One

Stuck With Mr Nerves-Of-Steel

''Appa~'', I called out from the door while wiping my soaked hair out of my eyes. I saw Appa, who was sitting on the black couch and had his half-moon glasses on the bridge of his nose along with the day's newspaper in hand, look up at me at once.

 

He sighed exasperatedly seeing the state I was in.

 

I couldn't blame him either. I bet I looked horrible.

 

''What happened now, Eunjung?'', he asked as he placed his glasses and newspaper on the adjacent coffee table. ''We-ell~ According to Hyomin, I slipped on a banana peel, which was so not mine, and fell into the school fountain.'', I mumbled loud enough for him to hear as I ran my fingers through my soaked hair, trying to dry it out.

 

Appa sighed and shook his head while standing up. ''And then you went unconscious, I presume?'', he asked. I just nodded meekly, not asking how he knew that.

 

''Wait there. I'll go get a towel.'', he inquired as he walked out of the living room and out of my sight.

 

Taking out my phone out of my considerably-dry backpack, I grimaced at my own reflection when I saw how horrible I looked. 

 

My hair was stuck to my face in odd angles and my uniform was in a dam disarray. My tie was loose, my white blouse was stuck to my stomach in wet patches. I had my suit jacket slung over one shoulder and my shoes were squishy and very uncomfortable.

 

Atleast my socks are dry. 

 

Appa came back into view with my favourite baby-blue towel in hand. He took my backpack and placed it next to the door before he ordered me to squat down on my exposed knees so that he could dry my hair.

 

Yes. I let Appa dry my hair. T_T

 

''I would tell you to be careful but you never listen'', he scolded as he rubbed my hair with the towel. ''Aishh~ Appa. You're going to pull my hair out if you dry my hair this way'', I cried out when he rubbed a bit too hard.

 

When my hair was dry, he went inside and opened my bedroom window which faced the garden and told me to got through there. ''BUT, APPA!'', I had protested. He just wagged his finger and made me trudge all the way to the garden and make me climb into my own room like I was a burglar or something.

 

Typical Appa. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''You're getting too reckless, Eunjung'', Appa aid as he ate his samgyupsal. I pouted with the lettuce wrap still in my mouth, making me look like a chipmunk. ''I can't help it'', I said after swallowing.

 

Appa looked at me with a I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-you-but-I-love-you look. I just gave him a small smile and resumed my noisy eating.

 

''You get it from my side, you know. The clumsiness.'', he chuckled. I looked at him, my mouth open along with my lettuce wrap hovering literally inches away from it.

 

''You can't be serious, Appa.'', I said as I put the lettuce wrap down and shoved a reasonably large amount of rice into my mouth and chewing harshly.

 

''Nope, I'm serious.'', he said as he took a sip of his green tea.

 

''Your Umma tried her best to keep me on my feet whenever I did something clumsy. When she was with you... she depended on me. And when I saw your pouty face for the first time in the hospital, I promised that I would act less childishly and act more mature.'', he reminisced dreamily while he ruffled my combed hair.

 

''I still don't get how that affects my clumsiness, Appa.''

 

''Meeh~'', was all he said.

 

A few minutes passed by and we ate in silence after that. When our plates were cleared, we took them to the kitchen sink to wash.

 

I had already dipped my hands into the foamy water and was scrubbing Appa's plate when I heard his excited voice from the living room which he had retreated to.

 

''You got someone already?!...Okay, so when does he start?...Hmm~...Out of the military? Uwa~ Alright alright.'', was the snippets I had heard.

 

''Appa, is everything alright?'', I asked as he entered the kitchen with a small smile on his wrinkled face.

 

''Guess what, Eunjung~?'', Appa beamed. I looked at him with an expectant face.

 

''You're getting a bodyguard'', he exclaimed.

 

''A...WHAT?!'', I shrieked. The news had surprised me so much that I dropped the slippery ceramic plate and it fell into the sink with a huge bang.

 

''...A bodyguard?'', Appa said a bit taken back by my response.

 

''WHY DO I NEED ONE?!'', I threw my hands up in exasperation, spraying Appa with soapy suds. Appa looked at me with an are-you-serious look.

 

''Eunjung-'', he grabbed hold of my shoulders -''you're my only daughter. I want you safe. And it doesn't matter how many times I say it because you don't listen. I had no choice but to hire one.'', he said.

 

I pouted and looked at him.

 

''And no amount of aegyos is gonna change my decision.'', he cheerfully said as he poked my nose and bounced out of the kitchen.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''What's his name?''

 

''Lee JangWoo''

 

''Qualifications?''

 

''Eunjung. He just came from the military.''

 

''Fine. Where is he 'bodyguarding' me?''

 

''Here. At school. Guitar lessons... everywhere except for the bathroom.'', Appa answered while he chuckled heartily. ''Real funny, Appa.'', I said as I folded my arms across my chest.

 

''Is he going to be living here?''

 

''Duh. How's he supposed to bodyguard you if he's 8 miles away?''

 

''Alright alright... how old his he?''

 

''21.''

 

''Heh. He's two years older than me'', I said as I put my hand in the cookie tin and munched happily on the last cookie, the thought of bodyguards leaving my mind almost instantly.

 

''He starts tomorrow. So don't be surprised if he's standing next to you when you wake up tomorrow morning.'', Appa said gleefully.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL, HAI WOOJUNG SHIPPERZ.

Here's the oh-so-highly anticipated first chapter of the weird plot which popped into my head.

Like I said, this is my first Woojung fanfic so please bear with me. ;_;

tumblr_ma9kqeJilN1r1puuvo2_500.gif

Comment and subscribe!