Overheard

❝Paint Me a Pink Star!❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay’s POV

“Damn you!” I muttered under my breath, pushing the laces inside the army style boots. My hands were trembling too much to be able to be able to tie them up. “C’mon, Hyunseung! You’re riding with me!” I pulled the red headed after me towards my car.

“Where are you going without me? Wait up!” Of course. Chanyeol just had to be there. It was all part of the deal after all… …

I pushed the gear level and drove away, following the other two cars in front. The snow was falling on the windscreen. “Tell me, Hyunseung. Tell me everything. Tell me what happened,” I spoke after few minutes in which I tried my best to calm down all that anger that was building up inside of me.

“W-we left with the snowmobile in the mist of the snow fight,” he started stuttering a little. I was watching him in the rearview mirror. “We went to see the view from the cliff you told us about last night. We got there, we saw the view and turned around to return to the cabin. It was getting dark. We took the same way, the only pathway that was going down the cliff. But I did something wrong and we hit one tree. I-I was scared because I didn’t find Moon Ri and I…”

“Don’t.” I looked ahead of us. I was in no condition whatsoever to hear his apologies. And after all he told me, I could figure out the end on my own. Moon Ri was in a bad condition.

 

☂☂☂

 

“Can I help you?” the nurse smiled at all of us.

“Yes. We are looking for a patient that was brought here half an hour ago,” Hyunseung took over as I knew no detail about their arrival to the hospital.

“Name, please?”

“Jung Moon Ri.”

“Oh…that Jung Moon Ri,” the nurse looked at us with a strange expression on her face.

“What? What’s going on? What happened to her?!” I flamed up. I had these horrible scenarios in my head with Moon Ri lying on a hospital bed, oxygen mask on and unconscious. Maybe she was in a coma and they didn’t want me to know… I glanced at Chanyeol. He was calm. Not poker faced, but calm. I felt like I could strangle him right there and then. After all, we were in a hospital and the doctors could do CPR in case of emergency, right?

“Wait here, please,” the nurse instructed us before closing the door of the ward in our noses. What exactly happened to Moon Ri?!

“Calm down, Lay. You’re making this difficult.” I turned to Chanyeol who raised his eyebrows as a confirmation of his whispering. Man, he had a dying wish!

“How is she?” I quickly grabbed the nurse’s arm as she got out from the ward. She just shook her head. “Is she…?”

“Are you her relatives?” We all turned around to see this old doctor studying all of us carefully. “Well, are you or not?”

“Friends,” Hyunseung shook his head, earning a glare from the old mushroom.

“I’m her brother.” That’s right, Chanyeol. Step in. Step in and find out what’s going with Moon Ri ‘coz I swear I’m gonna have a inside the hospital!

“Right. Well, your sister is having some sort of a crisis that worsens every single time someone enters her ward. So for the time being, it’s better not to enter in there, if you get what I mean.”

“What kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter