OO1

Exotic Getaway

OO1. 

Her Decision

 

 

She was not pleased. Not pleased at all.

Soo Min groaned, the lines on her forehead inreasing, just as her problems were. It was not a good day for her, at all.

The moment she had woken up, she just knew that the day had been specifically designed to make her feel horrible. She had stumbled out of bed, promptly hitting her shin on her bedside table. Then, hopping on one foot to the bathroom, her clumsy self managed to trip over her own feet once she finished brushing her teeth. After rubbing her sore and trudging downstairs, she discovered that she was late for her classes. Since she didn't eat breakfast, she had been hungry until lunch. And during the time she prayed for lunch to come, her professors had felt especially evil that day, and had assigned mountains of homework, as well as a lengthy project. After lunch, and still starving (she had spilled her lunch over the queenka - there goes her social life - and had no money to buy anything else), she somehow managed to get through her last classes, but just barely. For her creative writing class, she had no inspiration at all, causing her writing to be absolutely horrible. And it didn't exactly help that she presented the piece in front of the class, either. Then, she had a pop quiz which she was sure that she had failed.

And after all that suffering, her mother (who had just remarried) let her new husband and his son move in with them. And guess who her step brother would be? The annoying twerp by the name of Kang Dae. Only a year younger than her, he lived to make her life miserable. He had certainly done a good job that day, since he had locked her out of the house for a solid two hours. To make things worse, it had started to rain, and even then he didn't let her back in. And so, once he finally let her in right before their mother came home (and he played innocent throughout the whole thing!), Soo Min ahd promptly caught a cold.

She could have dealt with such a bad day for ONE DAY, but she knew that living with Kang Dae would only prolong her misery. Even though her days might seem better later on, they would always be dampened by Kang Dae's evil schemes. Soo Min was really fine with her mother remarrying and all. In fact, she kind of bonded with her step father the weekend before when they had gone camping. It was just that Soo Min hated her new father's son with a burning passion so hot it could turn the whole room into a fiery hell.

She tried very hard to put up with the boy's antics, not wanting to upset her parents, but even the very patient Soo Min had her limits. She just couldn't take it anymore.

And so, the next day, she confronted her mother. Spring break was starting for her in a few days, and she was more than ready to get out of classes. She had been given several opportunities to go on vacation with her friends, but none of them seemed that interesting to her. Soo Min was very picky when it came to relaxing. Whether it was contemplating between sitting or lying down, she took her resting very seriously. After all, the opportunities to unwind were scarce for her, considering that she was constantly bombarded with responsibilities from college and her part time job at the cafe down the street.

"Umma, I have something to say. I think I've come to a decision about where I would go for vacation."

Her mother listened intently, curious. Her daughter always thought well and hard on big decisions such as this one, and she was surprised that Soo Min had agreed to something so quickly. "Well, what do you have in mind?"

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Well, I don't think you would disapprove about where I'm going, it's just that...um."

Mrs. Park leaned forward, encouraging her to continue.

"I was wondering if I could go alone, since I'm already almost 19," she blurted out hastily.

Her mother nodded in understanding. Soo Min had expected her to vehemently deny her proposal, so her reaction was definitely not what she had expected.

"I know you've really been stressed out and all, I think you could use some time to yourself," she heard her mother say.

However, the words didn't completely register in her head until a while later. Everything seemed so unreal, that she wasn't sure if she was dreaming or not. Was her over-protective mother really letting her go on vacation...alone?

Once overcoming her initial shock, Soo Min turned into a bundle of energy. She jumped up and down, trapping her mother in a bright embrace. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much, umma!"

Kang Dae watched their exchange from the stairs. The frown on his face grew deeper and deeper once he realized that his sister (well, step sister) would be leaving. He didn't like that at all. Who would he bother for the next few weeks? His dog? No, that wouldn't do. Somehow, he needed to get her to stay. But considering that he was probably the reason why she was leaving, he knew it would be hard...

"Well, if she can't stay, then I'll just go with her...somehow," he muttered to himself.

Meanwhile, the only words rushing through Soo Min's head were:

Cheongug Island, here I come!

 

A/N: First chapter is up, how do you like it? Hope you enjoyed it~ 

And thank you to:

 

Kat10_obsessed

Lalalalala1

jessica234

thelametriangle 

 

for subscribing~

I put up the foreword, then left to take a walk since the weather was so nice today. Then when I came back to type up this chapter, I saw that I had four subscribers! :O 

I was so happy. ;-;

Thank you very much once again~