Lies

When Show Melts, What Does It Become?

“Kyuhyun!?” Sungmin rushed over to the fallen man. He slammed their movie snacks on the table and tried to pick him up. Kyuhyun just stared in shock at his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend. “Kyuhyun get up!!” Sungmin pleaded. “You’re making a scene!” He whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear. But Kyuhyun didn’t hear him. Sungmin struggled but was finally able to pull him up. He quickly pulled out his cell phone.

“Siwon-ah? I need you to come to the movie theater down the street.” He paused.” Yes, now!” Sungmin demanded. “Thank you. I will explain at home. Bye.” He sighed heavily and wrapped his arm around Kyuhyun’s shoulder, who was still oblivious to the whole situation. Sungmin helped him walk out of the theater and to the street curb, leaving their food and tickets behind. Siwon showed up in his car almost immediately, and they both worked to shove Kyuhyun into the backseat. Sungmin sat down next to him and gripped his hand tightly.

“Kyuhyun-ah? What’s wrong?” Sungmin whispered shakily. “You’re not hurt are you? Please tell me what’s going on.” Kyuhyun just shook his head and tears started to roll down his pale cheeks. Sungmin let go of his hand and wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck. He rubbed his back and rocked him gently. “I don’t know what happened in there, but I’m sorry that it did. I’m so sorry.” He soothed him. The car pulled into the dorm parking lot.

“Don’t be…” Kyuhyun said, barely audible. He got out of the car and walked up to the dorm wiping his face.

“What happened?” Siwon asked Sungmin quietly.

“I honestly don’t know.” He replied. “He just dropped to his knees suddenly. He wouldn’t say why.”

“Oh.” Siwon sounded puzzled.

“Yeah. I think he was staring at something. But I can’t be sure. I will ask him later.”

“Okay. That’s weird. I hope everything’s going to be alright.”

“I hope so too…” Sungmin said as they entered the dorm.

Kyuhyun instantly went to their room and locked the door. Hurt filled sobs could be heard from inside. Sungmin sat in front of the door hugging his knees to his chest waiting for him to come out, shedding tears of empathy for Kyuhyun’s unknown pain.

 

Sungmin awoke to a feeling of falling backwards. He was stunned at first, but then settled at the sight of Kyuhyun.

 “Kyuhyun-ah.” He rubbed his sleepy eyes. “You’re coming out?” Kyuhyun just looked at him with teary eyes and sprinted out of the dorm. “Where are you going!?” Sungmin inquired. But the door already slammed shut before he could get an answer. Sungmin jumped up and sprinted down the hall.

“Hyung? What are you doing?” Donghae asked him from the kitchen.

“Kyuhyun left! I have to go!” Sungmin rushed to thrown on his shoes and jacket.

“It’s getting late… Be careful Sungmin hyung.”

 

Sungmin raced down the road to catch up to Kyuhyun. He could barely see the figure running in the distance. The cold air burned his throat as he ran, but he pushed through. He threw out quick ‘excuse me’s as he dodged the pedestrians on the sidewalk.

“…” Sungmin cursed when he couldn’t see Kyuhyun anymore. He rushed up to the next intersection and approached a person standing near a street light.

“Have you seen-” He in a gulp of air. “A guy running by here?” The stranger pointed to the right.

“Down that way.”

“Thank you sir.” Sungmin bowed his head and ran off. He picked up his pace and soon he could see Kyuhyun once again, and now he was only about a hundred feet away. Thank god. He thought to himself.

Sungmin chased Kyuhyun for a few more minutes until he saw him go up to a small house and knock on the door. Sungmin quickly ducked behind a few bushes just out of earshot from the scene. He sat quietly and saw a girl emerge from inside the house. Kyuhyun and the girl exchanged a few words for a few moments, and then he tried to pull her into a hug. But she swiftly pushed him away and slapped him firmly on the cheek. Sungmin flinched and watched as Kyuhyun fell to his knees and threw his head into his hands.

“WHY?” Kyuhyun screamed in agony. He crawled up to the girl’s feet and reached up for her hand. She pushed him away again and backed into a man’s embrace. He wrapped his arms around her protectively, making Kyuhyun cry out louder. The man kicked him hard in the chin to shut him up. Kyuhyun’s whole body flew back and fell on the sidewalk, and he curled up into a helpless ball.

Sungmin tried to move from his spot to go and help Kyuhyun, but he was too afraid to do it. His legs wouldn’t move. He felt so worried and fearful. If he didn’t do something soon, what would happen to Kyuhyun? Then the girl said something inaudible, and Kyuhyun hesitantly got up. Even from far away, you could see his legs shaking, just barely holding his body up.

And unexpectedly out of instinct, Sungmin’s legs forced him to sneak up to get closer to the scene. But then he could hear the girl start to talk, and he cowered away again. Though this time, he could make out the words.

“Cho Kyuhyun. Get out of my life.” The girl snapped, still in the guy’s arms. “You are nothing to me, and you never were.”

“But, I thought you-” Kyuhyun muttered, tears clogging up his throat.

“Thought I what?” She scoffed. “Did you think I LOVED YOU? Pfffff!” Kyuhyun whimpered. “That year that you lived with me was the worst of my life! I only let you stay because I PITIED you. I only pretended to love you because I was TOLD to!!” Her words crushed Kyuhyun’s heart with every syllable. He broke out into hysterical tears and clutched his chest.

“You’ve disgusted me from the moment I met you. In my eyes you have always been a good for nothing, lazy, low life piece of . Everything that you did make me hate you more. I couldn’t wait to get rid of you. And after that long painful year, I finally cracked and I couldn’t put up with you anymore. I can’t believe I even agreed to it in the first place. Looking back on everything, it was the worst mistake I ever made.”

Now Sungmin had started to tear up too. He couldn’t believe that this girl could speak such vile words. He wanted to run up and punch her in the mouth, and shut her up for good. But of course, that was just not possible.

“Learn to know when you are not wanted, idiot! Do you understand?!?” Kyuhyun nodded a shaky yes.

“Good. Now get out of my sight! No! Get out of my LIFE!! Good bye forever, worthless Cho Kyuhyun!!” Then she pulled her man inside and slammed the door.

Kyuhyun teetered on his feet, not able to take the pain any longer. Every word she said stabbed Kyuhyun in the heart like a blade. His legs gave out, and he fell forwards, landing on the hard concrete walkway. He clawed at the ground and cried in agony. His wails and sobs echoed through the streets, haunting every being who heard them.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again. Im sorry for a two week wait. :(

But! Thank you to everyone else who has read my story! ^ ^ And to EmyksisMarthibella, KiwiCutie, fishy17, sarapark, and blazensaddles, who have recently subscribed. :)  I appreciate it soo much.

Remember to comment, subscribe if you havent already, and maybe show the story to some friends? Hehe, that would be the greatest thing ever.  And also, how about take the time to click on the arrow next to the title? ^ ^ Upvote me to get featured! That would seriously make my year. <3 Thanks again!