Confusion settles in

Abandoned

"What's the point of not using my real name if people already know it?!" Sun Woo threw himself onto his bed with a huff and Jung Hwan watched from the closed doorway, "I mean I want to be called Baro for a reason, I mean does Sun Woo even exist anymore without my memories of ever being called by that name? The only reason I know that name is due to a letter and we haven't even be able to find out if that letter is real or not."

"Sun Woo, calm down." Jung Hwan moved away from the door and sat on the corner of Sun Woo's bed, "If you don't remember he also somehow knows my name which means he's not normal...if it was just you we can assume he's tied to your past but how can he know my real name too?" Sun Woo looked over at Jung Hwan for a few minutes before nodding, the other boy had a point.

"What are we supposed to do then?" He sat up and looked at Jung Hwan, "Amber and Hyuna looked as suprised as we were when he said our real names so we can't ask them and learn anything about what he's hiding...it seems to be something that we should know about but we don't."

"Our lives seem to be more complicated now," Jung Hwan said with a frown, "We went from being simple street kids to people who live in a giant house searching for secrets." He looked at Sun Woo with a childish smile on his face, "I think I used to watch shows about people who lived like us with the snooping around and trying to figure out a mystery."

"Are you really comparing our lives to a old TV show?"

"Wouldn't that make everything more exciting?" Sun Woo was going to answer Jung Hwan when they heard a knock on the door. Sun Woo fell back onto his bed with a groan, mumbling something about never being left alone as Jung Hwan called for the person on the other side of the door to enter. Jung Hwan expected to see one of the many female staff employeed by the Gong family but was surprised when an unfamiliar man stood on the other side of the door. "Oh...um...hello." Sun Woo picked up his body from his bed when he realized Jung Hwan was slightly lost at the newcomer. Sun Woo looked at him with a cocked brow.

"Who are you?"

"I apologize for not coming to introduce myself earlier," The man said with a bow, "I'm Shin Dong Woo and I'm the one in charge of all the house-hold chores."

"So your the head butler?"

"In retrospect."

"Hi," Jung Hwan said happily as Sun Woo just stared at him, "Is there something you need?"

"I just came here to inform you dinner's ready."

"Is that a head butler's job," Sun Woo asked curiously before throwing himself back on the bed, "I'm not hungry, Sandeul you go ahead and eat without me."

"I take care of almost everything." Dong Woo said with a small smile, "Does that mean you'll be joining the young master alone?" He looked at Jung Hwan and he looked between his friend and the butler a few times before smiling.

"I'm not really-"

"Don't lie." Sun Woo's words had Jung Hwan turned to look at him, "You're always hungry so go ahead and eat."

"But I'm really not hungry." His stomach decided to choose that point and time to betray him as a loud growl seemed to echo throughout the huge room.

Sun Woo laughed, "Liar." He picked up his foot and, not-so-gently, kicked Jung Hwan off the bed, "Just go eat, I want to think about stuff alone for a while." The last part was said quietly but Jung Hwan heard it loud and clear. He sent one last look Sun Woo's way before following Dong Woo out the door. Once the door to his room closed Sun Woo flipped over so he was on his stomach and his mind started to race, trying to think of answers.

"Where's Baro?" Jung Hwan looked at Chan Sik with a slight tilt of his head.

"He said he wasn't hungry, why...do you want him to be here?"

"I was just wondering," Chan Sik said in a tone that made Jung Hwan think that was not the whole story, "It's just rare to see you two not joined at the hip."

"Well he did save my life seven years ago," Jung Hwan said as he took a seat and started eating, "And I was his first friend that he gained ever since he started living on the streets, so you can say we're a bit attached to each other."

"What do you know about him?" Jung Hwan looked up at Chan Sik with a cocked brow, he actually stopped eating to stare at the other male.

"Why do you want to know?"

"He seems familiar," Chan Sik said as nonchelantly as possible, "I feel like we used to know each other before."

You did. "Why would you think that he's completely different then you, up until a week ago he lived on the streets with me. How could you have known him?" Jung Hwan and Chan Sik had talked about this subject before while Sun Woo was hospitilized but he never got a straight answer for his question.

"You asked that same question last time."

"Well I never got an answer."

Chan Sik hesitated as he stared at Jung Hwan, "He reminds me of the boy I used to play with...my memory is kind of fuzzy since I was really young but there's just something about him."

"Your mother talked about that boy before didn't she? His name was...Sun Woo, right?" I'll ask without Sun Woo here, if I get anything useful out of this I'll tell him about it later.

"Yeah...I don't remember much about him other then the fact that he was very playful and liked to smile while he played pranks on unsuspecting passerbys." Chan Sik said with a small smile, "Baro is nothing like him...so I'm not really sure why he reminds me of him." Maybe because Baro and Sun Woo are one in the same.

"Didn't you say they were dead?"

"They were murdered years ago, the only thing I really remembered about it was my mother crying a lot and my father not really showing any emotions at all."

"Your father didn't cry once? I thought the families were close..."

"I'm not really sure...he probably cried when I wasn't around..." Chan Sik looked up from his food, "Enough about me, what about you? How did you end up on the streets?"

"My parents told me to wait for them and they just never came back for me...I think I was abandoned."

"Ah..." Jung Hwan stopped eating as he realized Chan Sik was hesitating just slightly, "What about...Baro?"

"That's not something you need to know." Jung Hwan turned around to see Sun Woo standing at the enterence way to the kitchen his eyes on Chan Sik, "Is it your habit to ask about other people behind their backs?"

"Fine, I'll ask you," Chan Sik said as he stared Sun Woo right in the eyes, "How did you end up on the streets."

"That's none of your business."

Chan Sik bristled at the response, "Sandeul told me his so why can't I know yours?" Sun Woo looked at Jung Hwan and their eyes met for a few seconds before Sun Woo turned his eyes back on Chan Sik.

"He obviously trusts you." Jung Hwan felt like a traitor with those simple four words, "I, on the other hand, am on the fence about whether I should trust you or not."

"Why?"

"I've met to many kids that have it all and think they have it all when they probably can't even survive on their own like I have."

"Why do you think just because we have money we're bad people?"

"Because everyone who has money, that I've met, looks down on people like me and Sandeul because we don't have any."

"We're not all like that."

"I dare you to prove me wrong."

Chan Sik just smirked, "Challenge accepted."