The Reason

It can't be..

 

It was a fine, sunny, typical Saturday for Taemin and Suyeon. The weather was nice, the flower's aroma smelled in the air, and the wind hit them like feathers tickling their noses, it could be called a perfect Saturday. Suyeon expected a nice, perfect day ahead, of course, not including the loud noise coming from her parents' arguments. Taemin, too, expected a nice day ahead. By means of 'nice day', they meant, no accidents, arguments and such negative things at all.

 

It was summer 2012 in Korea. Yeah, it was. You could see kids playing in the playground of the park, couples walking while holding hands in the sidewalk, people walking their dogs, etc. And in this, typical, normal Saturday it all happened.

 

SUYEON'S POV

I turned off my alarm clock as it rang for the third time this morning. Gahh. I always forget to turn off my alarm clock because I thought there were classes the next day. I guess I'm still not used to summer. I went back to my bed because I wanted to sleep longer. But just as when I was walking on the way to my date with the bed, my phone suddenly rang. The loud noise hurted my ears. Ughhh. I picked it up and..

"Yoboseyo? Taemin-ah?" - Me.

"Goooodmoooorniiing, Suyeon-aaah! Rise and shine!" - Taemin.

"Uggh. It's like *looks to the clock* 8 am in the morning! Let me sleep for an hour then I'll call you when I wake up. Bye." I hang up fast so that he'll not say another word.

Okay, time to continue my sleep~~

 

TAEMIN'S POV

Oh, perfect timing! She is still sleeping! I got more time to arrange my plan of confessing to her.

Yes, I like her. Since the day I met her, my eyes were glued to her. Yes, it was love at first sight. I didn't believe it at first, but when I met her, I believed in that saying. Well, who couldn't be in love with that lady? Pretty face, Cheerful attitude, a really good friend, cares about the one she loves. Every guy would like to date that kind of lady! I'm still surprised that she doesn't have a boyfriend. But, soon, I will be her boyfriend. Well, I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to our usual hang out place, the park. I went to the place where the tables and chairs were placed, where usually people would have their picnic. I brought with me, a table mat, some plates and eating utensils, and her favorite sandwich and juice. Yeah, I know. I'm not good at preparing stuff. Specially when it comes to confessing something. But this is the least I can do.

I dressed casually, nothing too special; A grey v-neck shirt, skinny pants and my white sneakers. I also brought my shades with me since it was sunny. I checked my wristwatch, 8:40am. 20 minutes. Enough time to buy her flowers. I walked to the nearest flower shop.

"Good Morning, sir! What kind of flowers are you looking for?" the flowershop worker told me.

" Umm.." *what is her favorite flower...? Roses? Yeah, roses!* "Do you have roses?" - Me.

"Well, ofcourse sir! What are you looking for? A boquet?" She asked me.

"A boquet would be nice. Do you have one that has all 3 kinds of colors? Pink, red and white?" - Me.

"Let me check, sir." She said. She went to the 'Roses' section and looked for the specific boquet.

She came back with a rose boquet. "Is this okay, sir?" she said.

'Perfect." I said while smiling. I paid for the flowers and went back to the park.

5 minutes till 9 am. She should call any minute now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After 10 minutes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ring ring ring*

I picked up my phone..

'Yoboseyo?" - me.

"Taemin-ah! I'm awake already! So, why did you wake me up so early in the morning?" - Suyeon.

"Oh, you know, I was kinda bored and yeah.." - Me.

"Ha ha ha. Tell me the real reason, mushroom." - Suyeon.

"Okay, fine. Go to the park, ASAP. Wear something.. nice. Okay? Go to the picnic area. Bye." - Me. I hang up the phone fast. yes, I was nervous. I hope my plan wouldn't fail. But most of all, I wish to get a yes.

A few minutes later, my phone rang again.

"Yoboseyo?" - Me.

"Taemin-ah, can you pick me up? My parents won't let me out alone. They need to see that I have somebody with me. Please?" - Suyeon.

"Umm, okay sure. Wait for.. 3 minutes."

"Yay! Taemin, your the bestest bestest friend ever! Bye!" - Suyeon.

