3

Orphaned

 

Junhyung lazily woke up from his sleep. He turned to face Yoseob's bed. 

Aigoo, Yoseob is cute even when he sleeps... 

Junhyung continued to stare at the younger boy until about five minutes later he finally stirred and was woken up.

"Good morning, Seob~" Junhyung chimed. 

"Good morning, Junnie..." Yoseob said with a yawn.

"I had the weirdest dream last night..."

"What was it?" Yoseob asked, turning on his side and holding his head up with his shoulder.

"I dreamt that I had a son. His name was Mason. He was Hara’s baby and mine. How weird is that? He was really cute though. Hyunseung made him cry because he tried to take his pocky. But then Hyunseung felt bad and gave him a Pikachu backpack. Everything seemed so real," Junhyung said looking at Yoseob.

"Um...Junhyung?"

"Hmmm?"

"That wasn't a dream. It all happened."

"What..? No it didn't then where's Mason? In the dream he fell asleep on my bed with me," Junhyung turned to look at the other side of his bed. It was empty. "See, my bed is empty, well besides me. If Mason was real he would be sleeping next to me."

"He's not sleeping next to you because he's in my bed..." Yoseob sat up, revealing a sleeping figure under the blanket.

"Oh...Why did he go to your bed?! I'm his dad, not you!" Junhyung practically whined.

"Well I don't know! He fell asleep in your bed but ended up in mine. Maybe he sleepwalks?"

"Who knows..."

"Hara probably knows," Yoseob said.

"Yeah, but she's really the last person I want to talk to right now," Junhyung said rolling his eyes. "How does she have a baby with me and not tell me then one day randomly decides to drop him off at our house with only a note saying that she 'doesn't want him anymore'?" 

"I know it's messed up but at least you'll take care of him well. And you have me to help you."

"That's true. I guess I'm lucky~."

"I guess," Yoseob winked. "You have to tell President today. He's leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't be back for weeks."

"I don't want to..." 

~*~

 

Beast was in the car, heading to the CUBE Entertainment building with Mason. After about an hour of begging, Yoseob finally convinced Junhyung that this was the right thing to do.

"Appa, where are we going?" Mason asked Junhyung who was sitting next to him. Doojoon was driving and Hyunseung was in the passenger seat. 

"We are going to meet... My..." Junhyung hesitated. 

"We're going to meet Grandpa Hong," Yoseob replied. 

Why are you so good that? You always have the right answers... 

"Grandpa?" Mason repeated. 

"Uh huh..." Junhyung mumbled. The car stopped in front of the large building and all of the boys stepped out.

Junhyung who was carrying Mason hurried into the building to prevent any fans from seeing the little boy. 

All seven of them walked upstairs, to Papa Hong's office. The door was closed so they sat in the chairs outside of the office and began to discuss how to explain things.

"Why don't we just... tell him?" Hyunseung said.

"Yeah Hyunseung, like Junhyung's just going to walk in there and say 'Hi, President. How has your day been? Good? That's nice. Well I have a son. I think I should go now because I told Yoseob I'd go watch a movie with him. Bye!'" Doojoon sarcastically said. 

"Hyung, what's gonna happen when Papa Hong finds out?" Dongwoon asked Junhyung, with curiosity in his eyes.

"I don't know yet..." Junhyung mumbled as he looked at Mason who was sitting in Yoseob's lap.

"I could tell him if you want," Kikwang offered. 

"This is something Junhyung has to do on his own..." Yoseob said shaking his head. "As much as we want to help him we really can't. Everything will be better if Junhyung just explains it himself. Do you know what you're going to say?"

"No... I'll just ad-lib..." Junhyung sighed. He got up and knocked on the office door, with Mason in his arms.

President Hong opened the door and greeted all the members with a smile. Then his eyes rested on Mason, who was in Junhyung's arms.

"And who do we have here?" Papa Hong said smiling at the little boy.

"Um, actually he's what I came to talk to you about," Junhyung said nervously.

"Oh he is? Why don't you two come in," Papa Hong let Junhyung and Mason into his office and closed the door behind him. "Now, who is this little boy?"

"He's... he's my son."