Love or Just Misconception?

Misconception

“Ricky-ah, I love you.”

Ricky immediately woke up from his sleep and realized that it was a dream. He heaved a sigh of relief and looked at the clock, it’s close to six in the morning, he decided to wash up since he can’t fall back to sleep again.

Ricky walked to the toilet and opened the door and was surprised to see Chunji in the toilet bathing, “Hyung! You should lock the door next time!” Ricky said as he closed his eyes and shut the door quickly.

Just when he was about to close the door, Chunji pulled him into the toilet, “Ya, Ricky-ah, we are guys, what’s there to be shy about.”

Ricky opened his eyes and said, “You got a point there, hyung, can you go and finish your bathing, I need to bathe too.”

Ricky did his brushing while Chunji continue bathing. When Chunji is done, Ricky went to bathe while Chunji dries his hair. By then, the members are knocking on the door to ask whoever is inside to hurry up.

“Ricky-ah, are you done,” Chunji asked impatiently.

“Soon,” Ricky answered as he came out later with his hair dripping wet.

Chunji sighed and took over Ricky’s towel, “Sit down, I’ll dry your hair.”

“Hyung, thank you,” Ricky said with a smile, Ricky’s face started getting hot and he quickly looked away.

The members are sitting around the living room when they saw Chunji and Ricky coming out together from the toilet. “Did you two make a plan yesterday to bathe together today?” Niel teased.

Everyone was joking around except for L.Joe who is listening seriously. “Ricky-ah, follow me to the room, I’ve got something to ask you,” L.Joe said as he dragged Ricky to his room.

“You…. Chunji…” L.Joe doesn’t know how to open his mouth.

Ricky frowned and asked, “Hyung, do you have something to say, if not I’ll be going out.”

“Did you and Chunji plan….to bathe together…” L.Joe finally said.

Ricky was disappointed at L.Joe lack of trust towards him, “Whatever you think,” Ricky said before leaving the room.

When Ricky came out, Chunji walked towards him and asked, “Did something happen?”

Ricky smiled at Chunji and shook his head, “No, hyung, let’s go and watch television.”

L.Joe came out from his room later and saw Chunji and Ricky laughing and playing together happily. His heart hurts. “Hyung, it’s your turn to bathe now,” Changjo said as he walked out from the bathroom.

------------------------------

After everyone had bathe, it’s time for them to head down for their schedule, while heading to the vehicle, Chunji kept on hugging onto Ricky, whispering here and there with him. Ricky did not push him away but continue whispering here and there with him.

L.Joe could only watch from afar and do nothing. He sighed and walked towards the vehicle first. Changjo, Niel and C.A.P took the back row while L.Joe, Ricky and Chunji took the center row. Chunji kept on pulling Ricky close to him to talk or just to randomly rest his head his shoulder.

“Ricky-ah,” L.Joe called out finally.

Ricky ignored him and finally L.Joe lost his cool, he removed Chunji’s hands from Ricky’s neck and pulled Ricky towards him, “I’m calling you! Do you hear me,” L.Joe raised his voice at Ricky.

Ricky was startled, “What… I’m tired,” Ricky simply answered before removing L.Joe’s hands from his neck and instead slept on Chunji’s shoulder.

They finally reached their schedule’s venue and everyone was preparing when L.Joe received a text from Ricky. L.Joe went to find Ricky after receiving the text.

“Tell me, it’s not true,” L.Joe said the moment he saw Ricky.

“Hyung… I don’t deserve you…”

“It can’t be, Ricky-ah, did someone force you!”

“Hyung…”

“Ricky-ah, I cannot live without you! I can’t.”

“HYUNG!”

L.Joe pulled Ricky into his hug and his tears streamed down uncontrollably, “Ricky-ah, don’t leave me. Don’t…”

After hearing what L.Joe said, Ricky could not bring himself to break up with him anymore, “I get it, I won’t leave you.”

Ricky bit his lips and felt guilty.

Ricky and L.Joe walked back to their waiting room as though nothing had happened but deep inside, the both of them knew very well what was going on. L.Joe and Ricky laughed and occasionally display their skinship but everyone was just an act.

------------------------------

“The person I love isn’t you.”

L.Joe woke up in his sleep and he realized that he was sweating. He went to Ricky’s room and saw Ricky still asleep, he walked towards Ricky’s bed and lies down quietly beside him. Ricky opened his eyes and heard L.Joe’s whispering, “Just let me hugged you to sleep, I’ve got a nightmare.”

L.Joe slept peacefully after hugging Ricky but Ricky was in a mess. He turned and looked at L.Joe’s angelic-looking sleeping face. But his heart towards L.Joe isn’t the same anymore.

