how deep these bright-eyed feelings run

For All the Lovers and Believers

 

A/N: I know that Siwon didn't go with the rest of SJM to China and WonKyu didn't spend the New Year's Eve together, but a girl can dream, right? :(

 

 

how deep these bright-eyed feelings run

 

Of all the things he could do for love, Kyuhyun wondered why he chose to be subjected to this particular torture.

 

“It’s freezing,” he declared flatly.

 

“This won’t take long.” Siwon was using one of his most charming and most persuasive tones, complete with a disarming smile which had won him too many battles before they were even fought. Regrettably, these celebrated attributes did not quite have their intended effects on Kyuhyun—who was very grumpy and therefore almost impossible to please. In fact, the only thing the younger man could think about was the wintry coldness which was determined to claw its way into the very marrow of his bones and basically rendered his four layers of clothes useless.

 

The fact that it was New Year's Day didn't exactly excuse their being stupid, but Kyuhyun did find it very difficult to deny his boyfriend's request, especially with the newborn year barely one hour old. Which was why he now found himself standing outside on the balcony, at one in the morning, for reasons entirely passing understanding.

 

“If we catch a cold, I’ll make sure that everyone is going to blame you.”

 

“We won’t,” Siwon replied cheerfully, the very image of bright, warm—not to mention ridiculous—optimism on such a cold night, and then shoved his cell phone into Kyuhyun’s hand. “Please take a picture for me.”

 

That there was always the slightest chance that Siwon’s phone would be picked up by the loyal, ever-prowling, not-so-harmless fans was the only reason why Kyuhyun stopped himself from tossing the offensive gadget eleven floors down. “And that’s why I’m here? To take a picture for you?” he said indignantly.

 

Siwon gave him one of his wounded puppy looks. “Just one picture? Please?”

 

Kyuhyun gritted his chattering teeth and tried not to be swayed too much by either the eyes or the warmth pressed against his back. “Do I want to know why you can’t take one by yourself?” he demanded.

 

“I’ll tell you after you take the picture,” Siwon promised, warm breath chasing the coldness on Kyuhyun’s cheek. “Please? Just press the button and we’re done.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed but obliged at last. He snapped a random picture of the sprawling city at their feet, drenched in light and excitement from the New Year's celebration. He was pretty sure the result could not even be called a picture.

 

“Now what?”

 

“Now I’ll do this.” Siwon reached across his shoulders, his equally cold fingers enveloping Kyuhyun's, and set the not-even-a-picture as the wallpaper for his phone.

 

Kyuhyun was currently trying his best not to look at his boyfriend like he was the most handsome, the most attractive moron in the world.

 

“You know that I can’t use your photo,” the other man continued, completely unfazed. “But now, every time I see this picture, I’ll think of this moment and remember that you were the one who took it for me on New Year’s Day. And it's one more thing to remember you by because, well, I love you.”

 

It took Kyuhyun a few moments to process the entire explanation and get over his initial reaction to simultaneously sigh, blush, scream, facepalm, and smile like an idiot. Yes, Siwon often had that effect on him.

 

“You are hopeless, do you know that?” was his mumbled, drastically less embarrassing response in the end.

 

“I do,” Siwon admitted, pulling him closer. “Hopelessly in love.”

 

“See?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, but the grin pressed against his lips was a mirror of his own. And he would be content to stayed there in Siwon's arms in the cold, any risk of hypothermia or pneumonia be damned, if not for Hyukjae's voice shouting at them: It’s friggin' cold and will you two please stop necking on the damn balcony already–

 

END

 

 

A/N: Happy New Year, everyone! \O/