Preview

Tenderness of an Obsessed Heart

 

“Sungjong-shii…”

 

Sunggyu’s  voice sounded authoritative, with a hint of warning laced on it, but Sungjong did not care. He had kept his mouth close about his relationship in over a month, he has clamped his mouth tightly about it even to Hoya, and he was not about to start babbling away. He especially was not going to expose all of his being to someone he did not even trust or will ever trust. Sunggyu had ruined Sungjong’s faith in him the day he told the artist to stay away from Myungsoo, and he doesn’t have any idea if it would ever return. Besides, it was his pain to deal with and no one else’s. In a matter of seconds, Sungjong hopped to his feet and crossed the distance between him and his boss. Then, without even thinking – if he was even thinking that moment of what he was doing, the artist planted his lips on the lips of the older man that was sitting in front of him.

 

The kiss was short – Sungjong only wanted to keep Sunggyu from questioning any further into the painful matters – but it was long enough. His lips were burning with a great intensity from the contact and his stomach lurched. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but Sungjong could not stop himself. He needed to create something to distract Sunggyu…somehow, if only for the briefest of moments.

 

“Just know that we are done with our relationship,” he heard himself say. His voice sounded faint, distant to his hearing. “It’s over for good this time. There is no going back.”