Chunji came in to wake the members up and saw L.Joe hugging Ricky as he slept. He walked over and said emotionlessly, “Wake up and wash up now.”

L.Joe woke up and realized that Ricky is still sleeping beside him, he smiled wake Ricky up. As they are in a rush, L.Joe and Ricky had to wash up together but when they came out from the bathroom, Ricky rushed towards Chunji and back-hugged him completely forgotten about L.Joe.

L.Joe walked over and put his arms around Ricky’s neck and whisper, “I love you.”

Ricky bit his lips when he heard what L.Joe said, he cannot make up his mind, he still loves L.Joe but there is someone else who is slowly entering his heart. Ricky finally whispered back, “I… love you too.”

Chunji kept his distance from Ricky for the rest of the day and Ricky didn’t really talk much to Chunji. “Ricky-ah, let’s take a selca together,” L.Joe said to Ricky.

Chunji just watched from the corner and let out a sigh. Everything that happened is just….misconception…. What happened between me and Ricky is just misconception. It’s not love at all.

--------------------------------------------

After much consideration, Chunji decided not to break L.Joe and Ricky up knowing how much L.Joe love Ricky. Chunji asked Ricky to accompany him down on the pretext of buying late-night snacks for the members.

“Ricky-ah,” Chunji called out, his voice sounded low.

“Hyung, what shall we get later?”

“Ricky-ah.”

“Should we get mixed chicken or just spicy chicken?”

“RICKY.”

“I know what you wanted to say, I know…”

Ricky stopped walking, “But I’ve fallen for you.”

Chunji was happy to hear what Ricky said but at the same time, he had already made up his mind, “To be honest, Ricky, I realized that what happened between us isn’t love at all. I don’t love you anymore.”

Ricky’s eyes slowly redden and droplets of tears rolled down, “You… you don’t love me at all… not once?”

Chunji shook his head, he’s lying, “I can’t say that its love, but it’s true that I like you once.”

Ricky could not stop his tears from flowing, “I get it, hyung… I get it. Let’s just continue to be members, and you just continue to be my dearest ‘hyung’ and I’ll be your ‘dongsaeng’.”

Ricky hugged Chunji tightly and cried. Love is between two people, one person cannot continue with this love if the other party doesn’t contribute. Chunji-hyung, you are once my love; that is something that I’ll always remember.

“Let’s go and buy the snacks now,” Chunji said as they made their way to the fast-food restaurant

------------------------------

“Ricky-ah, promise me to forget me and L.Joe, he really loves you a lot,” Chunji said to Ricky while they are in the lift up.

Ricky and Chunji pinky-promise each other to forget each other and Ricky promised Chunji that he will love L.Joe more than last time.

Chunji and Ricky held their hands together one last time and as the lift door opens, they slowly let go of each other’s hands, their eyes never left each other.

“Ricky-ah, I love you.”

“Chunji-hyung, I love you.”

After that day, Chunji and Ricky still realized that they love each other, but just that this love is those of siblings but behind this sibling love, there is a 0.01% true love between them. Niel and L.Joe decided to switch their room so that L.Joe could be with Ricky every night. It’s true that he is insecure but after hearing what Chunji said, he is less insecure now.

Flashback

“I’ve clarified everything to Ricky, and, I can see that you love Ricky a lot,” Chunji said to L.Joe.

“What do you mean?” L.Joe asked.

“I’m returning Ricky to you, well, not really return since I’ve never got Ricky away from you, but yes, I told Ricky that it’s not love that exist between us,” Chunji explains, again, he is lying.

L.Joe was surprised but glad that he is not snatching Ricky away from him anymore.

“Promise me that you will not hurt Ricky, if not, I’ll snatch him away from you!” Chunji warned L.Joe before the both of them broke into laughter.

End of Flashback

“Ricky-ah, I really really love you a lot, you are just like my oxygen that kept me alive,” L.Joe said softly as he lied down beside Ricky, he thought that Ricky couldn’t hear him, but Ricky heard each and every word that he said.

“Hyung, I love you too and I will never leave you, never ever,” Ricky replied back before giving L.Joe a peck on his cheeks and quickly closed his eyes to sleep.

That night, L.Joe and Ricky both wore smiles on their faces from the time they slept to the time they woke up.

---------------------------------

First of all, I'm a RickJoe shipper but I've got this sudden urge to write about ChunRick. Since I've written an angsty RickJoe fic and a not-so-fluffy-but-fluffy RickJoe fic, hence I wanted to try writing a ChunRick one. Maybe I'll write another fluffy ChunRick fanfic next time. Do you all prefer RickJoe or ChunRick?