TEASER: CALI~~

❊ The Four Keys ❊

 

Calliope Garcia rented a small place for her clinic as a psychologist at a semi-rural place in a small town called Westerly, Rhode Island in America. She has lived most of her independent years here and was happy and contented until her funds ran out on her. She had been giving too many free counseling sessions. And now, she has no more clinics to pretend to call her own.

She did her best to survive. She sold things that she didn’t need until her parents sent her money out of the blue. She decided to move to the main town of Westerly and with the money that her parents gave her, she rented a house.

She looked for jobs but there were none that piqued her interest and would provide her the nourishment of her skills in Psychology.

One morning, when she woke up, she started to lose hope. She could never be a successful Psychologist. Like every morning, she did her usual routine but started to laze down and do nothing. Her doorbell rang and she lazily opened the door seeing a mailman waiting outside holding a couple of envelopes.

“Miss Garcia.” The mailman greeted.

Cali nodded in approval and smiled a little for the man as a polite gesture.

“Please sign here.”

Cali obeyed and the mailman gave Cali the letters in return. When the mailman was gone, she closed the door and her hopes started to rise—hoping to get a kind of sign that would make this miserable life of hers be actually not miserable.

She scanned every letter, reading who it was from when a certain envelope caught her eye. It was a thick envelope that had embroidery on special papers. It smelled like rosemary. She put down the rest of the letters and concentrated on the rosemary scented one. She carefully opened the elegant seal with a key on its center.

There was a single card inside the envelope with the same paper. She read its contents and it said that she was invited to the Heaven’s Plain tomorrow night.

“You are the key.” She read aloud on the sentence that made her really curious. Everything was surreal. The Heaven’s Plain was a huge old mansion that had been unoccupied until just recently.

She thought about it carefully. Why would a person like me be invited in such a prestigious place by the new owner? I don’t even know anyone that is prestigious enough for me to be invited.

She shrugged when she got no answer from herself. She placed the invitation down on the table with the rest of the envelopes and thought about the invite if she should go or not.