah. I'd never considered the fact that Hara might have been lying. I mean, I've only spent a day with this baby who is supposedly my son and I love him already. If he's not mine President said that we would have to track down Hara and get him back to his real parents. I don't wan to give him up though."

"Don't worry Junnie," Yoseob said resting his head on the older boy's shoulder. "Everything will be okay, I promise."

"I want candy," Mason stated.

"Do you want a lollipop?" Yoseob asked, looking at Mason with a smile.

Mason nodded and Yoseob pulled out a lollipop from his sweatshirt pocket. He handed it to Mason who began eating it happily.

"Say thank you umma Yoseob." Yoseob cooed.

"Thank you umma Yoseob~~" Mason said happily his lollipop.

"Umma Yoseob?" Junhyung asked.

"Uh huh. I think if fits better than Appa Yoseob," Yoseob said smiling up and Junhyung.

"I like it," Junhyung laughed. 

"Can we go eat?" Dongwoon whined. 

"Yeah, I'm hungry too." Kikwang chimed in.

"We all left the dorm without eating breakfast," Hyunseung frowned.

"Well then let's go eat~!" Doojoon said. 

All seven of them stood up and walked to the car. Yoseob was holding one of Mason's hands and Junhyung was holding the other.

"Uh, Seob?" Junhyung mumbled.

"Yes, Junnie?" Yoseob responded.

"I don't think we should have given him candy.."

"Why not?" 

"Don't kids get really hyper after eating a lot of sugar?"

"Yeah but that only happens if they haven't eaten any other food...." Yoseob paused. Mason hadn't had breakfast yet and lollipops were practically made of sugar. "Oops..."