The transformation

That XX

“Yesterday’s chat was so quick, I didn’t get to talk to her as much as I wanted too, but.... I finally knew her name. Jenny Kim, the girl of my dreams. She also called me oppa for the first time! I wonder though,  will I ever be able to even ask her out? I’m just a normal person, I’m nothing special. Do I even deserve her?”


Jiyong heard the door knock and closed his grey diary, leaving it on his bed. While he walked to the door he wondered “Who could possibly be on the door, It’s barerly 7 AM!”. He opened the door and saw Dong-Sung.
“Hey bro, did I wake you?” said Dong-Sung. “I couldn’t help hearing the conversation with the girl yesterday~ I thought to myself that I should come to you early today before work to give you some advices.”.
“B-but I don’t need any” Jiyong replied with a tired voice. Dong-Sung didn’t care much about the vague reply he got. He dragged Jiyong, that almost tripped and fell, to the sofa in the bright white living room.

“Listen, I do not care what you say, you NEED some advice when it comes to getting a lady” Dong-Sung said while taking of his black blazer, leaving it beside him. “If you haven’t noticed you are actually too nice to even get a girlfriend”. Jiyong continued to listen while struggling to concetrate on what hyung told him. “You are a nice guy, but face it, you are friendzoned, you always are when it comes to girls. You need a make-over, slick back your hair man, get some fine clothes with bold colors, be confident! Because if you aren’t, you will never be able to take it to the next step with ANYONE”. Jiyong tried interupting him to tell something, but Dong-Sung didn’t care. “Before I go I need to tell you something else too, man up. Girls like bad boys, so become one. See you at work at 10 am okay?”. Dong-Sung din’t wait for any reply, he just took his blazer and left.


“What just happened...” Jiyong thought to himself while heading to his bedroom. He took the diary and leaved it on his white bedside table, put on some plain jeans and a white v-cut shirt, took his wallet and keys, and headed out. It was a bright, sunny day, and the sky was clear, and there wasn’t so much traffic. “Where to go” he wondered, and decided to head to COEX mall. He went to a cab and told the driver to head to Gangnam-gu, and then sat down on the leather seat and put on his headphones to listen to some k-pop.

He finally arrived after 1 hour and gave the driver the money, went out of the cab and closed the door. He went into his favorite store called “K-STYLE”. The store had a neon bright sign above the entrance with the stores name in some fancy font. Jiyong entered the bright and big store and saw a bunch of clothes he liked. He thought to himself “Nice clothe and bold colors is what I need” and went to get a really nice bright red blazer he had his eye on and some semi-ripped black jeans. On the product section he found some hair gel and decided to buy it too. He spent a total of 150 bucks, he got shocked by the number, but thought to himself that it would make the ladies love him. The cashier put the stuff in a bag and handed it over to Jiyong.

Jiyong headed out of the mall and took a taxi back home again.

He was home at 9:57 AM and rushed to his phone he forgot to take and dialed Dong-Sungs number.
“Hey Dong-Sung I’m sorry that I’m not at work yet, I’ll be there as soon as possible, just came back from shopping” he said stuttering. “It’s okay bro, take all the time you want to get ready” Dong-Sung replied.

Jiyong sighed with a relief and took the clothes and hair gel out of the bag. He took of his pants and jacket and put on the new clothes. “Hmm, clothes really do make a difference” he said while wowing at himself. He slicked back his hair with some hair gel and was good to go. Work was waiting for him so he took his keys and phone, and headed out of the house.

“This day the world will see the new and improved Jiyong”.