A Parallel Line

Math tells 3 of the Saddest Love Stories

 

A Parallel Line

“Two lines that were never meant to meet.”

Your POV

You were sitting in class talking with your friends. It was a normal day. You always noticed one thing though. There was a boy. One particular boy. You knew his name. Micky Yoochun. He’s from Korea. He was social, but he studied hard. He seemed interesting, but you never bothered to talk to him.

As days passed, you noticed him more and more. Why didn’t you bother to make a move? You didn’t know. Your friends noticed you staring and tried to help you talk to him but you denied their help. You thought it’d be pointless. It wasn’t like you were in love.

Eventually time moved on and it was already the end of high school. You were surprised, but you were happy. Suddenly, you heard that Micky was moving back to Korea. You didn’t know how to react. You never knew him. You weren’t even his friend. He said his goodbyes to the class at the last day. What was strange was, he was gazing at you when he said goodbye. You found it strange, but as soon as he started walking out, it struck you. You could’ve gotten to know him. You could’ve done something. You didn’t know why you felt this way, maybe you did like him? You weren’t sure.

But then one thought went through your mind.

Maybe you two weren’t meant to meet…

--

Micky’s POV

I was sitting in class talking with my friends. It was a normal day. I always noticed one thing though. Her. Only one. Her name was ____________. She has always had a class with me since freshman year. I never spoke with her though. I felt like she didn’t want to speak with me.

Slowly I felt her gaze at me. Was she always looking at me? I don’t know. I didn’t mind it though. I could always talk to her. But…I never did. One day in class, her friends were trying to drag her over to where I was, but she denied it. I wonder why?

Time went by fast, and it was already the end of the year. I heard the news from my parents. We were moving to Korea. I was excited to go back. But I felt something heavy in my heart. Something wasn’t right. What was it though? I shrugged it off as I noticed the time. My parents will be here soon, so the teacher stopped the class to catch their attention. I came to the front and smiled. I didn’t know why, but my gaze went straight to her. I said my goodbyes to the class, grabbed my things, and walked out.

As I walked out of that classroom and down the hall, my heart kept pounding harder and harder. It hurt so much. I stopped to calm myself down, but I felt the urge to look behind, as if I was expecting someone. Her. I looked back to see an empty hallway. No sign of her at all. I sighed. I turned back and continued walking. As I reached to the front doors, I looked back again once more. I thought of her once again. I sighed as I said my last words in that school.

“Maybe we weren’t meant to meet after all.”