Forehead

Forehead

 

Please excuse my lack of English, it isn’t my first language OTL

 


 

“Key..” Jonghyun murmured softly, he stretched his hand to swipe the pretty boy’s fringe in front of him which had grown long enough to reach the boy’s eyes, “Your hair is long already. I think you need a haircut.”

“Don’t ruin my hair,” Key hissed as he slapped Jonghyun’s hand away and smoothed his hair back to the way it was before so that his fringe fall over his forehead—and almost covered his eyes, he pouted his lips, annoyed with his lover, “Let it be. I love my hair right now.”

This time it was Jonghyun’s turn to pout his lips. It’s not like he disliked Key’s haircut. He liked it, so much—just because no matter what Key’s hairstyles, he always looked gorgeous with all of kinds he had tried so far. But, with long fringe like that, Jonghyun could feel that Key’s beautiful cat-like eyes—that Jonghyun liked so much—were hidden behind it. It’s a shame that the beautiful orbs must be hidden, right? Sometimes Jonghyun couldn’t restrain himself to not stretch his hand and brushed Key’s hair aside only to see a pair of feline eyes that so alluring.

And of course to see Key’s lovely forehead.

Jonghyun himself didn’t know why, but lately he was obsessed with the younger boy’s forehead. His lover hated it if his forehead was exposed to the world. Moreover since long time ago Lee Sooman told Key that he had very wide forehead he would likely become a successful person. Key didn’t know if it was supposed to be a compliment or else, but at that time he felt really embarrassed hence after that he always tried to hide his forehead behind his bangs. Although the rapper never directly said that he hated his forehead, but you could see from his habit that always smoothed and fixed his fringe to cover his forehead properly whenever wherever he had any chance to do it, was enough to proof that he indeed disliked that one part of his body.

Whereas according to Jonghyun, all Key had within him were perfect. His hair, his y collarbones, his slim waist, his long legs, his cute , his slender fingers, his sharp eyes, his cute little button nose, his high cheekbones, his sweet smile, his naggings, his divaish self, and including of course his wide forehead.

Jonghyun shifted from his seat and slowly approaching Key until there was almost no more distance left between them, he stretched out his hand again to swipe the younger boy’s blond bangs. And before the younger could protest, he planted a small soft kiss on his forehead. Key shut his mouth in an instant and managed to form a small smile, his eyes slowly closed, trying to enjoy the warmth radiating from Jonghyun’s lips touching his forehead. His heart beat raced, warm, contented, he felt being loved.

“Why do you have to hide this behind your fringe, heum?” Jonghyun asked after he retracted his lips, his forefinger knocked the younger’s forehead slowly, making the pretty boy frowned and pouted his lips cutely.

“Because I hate it. This..” Key pointed to his forehead, “..makes me look like a fool, an ugly one.” 

Again, Jonghyun inching his face closer towards Key until their nose tips met, this time he didn’t kiss Key’s forehead, but he kissed his pouting lips. The feline boy’s face reddened as a result of the brunette spontaneous kiss. It had been over years, their relationship. They had done numerous skinship, exchanged hugs and kisses, even they had done something—cough—way more intimate, but it’s like that Key just would never ever used to them. His heart always pounding so fast it could jump out of his ribs, he felt nervous and his hands became clammy, his cheeks reddened and felt hot every time the lead vocal gave his attention and love towards him.

“Don’t..” Jonghyun whispered softly, his lips still lightly connected with the younger ones, his warm breath ghosted over Key’s face, “Don’t ever think that this makes you look like a fool, or ugly, because you’re not. You’re perfect, Key. You’re beautiful no matter what.”

“But—.”

“Ssshh..” Jonghyun put his forefinger on the latter’s lips, he grabbed the younger wrist and dragged him to the bathroom. Jonghyun turned Key’s lithe body facing the mirror in front of them which covered one side of the bathroom walls, “Look..”

Jonghyun brushed Key’s fringe aside so that they could see his forehead, eyebrows, and his eyes clearly.

“Look carefully,” Jonghyun said as he starting to trace his fingers alongside Key’s smooth and flawless forehead. Next he brought his fingers to trace Key’s thick, well-shaped eyebrows, and finally he brushed the outer corner of Key’s feline eyes, “You’re perfect, Key. You should’ve realized it, you have to show this beauty to the people out there, don’t hide it. It’s such a shame you always hide this beauty from the world.”

Key was silent for a moment, he blinked his eyes a few times to get rid the tears that somehow found a way to pool around his eyes, and he stared into Jonghyun’s deep hazel eyes through the mirror in front of him. His lips curved upwards, it made Jonghyun smiled—because he found Key was more amazing when that cute shy smile grazing his pink lips.

“Thank you..” Key whispered softly, his eyes never left Jongyun’s reflection in the mirror. Jonghyun responded with encircling his strong arms around Key’s stomach and buried his face into the latter’s shoulder, his lips moved slightly to give his lover’s neck a ton of butterfly kisses.

 

--

 

“I think you should get a new hairstyle,” Raeyeon—one of SHINee’s hairstylist noonas—said when she styled Jonghyun’s brunette hair, “Look, the back part has already grown this long. How if I shortened it to make it looks neat?”

“Alright. Lately I also easily feel hot,” Jonghyun agreed. Raeyeon started to trim the lead vocal’s back hair, and slightly cut his bangs.

“So, how is it?” the noona asked after she had finished styling the singer’s hair.

“You know me so well, noona. Thanks,” Jonghyun gave her thumbs up and it made Raeyeon smiling proudly.

“Noona!” Raeyeon and Jonghyun turned their heads to the direction of Key who had been sitting not so far from them, observing them in silence. The rapper stood up from his seat and grabbed Raeyeon’s arm and dragged her away from Jonghyun to the corner of their waiting room.

“Yes, Key?” the hairstylist asked, sending Key a confused look.

“Eum, could you do something for me?” Key begged.

“What is it? Spill,” again, Raeyeon asked. The rapper moved closer to her and whispered something to her ear, her eyes rounded after hearing what Key had said, she stared at Key with both of her eyebrows raised, “That’s unusual. You sure?”

“Hm,” Key nodded his head eagerly, “I want to try something new.”

“Alright, whatever pleased you. At least this time you don’t ask for something extreme like how you did on your Lucifer era.”

 

--

 

“You guys may come in now,” Raeyeon opened the door of SHINee’s waiting room, letting all members—minus Key—whom she ushered to wait outside before to come inside the room. When all of them entered that room, she shouted ‘Tadaa~’ excitedly while showing off her ‘latest work’.

The four SHINee’s members gaped at what they saw. Jonghyun stood still, his big round eyes not blinking even once as he stared at the beauty which stood idly before him in the middle of their waiting room.

“Key?” Jonghyun took some steps forward, approaching Key who just stood awkwardly with head hanging low in embarrassment.

“What do you think?” the slightly taller boy asked hesitantly, his right hand tapping his now very short hair. All part of his blond hair was removed so now it’s only his black brownish hair which was remained, his long fringe which was almost covering his eyes was now shortened drastically, almost none of his face parts covered with it. Also not escaping from Jonghyun’s observation that his lover’s cheeks were now looked a bit chubby with that short haircut, it made him look fresh and young.

“Key..” the lead vocal mumbled slightly, bringing his left hand to brush Key’s short hair carefully, his fingers grazed over his forehead which now was hidden no more, and he stopped at his flushing cheek. A wide smile cracked over the older boy’s lips, he felt like falling in love all over again with his boyfriend, “I like it. You look.. mindblowingly awesome.”

“Jjong, jjinjja!” the younger rolled his eyes at hearing Jonghyun quoted his rap part from Exo’s Two Moons. Nevertheless, he couldn’t prevent his lips to curve upwards forming a tiny smile.

“NOONA! WE ALSO WANT A NEW HAIRCUT!” Onew, Taemin, and Minho shouted at the same time. Jonghyun and Key glanced at each other, then erupted in giggles seeing their bandmates’ childish behavior.

 

--

 

That night, Jonghyun and Key watched television in their dorm’s living room after all five of them attended some event. Three of them had been sleeping right away after they stepped inside their bedroom. Key laid his body over the couch and put his head on Jonghyun’s lap, the handsome boy throw his right hand over the younger’s middle, while he used his left one to gently comb his lover’s now short hair. Their eyes directed towards television which showing some rerun of a reality show.

“Jjong?” the younger called, breaking the comfortable silence that lingered between them before. Jonghyun looked down and he found Key was looking intensely at him. Jonghyun felt that his breath caught in his throat for awhile because Key’s looked breathtakingly handsome yet beautiful at that moment.

“Hm? What is it, Kibommie?” Jonghyun asked lovingly using his husky and soft voice, backhand moving ever so slowly to the younger’s cheek.

“This..” Key touched his short fringe, “It doesn’t look weird on me, does it?”

“Geez!” Jonghyun removed Key’s hand from his hair and stared deeply into his lover’s chocolate brown eyes, “Listen to me, Kibum. If you look weird, it’s impossible for Onew, Taemin, and Minho to ask Raeyeon noona to give them haircut too—though their haircuts different from yours—after seeing you. And didn’t you hear the fans almost go crazy when you appeared with this new haircut? They looked enthusiastic, and very pleased with your new appearance.”

“Jjinjja?”

“Hm,” Jonghyun nodded, he lowered his head until his face was right above Key’s, from that very short distance he could see Key’s crystal clear eyes, so enchanting, so beautiful, a pair of eyes that had a capability to melt his heart, “Besides, I can do this freely now without having to brush your hair aside first.”

Jonghyun touched Key’s forehead using his soft lips.

“I like it when I kiss your forehead, I like how soft and warm it feels on my lips. And you look so cute, adorable, and of course you look so y too when you show it like this,” Jongyun Key’s forehead affectionately, he proceeded to gently graze the younger’s side face, his finger stopped in the rapper’s chin and slightly pull it forward, “I love you, baby.. so much.”

Jonghyun lowered his head and started kissing the younger’s lips. He moved his lips against Key’s softly, sipping the likely endless sweet honey that emanating from his lover’s heart shaped lips. His chest tightened in a comforting way that only Key could do it when he felt the latter’s lips forming a smile, and then starting to respond his kiss. Key hugged Jonghyun’s neck and pulled him closer to deepen their sweet soon to be passionate kiss.

“I love you, too.. hh..” Key replied a little out of breath when they separated their lips because they had to stop for a moment to catch their breath, to fill their lungs with oxygen.

Jonghyun smiled, Key smiled, and then once again they reunited their lips into a passionate, deep, and full-of-love kind of kiss.

 


 

Thank you for reading >__<
And of course, comments won't hurt :)