01.

Relationship.

I thought I would never think of her again. Why do I have to such a dream like that? It reminds me again, the day we were together. Smile of happiness, cry of the sadness. We were there for each other. I just can’t let it left in the past, but why I can’t make my move?

 

 

June 1 - 2009

I looked at my wristwatch once again. ’When does the rain will stop and let me go?’ I was frustrated. I was stuck in this coffee shop for 3 hours. I can’t go home since I didn’t bring an umbrella with me. Don’t blame me because the sun was shining brightly hours ago.

I wasn’t the only one who stuck in here. There are many. They just need to wait the rain to stop, like me.

It’s not as bad as you thought since this coffee shop is the place that I love the most. I love the cappuccino here. It’s just sweet and bitter to me.

I sipped a cup of warmth cappuccino in front of me. At least it makes me warm.

 

“Excuse me… Do you mind if I sit here?” I looked up and found a girl, probably in the same age as me or younger, asked shyly. Without thinking any further, I nodded my head.

“Thanks.” She smiled and sat on the opposite seat of mine.

“What’s your name?” I asked as I putted the cup back on the table.

“I’m Lee Min Young. Call me Min?” I smiled and nodded. “What about yours?” she asked and smiled sweetly. Just if she were sugar, I would mix her with my cappuccino.

“Bang Yong Guk.” She smiled again. I felt the awkward atmosphere so I tried to lighten up the mood. “What brings you here?” she looked at me and said, “This is my favorite place. I always come here like every day?” she chuckled. “You come here every day? How come I never notice you? I also come here every day.” I never talked this much to a stranger.

“What’s your favorite here?”

“Cappuccino is the best. What about yours?”

“I love caramel coffee.”

“Oh. By the way, how old are you?”

“I’m 18. How about you?” she drank her caramel coffee

“I’m 20. So, I’m older 2 years than you?”

“Yeah… I will call you Yongguk-sshi then…”

“You can call me oppa.”

“Sure. Yongguk-oppa” she smiled

 

I smiled like idiot just when I remembered my first meeting with her. Our favorite coffee shop, I would never forget. I took out my phone. I saw many photos of mine and hers. Are they just going to be unforgettable memories?

 

 

I remembered when I asked her to be my girlfriend…

 

 

February 14 - 2010

It’s Valentine day. To be honest, even if I look like a player, I never have a girlfriend. I just reject and reject them. I don’t feel like want to have one that time. But things are different now. I really want to get her and make her mine and only. I went to a flower shop to buy a bouquet of white rose. It’s her favorite.

We have been friends for 8 months and I want more than it. Whenever my heart burned because of my jealously over the guys that she is close with, I wanted to confess. But, I was afraid. What if it breaks our friendship? It breaks us apart?

I can’t help it anymore. This feeling is just want to pop out.

Since she likes a romantic and cute guy, I will try to remove my y image.

“Hey…” I approached her. There she stood with her casual outfits in front of the coffee shop. I smiled to her and hid the flower behind my back.

“What is that?”

“What is what?”

“There is something behind your back.”

“Is it? It’s nothing. By the way, let’s get inside okay?”

“Oh? Sure…” she shrugged and we walked inside the shop. I told her to sit first and I will go to the restroom. I lied.

“Oh, Mr. Bang. 5 minutes from now okay?” the manager of the shop said

“Oh yeah… Where is the guitar?”

“Here you go.”

He handed me the guitar and I strummed it a bit. Perfecto

“Thanks anyway.”

“Ah! It’s up. Good luck!” I nodded and walked to the stage. I walked nervously and sat on the only chair there. I gazed at the girl that paid no attention at all. I held the microphone and spoke, “Hello people! What a nice day!” I smiled awkwardly when the people here turned to me. Some of girls giggled. I looked at Min and she smiled to me. “I, Bang Yong Guk, want to sing a song for someone special. I hope you want to listen to me.”

I’ve watched over you
Over all your loves and your long breakups
If you’re always going to get hurt, it’s better to be with me
Look clearly- I just don’t like it when you cry
It hurts me to see you in pain

Be mine, I will love you
I will worry about you
I will take responsibility for you till the end

Be mine, you know me
You’ve seen me for all this time
I will protect you till the end

Do you hear me
Do you hear me oh

All those tear drenched memories-
I hope they will all die within my embrace
Even if I hear you softly swallowing your tears
with your broken heart, I will hide it

You are overflowing, as you’ve always been to me
As your scars increase, my love for you increases
Please come to me, cus I love your smile
cus I want to make you comfortable
At least for me to you

Be mine, I will love you
I will worry about you
I will take responsibility for you till the end

Let’s go together, don’t walk the hard path
It wasn’t easy for you
I just don’t want you to go through that again

Be mine, I will love you
I will worry about you
I will take responsibility for you till the end

I worry if you’ll fight again
I worry if you’ll be hurt again
In your painful helplessness
This silent battle is too much for you
With my shield of worries in front of you
Like a moon I revolve around you
Take your extinguished love and look at me
I will cover your deeply wounded scars
I will make you smile, I will make you mine

 

I stopped and locked my eyes with hers. “Lee Min Young, my best friend… Your idiot best friend wants to say something to you. He hopes you won’t get mad at him” we smiled

“Min Young-sshi... We have been friends for 8 months already. We know each other very well. I know you and you know me. I let go all of my problems whenever you smile. Since then I realized that I fell for you. This body, this soul and heart, can’t hold it any longer. I feel so jealous whenever you are with another guy. Please, don’t come to them. It sounds like I’m selfish right? I just can’t help myself from my ego. I hope you understand. I just want you to know my feeling before it’s late. I’m afraid there is no second chance for me to say this. Now or never right? Even if I know your feeling isn’t mutual, it’s okay. I will accept the truth and back off. I’m sorry if I ever hurt your or make you cry but just to let you know, I like you. No, I mean I love you. Please don’t leave me no matter what happen. I won’t leave you. Never…”

I got off of the stage and walked to her table. She looked so nervous. It’s cute but I hope it’s not a sign of bad things.

