IT'S ME

I would have said it

 

It’s already 10:00pm and the light in Kim’s room is still on. A year ago, I would have looked up and see her room pitch black since she works during night time and Saturday’s her only day-off.

 

From what I heard, it’s still the same for her these days…except for today since she’s waiting for someone.

 

Me.

 

“Hey Hyung…are you sure you’re fine with this?” I looked at Sandeul who was sitting on top of the monkey bars. I just smiled and returned my gaze at her window.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She’ll hate you ya’know.”

 

“She’ll understand…” I could clearly see her window from the swing where I sat. “That’s how she is.”

 

He grunted and gave me a ‘whatever-you-say’ shrug.

 

Half an hour passed.

 

She’s still awake.

 

It’s almost eleven.

 

“Why won’t you come to her?” Sandeul started again. “Don’t you miss her?”

 

“I do.” I sighed, “…but if I see her now, I’ll have to tell her things I never had the chance to tell her before.”

 

“What’s wrong with that?”

 

“She’ll hate me.”

 

“How can you be sure?”

 

“That’s how she is.”

 

I looked back at the monkey bars when I heard a low thud and saw our idiot-of-a-vocalist lying on the ground laughing.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“Shinwoo-hyung,” he stopped laughing and slowly sat up, “you’re so cute.”

 

“I didn’t know you’re into guys.”

 

Pabo…” He was still chuckling low as he dusted the dirt off his shirt. “What I’m trying to say is, you’re such a coward when it comes to yourself.”

 

I felt a nerve in my forehead twitch.

 

“You’re scared of rejection and you’re scared of losing that cool oppa image of yours when you’re around her.” Suddenly, his face turned serious, “But don’t you think you’re being unfair?”

 

“What?”

 

“She’s up there waiting for you and you’re down here spoiling your ego. Why don’t you try trusting her lenience and tell her how you feel?”

 

I sat frozen in place as my wits absorbed his words. Before I knew it, I found myself standing up and slowly starting on my way up to her apartment.

 

But when I looked up to her window again, the lights were already off.

 

I sped up and started to run, not even stopping to see if Sandeul followed me.

 

It’s been more than a year and I already forgot that the distance from the playground to her place was farther than it looked and it took me a good three minutes of non-stop running to finally reach the building and another minute to get to her unit.

 

I stop right in front of her doorstep, my heart pounding against my chest.

 

I knocked.

 

No answer.

 

I tried again.

 

Still nothing.

 

I stood there for a few minutes before giving up with a sigh.

 

I turned and started to leave.

 

**creak**

 

I looked back at the sound of her door opening up. There she stood, bed head and all. She wasn't paying attention to me as she was busy rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

 

"What the heck, man...It's late ya'kn---" she froze when she finally recognized me. "Shinwoo?"

 

“Yeah.” I felt my heart swell,

 

“It’s me.”


 

A/N: Stupid update...sorry. ;~;