OO2

Exotic Getaway

OO2.

Her Scheming Brother

 

"Alright, before I let you go, where exactly are you going?" her mother asked.

Soo Min grinned broadly as she told her mother. "Cheongug Island!"

Cheongug Island was a well-known vacation spot that almost everyone was dying to go to. However, considering the fact that the cost to stay at such a resort was extremely expensive, many people's dreams for a good vacation shattered once they looked into their wallets. It could cost a whopping $1,000 just to stay there for one day, and that was money that Soo Min was sure she didn't have.

Although the price was high, it made sense. It was a high-class island resort located in the Yellow Sea, just off the west coast of South Korea. Cheongug Island was roughly the size of a small city. The main hotel was located in the North part of the island, where most of the guests stayed. However, in the South, there was the small little village filled with cute dollhouse-looking homes where the permanent residents stayed. Most of the people that stayed in the little village were the staff of the hotel, or wealthy people that used the houses as private vacation homes. In the middle of the island, there lay a shopping center. Little boutiques surrounded the food market, which was placed in the very center. Surrounding the shopping center were lush forests, as well as a few sport areas. In one area, there was a golf course, while tennis courts and basketball courts (as well as many other sports courts) were located haphazardly around the island.

Mrs. Park was shocked. Did her daughter really expect her to approve of such a place to stay? Sure, it was the exact definition of luxury and relaxation. But did Soo Min really expect her to pay for it herself? And if her mother couldn't, she was sure that Soo Min couldn't pay for it by herself, either.

"And how do you expect to pay for this trip?"

Soo Min noticed her mother's panicked expression, and quickly tried to console her. She smiled awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Well, the thing is, it's...free. At least, for me it is."

Her mother raised an eyebrow.

"You remember when we lived in America for a while? And then I made a friend there, her name was Dani Kim?"

Her mother nodded.

"Well, it turns out her father owns Cheongug Island. And she's letting me, my family, and anyone else I invite stay there for free. And we can come any time we want."

Mrs. Park's eyes widened. But then she smiled, remembering the memories Soo Min shared with Dani. They were very good friends. When Soo Min had to move back to Seoul, she could remember the tears both girls had shed. She was happy that they were still in contact with each other, and was happy knowing that although her daughter would be going on vacation alone, she would have Dani to be with her. Of course Mrs. Park wanted to go as well, but she understood that her daughter did need some alone time. And since the offer would be up any time, she could go whenever she wanted to.

"Alright, that's fine. So, what's the plan?"

"She'll wait for me the day after my classes end, and we'll go there by boat. There's a special dock just to get to the island, isn't that cool?"

Soo Min then continued to gush about how high-class the resort was. She was practically fangirling over it! 

Kang Dae was still watching from the stairs, clearly unhappy. However, he started to panic once he realized that Soo Min was coming up the stairs so that she could start packing. Like a ninja, he quickly bounded up the steps and retreated into his room. Once making sure that he could hear the click of his sister's door shut, he slowly opened the door. Realizing that the coast was clear, he skipped down the steps, getting ready to confront his mother. 

He wanted to come off as vulnerable and sad, since his mother was a er for sob stories. Pinching himself for good measure and even putting a few eyedrops into his eyes, he tried to look as sad as ever. Biting his lip, he entered the kitchen, sniffling. Okay, so he was a 17 year old boy that really shouldn't be crying like such a baby, but who cares? If things went well, then he would still be able to bother Soo Min, even on vacation. Although on the outside he looked like a kicked puppy, on the inside, he was cackling evilly.

"Oh, Kang Dae, what's wrong?" his mother asked, rushing up to him and grabbing his hands. It seemed like she was falling for his act.

Kang Dae smirked inwardly.

"I heard you talking to Soo Min noona," he pouted accusingly.

Mrs. Park cocked her head to the side, wondering why he seemed so upset.

"Umma, I'm going to miss noona~" he whined. He cringed inwardly, embarrassed that his usually manly disposition was being ruined just because of an act. 

His mother enveloped him in a hug, patting his back. "I"ll miss her too, but she needs some alone time."

"Why can't I come?" he asked innocently. Of course he knew why she was leaving; it was his fault, anyway. But their mother didn't know that.

"Well..." Good. She looked like she was giving in.

"I'm going to go, too!" he said.

"I guess so, since you're her family and can stay for free as well, but she said she wanted to be alone," she protested.

It was time to bring out the big guns. Kang Dae took a deep breath and closed his eyes tightly. Once he opened them, he let his fist come to the side of his face. After cursing in his head for how ridiculous he would soon look, he finally used his secret weapon: aegyo.

"Bbuing bbuing~" he cutely said.

Mrs. Park's resolve shattered right then and there.

"Well, I suppose you could go and look after her," his mother said slowly.

Brightening considerably, he jumped up and down, trying his best to look as cute as ever. After thanking his mother over and over, Kang Dae put a finger to his lips.

"But don't tell noona, okay? I want to surprise her!" he giggled in the most adorable way he could think of. Again, he cringed inwardly. He feld like puking rainbows and unicorns all over the place. It was not a nice feeling.

After chatting with his mother a bit more, he finally escaped his mother's claws. He was just too cute. Letting out a sigh of relief, he ran as fast as he could up the stairs, happy that he would be able to annoy his sister.

He opened the door to Soo Min's room, ignoring the sign that said, "KNOCK, PLEASE."

She looked up from her suitcase expectantly, only for her face to crinkle in annoyance. "What are you doing in here?"

Kang Dae just laughed evilly and stuck his tongue out at her. "You sure are in for a surprise."

She smirked, crossing her arms. Soo Min walked up to him and poked him square in the chest, trying to look as intimidating as she could. "Don't think I'll put up with you any longer. Besides, I'll be gone from here in a few days, away from you!"

It was Kang Dae's turn to smirk as he looked her squarely in the eyes. "I don't think so."

Soo Min rolled her eyes as she shoved him roughly out of her room.

"Aw, noona, don't do this~" Kang Dae pouted, letting his cute act come to life once again.

She shut the door in his face, frowning.

"If only umma knew...He's so evil!"

Meanwhile, Kang Dae had already gone to his room. He let out a laugh that could rival any villain's evil cackle.

"You don't know what's coming for you, noona."

 

A/N: Kekeke, I love the personality I have created for Kang Dae~ He's so evil! >:) And to give you guys a better image of Cheongug Island, I think I might add in a little chapter explaining it a bit. Maybe, if I'm not too lazy!

Thanks to:

 

Taiyou

Poppy1231

stessy_your_bestie

 

for subscribing as well!

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter~ Thank you, my lovely readers!

Annyeong~

Oh, and the ulzzang in the pic above, isn't he so cute?!? His name is Lee Do Hyung. Click here for more pics of him~