I placed the microphone in front of my mouth and took the flowers behind my back.

 

“Lee Min Young… Will you be mine?”

 

 

It was sweet. My sweet moment with her is now just, memories…

 

 

December 25 - 2011

I and Min walked together, hand in hand, in our trip in Jeju Island. Only smile is plastered on our faces. We are like the happiest couple. Even if it wasn’t summer here, we still loved it, as long as we are here for each other.

We headed to the hotel. We stayed here for one week. I was so happy because I can spend my time with her alone.

“Are you tired?” she shook her head and kept on walking

“Want to watch movie tonight? I have romance comedy movie!”

“Whoa! Really? Let’s go!” she grabbed my hand and dragged me to our room. Well, it had 2 beds inside.

“What is the title?”

“Unexpected Things”

“That’s cool…”

“I know right…”

“Let’s watch it now, shall we?” she nodded and smiled sweetly. I missed that smile.

We sat side by side on the floor. I hugged her as she rested her head on my chest. I wanted to make her warm so I covered our body with blanket.

There was a scene when the boy cried because he realized if the girl wasn’t cheating on him. She sobbed and I just let my chest wet. I her hair and comforted her. I told her if it’s just a movie

“Don’t be like that boy!”

“I got it!” I chuckled and hugged her.

-

I walked to the bathroom as I woke up in the next day. I woke up earlier on purpose to surprise her. I putted on my white t-shirt and walked to the ground floor. The receptionist told me to wait for their manager. I nodded and sat on one of the sofa there.

“Hello Mr. Bang…”

“Hello Mr. Kim. I’m here to make sure. Is everything alright?”

“Yes. You don’t have to worry much. So, 6 p.m.?”

“Yes. Thank you so much. Please do check again. I don’t want something happen and ruin it.” He nodded and I headed to our room again. I saw her, sleeping soundly on the bed. ‘Such an angel’

I sat next to her and her hair. “Sweetie… Wake up now…” she kept on mumbling random words which is I can’t understand.

“Minnie… Wake up… It’s morning already…” she finally got up and said, “Good morning…”

“Good morning. Take a bath first.” She nodded and took a long shower. Oh my god.

“I’m ready!” she smiled in her white sweater and blue trousers.

“Let’s go now!”

“Where should we go?”

“You will know when you get there.” I smirked and dragged her outside of the hotel. She just followed me from behind and I felt if she was smiling.

“Ski resort, huh?” she let go of my grip as we arrived there

“Yes! Let’s have some fun!” I exclaimed and she nodded

We borrowed the things that we need for ski. “Are you cold?” she shook her head and smiled

I taught her some simple tricks yet she can’t do any. I laughed hard when her face full with the snow.

“You look like snowman. Oh! Snowwoman! Hahaha…”

“Yah! You are supposed to teach me! Not to laugh at me!” she stomped her feet and walked away. I chuckled and ran after her.

“You are so cute!”

“Whatever.”

“Yah… I’m just kidding…”

“I don’t care.”

This girl is really hot tempered. I grabbed her hand and hugged her. I kissed her on her hair and she hugged me back with a smile. “Don’t be mad at me. Let’s go home now.”

We walked home. It was 4 p.m. I need to be hurry. I rushed to the bathroom and told her if I have an appointment.

“Babe, I have something to do. I need to go now. I will be back soon. Wait for me okay?” she just nodded and lied on the bed.

I walked out and took out my phone.

To: My beloved Minnie

Minnie… Can you take a white paper in the drawer?

I smiled secretly and walked to the lobby. I asked the staff to take my tux. He nodded and handed me the white tux. I changed my clothes and helped the staff.

I remembered what I’ve wrote on the paper.

Minnie ah… You can find something in the wardrobe. After you get there, please wear it and make yourself into the most beautiful princess. I will wait for you in the restaurant of the hotel.

I smiled and waited for her there. ‘Why took her so long? It’s 6.15 p.m.’ I thought. One of the staffs tapped my shoulder and told me if she was here.

I got ready to hide my body first. It was all dark in here.

I saw her walking closer to the table in the middle. I walked toward her and offered her my hand. She took it and we walked side by side with me.

“You like it?”

“I love it.”

She smiled in her white dress. She is so pretty. I let her sit first and sat on my own.

“Why did you make this all?”

“I will tell you later, babe…”

We cheered and drank our wine. We had dinner in silent but it’s not awkward. I cleared my throat and took a red box inside my pocket.

“Lee Min Young. I might not the best boy friend ever. But as long as you love me, I never think about it. You know how much I love you and want to be with you right? I want to make you mine and last forever…” I stopped awhile then continued my words.

I stood up and kneed down

 

“Lee Min Young. Will you marry me?

 

 

I felt a tear drop from my left eye. I cried again. If she didn’t cheat… I will cuddle her, hug her close and kiss her hair.