Oh!

Oh! [One-Shot]

Oh!

She walks elegantly on the runway lane. She is wearing dark purple gown with thick make up on her face. She looks confident the way she walks as she shows off the clothes on her.

Her long, brown hair is letting loose; showing her mature face.

The click sound of her heel making everyone at the sit focusing on her from begin until the end.

As she spins around to walk to the backstage, she makes an eye contact with one of the audiences. He is mesmerized with her and yet, his cold, poker face hides the nervousness in him as she looks straight at him.

She forms a smile on her face before finishes off her walk with a wink at the audiences.

In the model world, she’s known as Seohyun.

******************

“So, how’s the fashion show, Kris?” Jessica approaches him after the show ended. She’s wearing floral gown on knee-length and her blonde hair is tied like a ponytail.

Kris who is wearing white T-shirt and dark blue jeans; smirk.

“Not bad. No wonder people praises you as the future fashion designer who is claiming place all over the world.”

Jessica laughs as she closes with her right hand. “You’re witty, Kris. Let’s have a lunch together.”

“As long as you’re buying.”

“Oh, fine!”

“Sica, who is the model that wearing dark purple gown before Yoona’s turn?”

Jessica is in thinking mode. ‘Dark purple gown?’

“Ah, her! Seohyun if I’m not mistaken. She’s only my part-time model. Why are you asking? Is she making any mistakes?”

“Of course not. I was just wondering.”

“Really? That’s very rare of you for asking me about my models.”

“It’s really nothing.”

Seohyun, huh? I wonder how she would looks like without thick make up on her face?’

********************

A girl who is wearing big glasses while holding a few books in her embrace, accidentally knocking off Kris in the middle of school hallway. She quickly gets down to get the scatter books.

Kris can’t help himself but to help her as he tries to make eye contact with her.

She looks up and stares at his eyes before turn her sight away.

Kris smirks. “Is that it?”

“Ye – yes. Sorry for stumbles into you. I was in hurry.” She’s stuttering with her words before walks away from him.

He can’t even reply back when she’s already a head off him. A smile never leaves his face. “I thought I have seen those eyes before.”

******************

The same girl keeps raising her hand to answer the question that stated on the whiteboard. Everyone is groaning as they keep turning their head to see the same person answers.

“Sodium chloride, sir.” A soft voice yet stern is coming out from .

“Correct, Miss JuHyun.”

Kris who is one of the students keeps staring at her with admiration. “She’s smart.”

He decides to ask her help regarding the upcoming exams and he doesn’t want to fail this time. What worse than that when your parents threatened you to send him at his uncle’s hose where there is no television, friends and girls. Yes, girls!

She was tidying her table when she senses a person is standing in front of her.

She looks up and found Kris is smiling at her.

“What is it?” She asked; didn’t impress with his smile.

Weird. She didn’t fall into my charms?

“You’re JuHyun, right?”

“Yes.”

“I’m Kris.” He said as he extends his hand to shook her hand, which she hesitates at first before shook back his hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

“So, JuHyun, are you free this evening?”

“Why?”

“I want to ask you to be my tutor as the exam is around the corner. I want to ask someone else but you know what kind of circumstances I’m having right now, right?”

“Yes. You’re popular guy and every girls except me has fallen for you. Let’s start the tutor next week since I’m currently busy with something this week. How’s that?”

Kris gives a thought for a while before nods. “Must you press ‘except you’ on the line? Okay. So, how should I contact you?”

He was getting ready with his phone out when she gets up and getting ready to walk out.

“Let’s just meet at school.” Seohyun replies before walks away; leaving Kris dumbfound.

He looks at her until she loses from his sight. “Damn! I was just getting this close to get her number.”

***************************

“JuHyun?” Jessica is sipping her strawberry milk shake. They are having lunch at café near her workplace. Kris is more like her little brother since they’re sharing the same personality.

When the Ice Princess meet with Ice Prince.

“Yes, JuHyun. I really don’t know what’s her full name but everyone called her that way.”

Jessica laughs. “Hey, what did she do to you, huh?”

“I don’t know, sis’. What I know is she’s different from other girls at the school. Just now she said every girls except her fallen for me. Must she include ‘except’?” Kris sighs.

“That’s a witty remark. Kris, have you fallen in love for the first sight?”

“Of course not. She’s just a plain girl with thick glasses and carrying books around. I already had my eyes on one of your models.”

“Seohyun?”

Kris nods. “Is she busy? Does you have her phone number?”

Jessica shots him a glare. “I don’t know and even I know her number, I wouldn’t give it to you. You’re going to ruin my model’s life!”

“Hey, I never had done that far enough! I still know the innocence of girls.”

“What’s so special about Seohyun in your eyes? I only see her as a hardworking and charismatic model.”

“Her eyes, sis’. Those deep, longing eyes.”

Jessica burst out laughing even more. “You with your cheesy lines!”

**********************

“So, can you answer this question?” JuHyun looks at him after explaining how chemical reacts.

Kris looks blur for a while before his lower lips. “Let me try to answer first.”

She smiles before erasing the answers she wrote and gives him a question with blank answers space provided. “I’ll be right back. Do you want to drink anything?”

“Hot chocolate, please.” Kris replies without looking up.

“Okay.” She walks away as Kris is trying hard to answer the questions.

Kris put the pencil at the side of his ears while making blur face. “Tough than I thought.”

After a few minutes, JuHyun comes back with 2 cup of hot chocolate. She approaches him with a playful grin when Kris is letting out a long sigh.

“Can’t answer that?”

Kris is startled with JuHyun’s voice. He looks at her with pity look.

“How can you answer this kind of question? I rather calculate thousands of number instead of answers theory type of question.”

“Hey, are you looking down at me! You’re just have to read the book, understand the definition and I’m sure you can answer the question.” JuHyun replies while sipping her hot chocolate.

He stares at her with unbelievable look. “I will try but if not working, I would blame on you for my fail in Chemistry.”

“I-DO-NOT-CARE.” She looks back before letting out evil laugh.

Kris hissed. “Geez. Hey, aren’t you even trying to put a make up on your face? Because it’s very rare for me to see you in make up or at least compact powder.”

JuHyun is startled with his sudden remark. She shook off with laugh. “What are you talking about? Make up is not in my dictionary so I don’t want to trouble myself in attracting the boys to look at me.”

Kris smirks. “Like me?”

JuHyun quickly hides her nervousness under her poker face. “NO.”

Kris frowns. “You’re mean.”

“So, what if I am? Jealous about that?”

“What the? Argh, I’m going to late for the meeting with Jessica. I will see you tomorrow, then?”

“Okay.”

“Don’t you want to ask who is Jessica?” He teases her.

She mutters under her breath. “I already know who she is.”

“Don’t want to know. Just go!” JuHyun grabs her pencil case and her files before answering the ringing phone.

Kris only looks at her with curious look. “Sometimes her attitude really makes me wonder.”

************************

Seohyun who is already in make over state, approaches the two persons who is laughing over something they’re chatting about.

“Sica, what’s the reason for you to meet me?” Seohyun asks.

Jessica turns her attention at her before broke into a smile. “Seohyun-ah, meet my little brother, Kris. He’s not my real brother anyway.”

Kris is sheepishly smiles. ‘I can’t believe the model that I like before is standing in front of me.’

“H – hi.” He extends his hand to shook her hand but instead of shook back, she’s bowing at him with respect.

Kris is bowing at her back with embarrassment. She looks at him with a smirk.

“You may come from States but here in Korea, bowing is part of tradition in greeting people.” Seohyun says while Jessica hides her laugh with smile.

“Ye – yes. Sorry about that.”

“So, that’s it? You already know my name so I can go now?”

Kris is gasps. ‘That’s it? Man, she’s cold!’

“Yes, Seohyun. You can go now. Try to have fun at the runway and I will join you later.” Jessica waves at her as she waves back before lose in the midst of crowds.

Kris looks at her. “Sica, she’s cold.”

“Of course. Just like me.”

“She is way more cold than JuHyun. At least, JuHyun knew how to create conversation between us but her, she’s just walk away like pretending nothing happen.”

Jessica can only smile. “I got to go. Hey, you already see her in make up state right?”

Kris is blurs. “You mean, Seohyun? Yes. How about it?”

“How about you ask JuHyun tomorrow? She might have something to tell you.”

“JuHyun? Does she know Seohyun?”

Jessica only smiles before walks away; leaving Kris even more blurs.

“Oh, this is more weird!” Kris mumbles before goes back to his seat to see the runway.

***************************

JuHyun was listening to her headphone when Kris gently pats her back. She looks at him with curious look. “I thought our tutor is already over.”

“Jessica asked me to ask you whether you know Seohyun?”

JuHyun was startled a bit with his sudden question. “Maybe.”

“Can you tell me is she really cold? I mean on the runway, she’s very charismatic and confident in her walk but when I met her face to face, she’s really cold. Way more colder than you.” Kris complaints.

JuHyun is chuckles. “Is she?”

“Yes, she is.”

“Kris, what if I say that I promise you something way back then?” JuHyun said.

“Promise? Have we ever met before?”

“Does you remember the little girl who is always tied her hair in ponytail and had braces on her teeth?”

Kris reminisced back his past. ‘The little girl? Oh, yes! I used to make fun of her because she confessed to me that she likes me.’

 “Yes, I do remember her! I mean, I dare her to learn make up first before confessed to me. Is – is it you?”

She inhales a deep breath before saying out loud. “Ye – yes. I – I mean I lo – love you!”

Kris is even more surprised. ‘She loves me?’

“Seohyun is my stage name. My full name is Seo JuHyun. For your information, Jessica is my childhood friend. She’s the one who taught me to apply make up and be confident in runway. I really do like you back then and I don’t want to waste my chance to confess you once again since you’re the first boy I ever like in my entire life.”

“Seohyun and you are the same person?”

“Yes. I’m sorry for lying at you. I just want to impress you and maybe I successful did it when Jessica told me that you like Seohyun. That does why I gave you cold-shoulder back then.”

Kris is laughing embarrassment. ‘I deserved that kind of punishment. I mean, she’s waited for me this long. I can’t believe it.’

“Kris?”

He looks up and stares at her eyes. “Have she ever told you that your eyes is giving deep, longing feeling?” He said in seductive tone.

She swallows her own saliva. “No.”

“Can you please, tell me those 3 words again?” He slowly closes the distance between their faces.

“I – I love you?”

“I love you too.” He kisses her softly.