I left all the things there and started walking to her house. Ugh, my plan.. My plan is ruined. I don't feel good about this.. As I was almost near her house, I texted her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: Suyeonnie :)

Suyeon ah! I'm almost near your house. Please wait for me outside~~ Gomawo~~ ^______^

From: Taeminnie :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: Taeminnie :)

Oh, okay. Sure :D but please hurry up. My parents are kinda mad right now. Hahahaah

From: Suyeonnie :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked more fast than before, when i was near her house, I saw her waving at me. That made me excited. I ran to her. Not noticing everything around me, because of her. Right now, all I see is her. Maybe because I was too excited of the confession. Then, i was crossing the street, still running..

"TAEMIN-AH!!!!!!" I heard Suyeon said while pointing her hands to somewhere. Why did she yell out my name while pointing out her hands? My gaze followed to where her finger was pointing, then.. THUMP. Everything was black.

 

SUYEON'S POV

"TAEMIN-AH!!!!!!" I said on the top of my lungs. Then, I pointed on the car that was heading toward Taemin. But it was all too late. The car hit Taemin. I ran as fast as I could.

"Taemin-ah! Taemin-ah! Yah! Wake up! Taemin-ah~ Please don't leave me.. Taemin-ah..." I said while shaking his body.

There was a huge crowd forming. The car owner ran away. UGH. "YAH! SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE JUST STANDING!?! SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE! MY BESTFRIEND IS IN DANGER!!!" I shouted while tears were streaming on my face. Then I continued calling Taemin, hoping that he'll wake up. But no signs of it were showing. I looked at him clearly.Blood was all over his body. I cried louder because I'm thinking that he will not survive. But, I, will never lose hope.

A fer minutes later, the ambulance arrived. They carried Taemin inside it, and I went inside too. As we arrived at the hospital, they rushed him to the Emergency Room. They told me not to enter and just wait outside. And so i did. I waited outside for a long time. Then one nurse talked to me.

"Goodmorning. Are you Lee Taemin's girlfriend?" - Nurse.

"Umm, no. I'm his bestfriend." - Me.

"Oh. By any chance, can you contact his parents?"- Nurse.

"Oh. I'm sorry but his parents are not with him anymore. His mother is no where to be seen and his father passed away a few years ago. So he lives by himself." - Me.

"How about any of his relatives?"- Nurse.

"I do know his aunt's number.." - Me.

"Please dial it in the phone, ma'am." - Nurse.

"Okay.." - Me.

I dialed the number of his aunt. I gave the phone to the nurse. She talked to her about things. I didn't hear all of it. 30 minutes later, his aunt came to the hospital. They talked about Taemin and stuff that I'm not allowed to hear. After that, his aunt sat beside me and said,

"Hi, Suyeon-ah. Long time no see."- Aunt Lee.

"Oh, Hi, Ms. Lee.. How is Taemin?" - Me.

"*Sigh*.. They said that his life is 50:50. He will go under a surgery. If it succeeds, he'll survive. If it doesn't.. Well.. you know.." She said while crying a bit. The moment I heard that, my eyes burst out tears. I cried loudly like a lost 5 year old kid, like a hopeless little girl. Ms. Lee let me cry in her shoulder.

I cried loudly, then a circle of thoughts went inside my head..

WHY? WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?

TAEMIN-AH, PLEASE SURVIVE. YOU CAN DO IT. I KNOW YOU CAN.

THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! I SHOULD'NT HAVE LET HIM PICK ME UP.

WHAT IF HE.. PASSES AWAY? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME?

WHY DIDN'T I CONFESS HIM MY TRUE FEELING WHILE HE WAS OKAY? SUYEON-AH, YOU ARE SUCH A PABO!

The surgery lasted for hours. When it finally ended, the doctor came to us to say the results.

"Ms. Lee, Ms. Kim..

 

I'm very sad to say but.. the surgery failed. We did the best that we can do. but I am afraid that it was too late. I'm so sorry."

 

WHY. WHY DID THIS HAPPENED TO ME? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? TAEMIN, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME. I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU. PLEASE COME BACK HERE. I NEED YOU. I WISH THIS WAS JUST A DREAM..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~☺♥☺~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Updated my fic ^^ I hope you like it. And again, sorry if there's grammar mistakes. English is not my first language :) anyways..

 

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBES ARE LOVED ♥