No one can love me better than you [eyka_afzan]

Senshine Oneshot Request Shop :: Hiatus ::

No  one  can  love  me  better  than  you

16.jpgBaekhyun-so-cute-ktjpop-31116231-500-354baekhyun8.png

Characters: Kim Hyerae & Byun Baekhyun                                                              |                                                                                             Requested by: eyka_afzan

√v^√v^√

A/N : So i kind of changed the plot. xD But still hope you'll like it :3

“Oh hey how about Kai, he’s hot.” Krystal pointed towards the guy who is talking and laughing with his friends by the bench near where the 3 of them were seated. Hyerae turned her attention towards the guy Krystal was pointing to, then said, “Krystal how many times do I have to tell you, I am not interested in guys.” Krystal scrunches up her nose.

“Really, even Kris?” Nana absentmindedly while se admiringly gaze over the male, playing basketball with some guys. “Psh.” Hyerae rolled her eyes, and turn attention back to the book in her hands. ‘Oh come on Rae, don’t be such a bookworm. You have to be interested on some guys in this place.” Krystal nudges her sides with her elbow, “Yea ~ so we could hook you up or something.” Nana added, half of her attention was on her friend and half was on Kris. “No, I’m not interested in any guys here nor interested in dating.” She replied, her eyes not leaving the words in her book.

“Rae, is it because of Jaehyun?” Krystal blurted out.

Rae took a deep breath, remembering the guy who once broke her heart into million pieces. “I would lie if I say no. But it doesn’t mean that I still love that jerk, it’s just that after all he has done to me, I don’t think I can still entrust my heart to someone.”

Krystal bit her bottom lip and looked at her friend, with guilt in her eyes and at the same time it showed sympathy for her friend, knowing how much she suffered in the past. “I’m sorry, Rae.”

“Oh come on, I’m okay.” She assured them with a convincing smile. “But I can assure you that, not all guys are like that Jaehyun.” Nana confidently told her, Rae only shrugged her shoulders in response then stand up to leave.

~

Hyerae opened her locker and started putting the things she needed for class that day. Adjusting her glasses she closed the metal door and was ready to walk for class. But as she turns to her right, she got surprised by a male standing right in front of her. Also wearing a big geeky eye glasses as hers.

They stood there for a moment, staring at each other’s eyes, before Rae decided to break the small staring contest. “Um.. May I help you?”

The nerd snapped back into reality, “Uh, yeah.” He softly answered, his voice was angelic. “Can you tell me where room 106a is?”

Rae smiled and nodded at him, “Of course, come on.” She motioned him to follow her and they started walking towards the direction of the room. “So from what school are you?” The boy looks up to her and softly answered, “Hanlim Arts High school.” Hye Rae nodded her head, then stop walking. Extended her hand and introduced herself with a smile that caught his heart, “I’m Kim Hyerae by the way.” He gave her hands a shake and told her his name, “Byun Baekhyun.” With an adorable smile. “Nice to meet you Baekhyun.”

And since that day, they started hanging out every lunch & dismissal, and eventually became best of friends, telling secrets to each other and all. He even knows about Rae’s past, but there is one thing that Rae doesn’t know about Baekhyun. One thing that Baekhyun thinks can change the closeness between them. But in the right time, she’ll be able to know it.

~

“Ya ~ What took you so long?” Rae giggled at the panting male who is holding onto his knee for support.

“I..m s..s..sor..ry.” he answered between pants.

“Aigoo, here ~” She handed her a bottle of water which he happily accepted and immediately gulped down; for it seems like he had run in a 200 meter dash. With a cute smile on his face he thanked her, sending the butterflies in her stomach, insane, but she just ignored it.

“Come on, let’s go to Han river before we go home.”

Baekhyun fiddled his fingers, biting his bottom lip as he walked side by side with Hyerae, contemplating to himself if he should tell her or not.

“Ahhhh ~ Fresh air” She breathed out, closing her eyes and extending her arms as she breathed the fresh air. He looked at her and smiled, for the times he was with her, he couldn’t help but develop feelings for her. He liked her for some time now, and he’s been wanting to tell her, but thinking of the consequences that it could result to, he loses hope.

“If I tell you I like you will you accept my feelings?” he absentmindedly blurted out, realizing what he just said, he gasps and covered his mouth.

Hyerae turned to her head towards the male with wide eyes, “W-what?”

Baekhyun sighed, “There is no point of hiding it now.” He then turned to her, taking a deep breath he started, “Hyerae-ah, I like you, for some time now and I have always wanted to tell you a long time, but I didn’t have the courage to do so. But here I am now in front of you, without that much courage, telling you that I like you.”

He bit his bottom lip and lowered his head, his heart beating faster than its normal rate.

Hyerae, shocked, by her best friend’s confession, has hanging as she tries to find words to say.

Finally finding the right words, she response, “Baek, I don’t know what to say… C-can you give me time to think?”

“Okay.” he breathed out, nodding his head but his eyes still looking down on the ground, mentally scolding himself for turning the atmosphere, between the two of you, awkward.

~

Hyerae walked her usual path to school, with earphones plugged in her ears. It’s been three weeks, since Baekhyun confessed his feelings to her, the atmosphere between them turned awkward to the point that they would act as if they don’t know each other when they passed by one another in the hall way.

She knows to herself that she misses Baekhyun and how the two of them have fun. But every time she tries to talk to him properly it’ll still result to an awkward conversation. She wanted to get back the way it used to be, so after three weeks of sleepless nights of thinking and thinking, she has finally resulted to an answer.

She likes Baekhyun, yes.

But she’s still confused whether she likes her as s friend or she likes her more than just that. But eventually she’ll find that out.

“So…?” Nana and Krystal looked at her, anticipating her answer.

“I don’t know.’ She playfully shrugs her shoulders, making her friends groan. ‘Oh come on. Kim Hyerae, tell us!” Nana pleaded tugging on Rae’s sleeve. Rae only giggled at her friend and shook her head.

“Hey! There’s Baekhyun!!” Krystal then exclaimed pointing her finger towards the male who is talking to someone, who is probably not from their school.

“is it just me, or that guy looks familiar.” Nana questioned, sipping on her milk tea.

“Eh!  Maybe he just looks like whoever that person is.” Krystal said, avoiding the mention of his name. “And he’s in America, remember?”

“Maybe you’re right. Come on let’s go to Baekhyun.”

Rae took a deep breath, the guy who’s with Baekhyun is indeed familiar, and she wished it isn’t him.

But what if it’s him?

Rae’s footstep gets heavier and heavier, her heart beating in such nervousness. She didn’t want to see him.

But maybe Krystal’s right; he’s in freaking America, how could he be here in Seoul. She tried to distract herself with positive thoughts that he isn’t that guy. Her grip tightened around her books, wishing and hoping.

 Baekhyun saw Rae and her friends walking towards their direction. He smiled, seeing this the guy he’s talking to turned to where Baekhyun was looking at.

Rae stopped in her tracks, the books felling out of her hands as her eyes met with him.

~

‘I thought you were in America, what are you doing here?” Rae asked him, solemnly, staring blankly at the setting sun. “I’m here to visit my brother.” He answered, staring at the same view as she was.

“Ohh..” she nodded her head, in a dull movement. “Then what were you doing with Baekhyun?” she then asked, partly hoping that he isn’t baekhyun’s brother, unfortunately he is.

No wonder those round brown orbs of Baekhyun looked somewhat like Jaehyun’s.

“I know I’m that jerk who broke your heart a long time ago, making you despise guys.” Jaehyun started, “When I came to America, I’ve always thought of the things I have done to you and realized how much of a jerk I was for hurting you and wasting your love. You’re a really beautiful girl, Rae, you’re even perfect. I’m so sorry for breaking your fragile heart, I was so immature that time, all I think of is myself. It’s okay if you can’t forgive me but..”

He turned to her and put a hand on her shoulders, smiling he told her, “Please give Baekhyun a chance, he maybe my brother but he is far different from me.”

~

That night after her conversation with Jaehyun, Rae has thought hard about the things that have happened long ago til the present time.

And she realized to herself that all along she has already fallen in love with Baekhyun.

With the butterflies in her stomach going crazy, every time he smiles.

A wave of electricity that run through her body, whenever their skin touches each other,

And some random thing he does that made her heart flutter.

She loves him.

And letting go of the past will make things easier for her.

It’ll be hard but in time she’ll be able to forget.

She grabbed her phone and her coat long with her house key and head out the door.

~

Baekhyun walked through the cold night, after receiving a call from Hyerae; he immediately made his way to the park, where she told him to meet her.

He misses her so much, after 3 weeks of awkwardness and avoiding each other, he was so excited to see her. But still he was afraid, after knowing that Rae, the girl he loves, was his brother’s ex-girlfriend, he doesn’t know if she would still trust him, thinking that seeing him would just remind him of her painful past. He’d rather be give up on loving her that seeing her get hurt.

“Hyerae…’ he softly uttered as he slowly approach the girl.

Hyerae stand form the swings and smiled at him, “Baek-“

“Hyerae… I’m so sorry, I didn’t know Jaehyun hyung was that jerk who broke your heart. And to top of that he’s my brother, Rae, I love you but thinking that seeing me would only remind of you of the past, I’d rather give up…” his voice choked, as he tries to suppress the tears.

“So just forget whatever I told you back at Han River.” He then turn his heel to walk away.

Is she just gonna watch him walk away without knowing what she feels…

No. she thought to herself.

“All my life, I’ve been hiding behind a huge wall, just to prevent myself from feeling the same pain I’ve felt before…” Baekhyun stop in his tracks,

“But, you were that stupid nerd that climbed that wall and had unknowingly taught me that I should erase what was in the past, Baekhyun, I’ve never felt this for a long time, My life became colorless since that day, but you came, and gave it color. All this time I’ve been loving you without me noticing cause I was busy blocking those feelings. I want you by my side…

   No one can love me better than you… No one can.”

A tear fell from her eye as she confessed her feelings to her best friend.

Baekhyun slowly walked back to her and brought her in for a hug.

“Rae, I love you too, I love you very much.” He kissed her forehead, Rae then hugged him tighter, feeling as if she doesn’t want to let go.

After so long, she had finally opened her heart to someone who deserves it.

END –