~I will carry you through it all

You belong here, in my arms...

 

                                             

                                                         

 

 

 

 




 

The night was passing as the moon’s brightness was gradually decreasing. It was almost four in the morning. The TV screen was blank, but the room’s lights were still on. You were still asleep until you heard something crash. You jumped in panic and felt your eyes burning. But why wouldn’t they, as you cried so much that you didn’t even realize when you had fallen into the world of dreams. Except for the fact that now even your dreams were corrupted with devastating thoughts of your current situation.


You glanced at the clock and made a sprint to the bedroom. It was empty. You felt the burning again. Hot tears slipped down your cheeks. But he didn’t know that you had found out…Why hasn’t he come back yet? Was he with that woman? Did he ever lied to you so he could meet her?

There was no place for rest not even in your sleep, now both of your worlds collided into one nightmare. You grabbed your jacket and ran through the door. As you were stumbling down the stairs, you were trying to get your thoughts together, but that would make your condition even worse. You walked down the road by yourself; there wasn’t a single soul around, only your shadow and the mesmerizing streetlights that filled your sight making it almost look as if the stars were reachable. Alas, your beloved star, that made any other beam look just as a mere reflection of light, was getting further away from you and that was tearing you up from the inside. You took a deep breath and started to think over your future plans. “If he was actually worried he would have rushed home the moment he could.” You thought. As you continued walking down the street you strolled near the new club “The Ice House”, that’s where you clashed with faith itself.


“I already told you that I will come and find you.” He declared. “Didn’t I?”


                                                                                         * * *

The stairway’s lights illuminated his beautiful eyes. Joon headed towards his apartment just to discover that the door was left wide open. He stood there a couple of seconds before he rushed inside. As soon as he went through all of the rooms he headed towards his bedroom’s closet. Your things were still there. Relief rushed through his veins, he took a deep breath, but it wasn’t long until he lost his self control again. He grabbed one of your jackets and threw it far away from him after then he continued until half of your clothes were around the room. ping his brown leather jacket, he took a deep gulp of air again and rushed out of the building.
 
While he was getting in his car his phone rang, but he didn’t pay attention. Joon took of his jacket, throwing it on the backseat over the phone, and started the car’s engine. The phone rang again. The car stopped on a red light, giving Joon the opportunity to reach for his phone. It was hidden number. He declined the call and then dialed your cell, but you didn’t pick up. Joon tried dialing me, however the moment I woke up I declined his call, seeing that it was him; I weren’t in the mood for any kind of weird talk this early in the morning. The green light flashed and the vehicle darted straight forward into the night. He called me again, almost breaking the phone’s screen.


“What do you think you’re doing?” I muttered angrily. “Do you know what time it is?”


“Where is she? Is she at your place?” I could hear the sound of the engine.


“What the heck are you talking about? Wait do you mean to tell me that you just returned??” I assumed furiously.


“That doesn’t matter! When I got in the apartment there was no one there and the door was left open. She won’t even pick up her phone.”


“Idiot! Go find her and don’t call me again until you do or I will k—” He hung up.


Joon dialed your number again. He bit his lower lip hard enough to make a painful expression. At last, on the third call your phone was picked up.


“I can explain everything…” He said taking a deep breath.


 

 

 

 




                                                                                    * * *

You turned around and saw a tall guy with a black hoody. He was sitting comfortably on his motorbike near the club’s entrance, while talking on the cell phone. Putting down the phone, his grin swiftly disappeared. Then he suddenly became aware of you.


“Is there something you want to tell me? Or were you just enjoying the sight of me being cut off again?”


“Excuse me?” Your eyes winded. You hadn’t even realized that you had stopped moving, until his voice woke you up.


“What…daydreaming in the middle of the night?” He whispered, coming face to face with you.


The distance between you two was so little that you could smell his cologne, the scent of winter and summer colliding into one. The stranger moved his arm onto your cheeks, finding the traces of your tears with the tip of his finger, gently touching your face. His smile was radiant as the sun and his eyes gorgeous and mysterious as the moon.


“Do you always take a walk this late after crying your eyes out like this?” His question made you take a small step away. It wasn’t fear that you felt, it was embarrassment. “I didn’t mean to…Well, we are here already so why not get a drink.”


“I suppose…” He grabbed your arm pulled you inside the building. “Don’t worry I will take care of you, for now. After all they don’t call me Zico for nothing” he stated with a heart-melting smile.


The saloon was poorly lighted. Both of you headed towards the bar, where he seated you on his left side. It was your first time being at such a place, but it wasn’t as if you had anywhere better to be. Your cell rang. You took your phone from your pocket, but as soon as you saw the number your face changed colors and Zico noticed that tortured look you had.


“You want to talk about it?” He whispered.


“Unfortunately there is nothing to talk about, not anymore.” An image of Joon appeared in your head, leaving yet another scar.

A hour or so passed, the silence made the situation awkward. He leaned closer to you. The fragrance of whiskey came across your nose. You could feel his glare on you. He was so close, however not saying even a word, until…


“Let’s run away together.”