Introduction I: Kim Sunggyu

Tenderness of an Obsessed Heart



Sunggyu hummed softly as he immersed himself in his morning bath. Shine, it was the last song that he sang before he and his bandmates went into separate ways.

 

‘DeadLast’, that was the name of their band once, taken from the French word for “light”. Their band was supposed to give hope to the young dreamers and aspiring singers like him and his bandmates inspite of having the troubles and discouragements other people were giving them. DeadLast was a trio group made up of him, Nam Woohyun, and Jang Dongwoo. But as they reached the peak of their career, the sudden disbandment of their band shook the music industry. Kim Sunggyu, being the leader and keyboardist of DeadLast, decided to end his career as an artist and took over the position of his father as the president of their entertainment.

 

The decision was abrupt, his cowardly father flee one night after her late mother was buried, leaving him and his younger brother, Kim Myungsoo alone. Not wanting for the company to collapsed, Kim Sunggyu disbanded his own band and started to establish his name as one of the youngest CEO in the music industry. This left his old bandmates no choice but to go in the path of self-discovery, Nam Woohyun, being the charmer that he was, decided to pursue his career in Japan and now he was conquering the heart of United States. Meanwhile, Jang Dongwoo, his loyal right hand and sidekick decided to stay in the company and work as a manager, trainer, and composer.   

 

Speaking of Jang Dongwoo, he is supposed to meet him today for the report of the new band that he was handling, Persona.

 

Clearing his mind, he revelled to the warmth that the bath was giving him as he looks ahead for the rest of the day. He knows that today will be a good one, especially with the light of the very good news that he received last night.

 

Sunggyu was thinking that L was awakened from whatever trance Lee Sungjong has put him into and decided to leave the younger man for good. Sunggyu was still feeling the buzz of elation and ecstasy from that little tidbit of information and for once, he was looking forward to start his always busy day.

 

Sunggyu thought that he would never see the day the two would break up. L kept on telling him how happy Sungjong made him and that was a given. The redhead had long since given up on trying to break up the couple and he started to believe that Lee Sungjong would be a permanent fixture in the Kim Family and would soon the become his brother-in-law.

 

But last night’s news had certainly given Sunggyu a reason to celebrate. A light smile graced his handsome features as he submerged himself in the water, drenching him and relaxing his slightly tensed muscles.

 

Sunggyu did not know for certain the reason why the two split because this time, he was not involved in breaking their relationship. However, from what he had been able to discern, things between his younger brother and Persona’s keyboardist/vocalist had been going rather well. Whenever the two can be seen in public, they are always smiling, holding hands, and the two almost appeared to be genuinely happy - keyword is, "almost". Despite having the rumor about the brief instance of the infidelity allegedly on his younger brother’s part, Persona’s keyboardist had duly ignored such reports. There had been no fighting between the photographer-turned-novelist and the artist, “not that anyone knew of, anyway”, and Persona’s recording process had been ahead of schedule for a change.

 

Life is like roses for the couple.

 

Sunggyu knew, though, that there are hidden secrets on everything and that things were not always what they seemed. People have a tendency to change when the doors to private sanctuaries closed. No one could say what truly went on between L and Sungjong once they were alone, and the more that he think about it, it seems that it is a little odd that the couple has not made as many public appearances as they had the year before.

 

But Sunggyu doesn’t care, either. His younger brother’s great love affair had ended and for the better. L’s health will not be jeopardized anymore because of Lee Sungjong’s carelessness and irresponsibility. He may back off when it came to L’s destructive and tumultuous relationship, but he had not stopped fretting over the younger’s man health. Sungjong has always been a cause for concern in Sunggyu’s mind, and the last thing he wanted was for L to be hospitalized again for his asthma and other health problems.

 

 

'And now I don't have to worry about him affecting L's health,' he told himself, draining the tub. 'Not anymore.'

 

Stepping out of the tub, Sunggyu grabs a towel and begins to dry himself off. He has a busy day ahead of him, and he does not want to lose a single, beautiful moment of it.

 

He is Kim Sunggyu, with the young age of 25, he is one of Korea’s most eligible bachelors and yes, he is in love with his own brother, Kim Myungsoo or otherwise known as L Kim.

 



Hello everyone!

It had been a long time since I posted a story. 

Truth is, I was very busy. I need to juggle my time between my part-time job which makes me work5 hours a day and attending my last year in the university. 4 months left before my contract will end and I also have 5 remaining months at the university. So everyone, please bear with me.

PS: I will update "On the Edge Once More" before the month ends... if not you can throw whatever things you want to throw at me.

Speaking of this chapter, this is the introductory chapter for Sunggyu and the rest of the characters will be revealed. This will be an AU so expect some OCness and everything.

Please comment and subscribe. Thank you!

-Rhay