Chapter 3

Big, Big Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The so-called dining-room was a big room with a very long dining table and a piano on one side and sofas and a flatscreen TV on the other side. There was a door which led to the large balcony. The dining table had about 20 seats from which 15 seats were already occupied. A old man in his 70's was sitting on one end of the table and next to him was an equally old woman. The woman was smiling and her eyes showed that she was a warm-hearted person. This was the total opposite of the look in the eyes of the man:

his eyes were cold and showed strictness. Like he wouldn't accept anybody going against his words. If it was somebody else looking into those eyes they would have ran away, afraid for their lifes. But this was Amy and Niel. Amy had grown up seeing much worse expressions than this one on this old man's face. She had nothing to be afraid of. And if she wasn't scared, Niel wouldn't be either.

 

On the other end of the table sat their father Jung-Hwa who probably was in his late 40's or early 50's. He had a welcoming smile on his lips and he must have been very handsome when he was younger, but he was attractive even now. The woman next to him, their step-mother Hwa-Young, was pretty, but her eyes showed how uncomfortable it was for her to be sitting there in that moment. And the two newcomers knew why: She had been the one to get rid of them and their mother only shortly after they were born. She had sent them to the States in secret and told the rumour that the yhad died – all three of them.

 

There were three kids sitting next to Hwa-Young, the 5 year old Ji-Hoo smiling sweetly and the 8 year old Ji-Min and the 12 year old Seo-Hyun were watching them with small smiles. 20 year old Karam gave them a sweet smile, just like Ji-Hoo. Young-Soo (17), Man-Young (15) who was sitting sitting opposite Young-Soo, Yong-Hwa (19), Min-Hyuk (18), Chung-Ae (17), Suzy(19) and Sulli (16) just looked disinterested. Two seats next to their father's mother and three seats opposite her were unoccupied.

 

Jung-Hwa stood up as soon as Amy and Niel bowed in front of them. „ Hello, it's nice to meet y-“ Daniel tried to say, but was interrupted by Jung-Hwa who had crossed the space between them and hugged both of them at the same time, crushing them together.

 

„We are sooo happy to finally have you home! You must be Daniel! Omo!! You're so handsome, you must be coming after me! And you are Amy?! You're really pretty!“

 

When he let go of them the twins quickly collected themselves again. Niel only stuttered a short „Thanks.“ and they sat down across their new grandmother, Amy sitting next to their grandfather, while Jung-Hwa moved back to his seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter