Couldn't

❝Paint Me a Pink Star!❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Moon Ri’s POV

I sat on the bed’s edge, pulling the blanket over my shoulders while watching the sunrise outside my bedroom’s window. Junhyung was soundly sleeping next to me, his hand searching for my body to hold. I sniffed the silence. I could feel my face swollen from all the crying. The night I slept with Junhyung brought back my memories. Maybe I should be thankful to him for making me realize what a failure I’ve been all the years after my accident. Replacing my brother with my crush just to protect myself from being heartbroken… …

“ ‘Morning,” Junhyung wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his chest. I smiled. He was sweet. Too bad it was all just an act.

“Junhyung, you’re not gay.”

“I know.” I turned to him to find him smiling. “I knew it ever since I saw you with Hyunseung. But I was afraid that if I tell you, you’ll turn yourself away from me.”

“You don’t love me, Junhyung.”

He just shook his head. “Not yet. I still have something left for Hara inside my heart, but I will love you because I know that you’re the only one for me.”

I smiled and turned to the window  once again. “But you don’t love me, just like I don’t love you. Tell me, did you feel good last night? Was I good enough in my act?”

“What do you mean, Moon Ri?”

“I’m frigid, Junhyung. That means I can’t feel pleasure during a hot night. I’m like that ever since I got . I’m sorry if I couldn’t please you enough last night.”

“Wh--?! How? When?”

I smiled. “When I turned twenty. I was dating Jiyong for one and a half year already when he me. He was drunk and high at that time. And apparently, I was way to tempting for him not to give in to me, I know that his company covered the story very well since I told no one about it. You see, in my stupidity, I thought he actually loved me. I knew nothing about his marriage with CL… Guess karma comes around when you expect the less,” I muttered while standing. “That’s my life, Junhyung,” I looked at him from my place. “I was broken and I mended myself all this years without knowing that I was doing it wrongly. Heck! I didn’t even knew that my blood was screaming in my veins! I just continued to screw with myself over and over again. So, this being said, I don’t think we should be anything more than friends.”

“No! I won’t be able to stand without you! I know I won’t!”

“Junhyung…”

“Please, listen to me! You are the only one for me right now, even though I might not love you! And maybe you don’t love me either! But we were made for each other,” he intertwined fingers with me. “Perfectly broken and messed up. We’re the perfect match, can’t you see?”

“We’ll see.” It was difficult to broke the one string that kept me attached to what I loved without even knowing… …

☂☂☂

I stepped inside the apartment carefully as if expecting to see the old me yelling at Chanyeol any time. The silence was ruling over the canvas covered b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter