I'll be Waiting.

In Another World

 

I miss him, the way he smiles, the way he complements my cooking even if it's practically in edible, the way he sings with all his emotion, but most of all the warmth that comes from when he hugs me. So I'm really excited to see him later this day. I've already prepared all his favorite food, books, and games.
Will he be excited?
 
I remember the time we first met, it was at a cafe in University lane.
I came in with my sketch book and ordered watermelon boba milk tea, I was supposed to meet SeHun and LuHan for an art assignment. The meet was set for 3 but I was 15 minutes early, I wanted a good seat in front of the window that looked over the cerulean water fountain. 
 
So I sketched and escaped to my own world, completely oblivious to the outside world. It passed ten minutes and I was proud of the basic structure of my fountain drawing, it was difficult to capture the glimmer of light that skipped across the ripples, even so it was satisfying.
 
 I heard manly chuckles that entered the shop and couldn't deny they were my Oppas' but a third laugh was emitted that I didn't hear. HuHan entered wearing matching bowties and I guessed they just came from a photoshoot to be wearing such expensive suits, in a hurry to be here they didn't even change, poor Oppas, don't they know their dongsaeng can wait? 
 
I skipped happily towards them and gave a firm handshake. I didn't like skin ship back then and hugs were no exception. I found it annoying and uncomfortable, thank goodness my Oppa's understood me and were used to it. But I found a third man behind them, and he looked confused at me most likely from my unladylike greeting. Oh well, I walked towards him and shook his hand but I didint expect for him to pull me into a light hug. 
 
He chuckled after and pinched my cheeks and HuHan Oppas laughed too! Most likely from my shocked face, no one has ever pinched my cheeks, well if they tried I'd slap them right away. LuHan oppa had to learn the hard way. But this stranger's actions just came out of nowhere I was in a state of daze. The three left me in my state and walked towards the table that held my sketches and flipped thought them. I followed and traced the lines of their faces, so perfect all of them to be my muse especially the stranger's sharp jaw line and protruding cheek bones were alluring, I think he caught my stare for he asked me why I was staring, and offered an introduction.
"My name is Kim Jongdae, but people call me Chen, nice to meet you." his voice was sweet but masculine and he finished with an eye smile.
"Hi, I'm Song TaeRi." my heart warmed at his sight and felt a spark within me.
"Did you draw these? If you did, they're much better than your two Oppas sketches."
I chuckled and nodded my head in agreement. After ordering boba teas for everybody we headed towards the stated assignment venue for the shoot. We all worked well and Chen, was especially helpful. After an hour we were done and SeHun just had to edit the rest. I bid SeHun goodbye and LuHan was in a hurry to leave because he had another photoshoot to attend to so waved him off. It was just me and Chen, we lived in the same district so we strolled the same path, and we both felt a bond of trust. It was quiet for a while but never became awkward.
 
"Do you know why, why I did that earlier?" Chen broke the silence
"Huh?" was my only reply.
"When I hugged you.."
"Oh. Yeah, why did you do that?"
"You're Oppas told me you hated skinship, however, I love skinship. And you should too that's why I hugged you, you're young and adorable you deserve to be affectionate."
"ohhhh, but still it's awkward and uncomfortable."
"Was it uncomfortable when I hugged you?"
I paused and recalled when he hugged me, actually it wasn't, it was more of a calming feeling, so I shook my head. He smiled and took my hand.
"See, I have a special power to make people feel warmth through being affectionate."
I laughed at his cheesiness but agreed, after our first meeting we meeted every week then a few times a week. We had similar attributes and interests, it had been a year and we finally decided to go out. Truthfully it was one of my best decisions, ever. 
 
However, fate likes to play tricks on us mortals for us to realize not everything can be as sweet as we wish it to be. That's why I'm meeting Chen today. 
 
Oh LuHan oppa is here! He's early but that's ok, I want to surprise Chen.
We'll also be meeting SeHun there so we hurried and oppa took my presents in the car. It took twenty minutes to get to the building and I could see the venue's bright lights. We parked and LuHan told me Sehun was already there and told me to go straight to the room. I've been here many times before so the counter lady sadly smiled at me and I too smiled at her. Chen's room was on the seventh floor and proceeded taking cautious steps, I kindly smiled at the passing patients hoping he is happy to see me. 
 
The room was open but SeHun wasn't inside, probably at the restroom.
There he lay asleep soundly except for the constant beeps from the machines. I was annoyed at all the plugs and strings that were connected to his body from the evil boxes, but I couldn't do anything, if I wanted him to survive I had to deal with it. 
 
Unconsciously tears rolled downs my baby cheeks when I recalled the disdainful news. It was a month to two months ago and Chen was driving to his next business meeting when a drunk driver slammed into Chen's car forcing him to swirl and crash into another vehicle. The car was a total wreckage and the drunk driver was fined and jailed. Sadly Chen, was taken away to the hospital mangled and on the brink of meeting death. 
 
I was called at work and rushed to the hospital with Sehun and LuHan. I was hysterically screaming at the doctors to save him. After hours of stressful eternity  we were allowed to see him. He lay motionless and lifeless, hooked to the machines like a puppet while bandaged like a sick present. I choked and fell to his side because I couldn't breathe to have lost him, almost. The doctors said he miraculously survived the crash but his rib cage and other bones were broken. He also suffered internal bleeding but they got to him fast to save him.
I dreaded most what the doctor said, he was alive, almost, Chen was most likely in a state of unconsciousness, a coma and they didn't know when he would wake up.
Brain dead? Hopefully not, I can only pray for when he wakes up. What I hated most was the contorted expression of evident pain on his wounded face, If only he could have a calm facade I would have taken the impact better, but the pain and eternal healing process for my Chen was too much, he was my structure the only one who could contract a viral feeling of warmth all across my cold interior. It was heartbreaking to tell his only mother but she took me in warmly and we both prayed for Chen's survival.
Sehun and LuHan entered the room and I heard their footsteps come closer. LuHan tried to pry me off but never would I leave, I was crying and swallowing for air when my tears flooded out messing my makeup. SeHun came and pulled LuHan off me, and said they'd wait outside.
 
Never will I leave his side,
I miss his smile,
his voice,
his smartass remarks,
I miss every thing,
for a week I cursed at why life made fun of us, but I realized I couldn't do anything about it. So now my devotion is to be there for Chen, I'll be by his side the day he wakes up,
 
To hug him and love him, I will be there always.
I'll be waiting...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Beeeeeeeeeeep.
 
Author time~~~
How was it? Did it go too fast? I like the ending but im scared itll actually happen to me:O Wanna know why? Well the chappie before this where the girl meets her crush at the cafe near the school on a friday....WELL THAT HAPPENED TO ME I WAS LIEK SDFGHJKSDFGHJ, FREAKING OUT, so all i could do was sit, drink my watermelon boba tea and quietly eat....while sketching the guy on my sketch book...guys i havent experienced love yet, so that was a fun expereince for a fangull. BUT FOREVER WILL EXO BE IN MA HEART!
CHENCHEN SPAM
tumblr_mau6ql5CKQ1rued0uo2_500.jpgtumblr_mau6p9Dy1l1rued0uo2_500.jpgimagetumblr_m6606o0qG81r3qi9do2_250.gifdansheeen masheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
tumblr_mau4taQx381rzvju6o1_500.jpgtumblr_mau2ulRmfT1ry2bv4o4_r2_250.gifimage
tumblr_matw6o0xSl1rowqg0o1_500.jpgtumblr_matu0r2ENe1r44taeo2_250.gifwierd oppas..
tumblr_mattl0MGEE1rufoq6o1_250.gifimagetumblr_mato2ifU611rs77x0o4_500.pngtumblr_matmlyZjgh1rs77x0o1_500.jpgmy favorite *U*
kk bye!!