Spring - Summer

A Glimpse Into Tomorrow

 

They are not the closest of friends; just ordinary friends.

 

"Kai," she calls, an attempt to snap him out of his reverie, "Are you all right?"

"Just thinking," he replies, "The last time we were here, with her."

She stares at him for a moment, slowly leaning in closer to him and speaks in a softer tone. "Don't think about so much, Kai." Her eyes filled with sympathy gaze at his already-ragged, and tired face. Hesitantly, she puts her hand above his, and giving him an assuring squeeze.

He nods, but his honest heart tells otherwise.  

His attention then shifts to the sunglasses on the table. Gucci, it reads. He frowns before rolling his eyes at her. "You seem to be doing great?" The question sounds more like an accusation, than a warm greeting.

"Everything is going well," she tries to ignore the tone in his question, "I mean, with the entertainment company and album." Nonetheless, the non-chalant look on his face hurts her deeply. She doesn't like the way he's responding or acting. Does he even care about her?

"You've changed a lot," he states blatantly.

"No," she insists, "I'm still the same, old Soo Jung."

"No, you're the superstar now, Krystal Jung," he rebutts. 

"Kai," she grits her teeth now, "You're pushing my limits. I'm leaving now." 

"You're leaving, again," he says and chuckles darkly by himself, "You always do."

"What do you want now, Kai?" She questioned, with obvious desperation in her voice.

"Were we ordinary friends," he stops her and enunciated the word, "Just ordinary friends?" His face is painted with a pained look as he stares at her, who's about to step out of the cafe, and leaving him behind. 

She frowns, her brows tightly knitted together now. She knew he's worn out now, she knew he's in pain and she knew he needs someone right now, beside him. 

"Stop lying to me, and us," he clenches, then unclenches his fists and grits his teeth before spatting those mean words at her face. 

Back then, she walked out of them. If she have stayed, things might have different now. Things might have been different between them, between her and him

As her heels click against the hard ground, she turns to look at him. If he asks her to stay, she will. As long as it's for him, she thinks it's worth it. Even if it means she has to throw away her pride.

She doesn't leave.

Not anymore.

Not now.

But she finds her heart shatter into pieces, tears spilling from her eyes when he doesn't even care. He's just staring outside the window, gazing at the sky. Gloomy, dark and grey, exactly what she's feeling.

She smiles bitterly.

He doesn't need her, anymore. 

 

"Goodbye, Kai."