PART 2

우리의 이야기

people were enjoying themselves with the buffet. even Sehun ate well, but not Kai. "ya, just finish those and let's get out from here"

 

"no way, I have to meet Luhan first" Sehun said as he ate another bite of cake.

 

Luhan, walking hand-in-hand with Yoona, approached Sehun and Kai.

 

"hi, you came" Luhan said, reached put his hand for a hand shake.

 

Sehun put his plate down and shook Luhan's hands. "congratulations"

 

"thank you," Luhan said as he saw another person who seems familiar. "oh, you're Yoona's friend! Kai, is it?"

 

Kai nodded nonchalantly.

 

"you know him?" Sehun asked surprised.

 

"yes,"

 

while the two cyber friends were chatting, Kai and Yoona exchange glances.

 

"you know, I have a favor to ask you" Luhan said.

 

"what is it?"

 

"since I don't have any close friends in Korea, and you two are the only ones I know, I hope you two can become my best man"

 

"sure!" Sehun said, widely smile. "we'd love to! right, Jongin?" he nudged Kai who wasn't really paying attention. "right?" Sehun asked one more time, and signaled him to just say yes.

 

"yeah, sure" Kai said without thinking.

 

Yoona gulped. why would Kai said yes? this isn't like him. she was hoping he'd say no.

 

 

 

Kai and Sehun went back to the dorm early. on the way, Kai looked like a lifeless person. like a walking dead guy. now, Yoona is officially engaged with Luhan. he can't do anything about it. and anyway, they're going to get married soon.

 

"Jongin, what's wrong?" Sehun asked.

 

"huh? nothing"

 

"how did you know Luhan's fiancè?"

 

Kai was a little annoyed by how Sehun refrerred Yoona to be 'Luhan's fiancè'. "she have a name. she's Im Yoona"

 

"oh.."

 

"childhood friend"

 

"but Luhan knows you, too"

 

"she introduce him to me"

 

"anyway, thanks for agreeing the best man idea"

 

Kai stopped walking. "what best man? me? agree?" he seems confused.

 

"yeah, you said sure, which means yes"

 

"you mean WE, are going to be HIS best man at the wedding??"

 

"um, yeah? what's wrong?"

 

everything. seeing Yoona engaged to that man is painful enough, he don't need to add it. getting married is an eternal promise.

 

"please.... aren't you felt sorry for Luhan? he doesn't know anyone in Korea, and he's getting married soon"

 

"it's not that..."

 

"then what?"

 

Kai didn't have enough courage to tell Sehun about Yoona. about their past. he gave up. "fine"

 

 

 

 

 

on the next day after the engagement, Yoona took off early from home. didn't have breakfast or said anything to anyone in the house. she's going to Kai's campus. again. that's why she don't want anyone to know.

 

knock knock!

 

Kai was still in bed when he heard a knock on his door. last night he was worned out. he did a midnight shift and just came back at 3 AM. he's pretty much in a bad mood right now. who the heck visit him at 6 AM??

 

knock knock!

 

he didn't budge. he put a pillow over his ear so he couldn't hear the knock.

 

knock knock knock!!

 

"aaargh!" he threw away the pillow, and slowly walking to unlock the door. as he opened it, he walked back to bed. he thought it was just Sehun or other guys.

 

"you must be tired" the person said, sat on the chair.

 

Kai slowly opened his eyes, adter he heard the person visiting him isn't Sehun or anyone, it's Yoona.

 

"I heard last night you did a midnight shift"

 

Kai covers his head with a pillow. "what are you doing here?" he asked from beneath.

 

"get up. I need to talk to you,"

 

"what?"

 

"let's forget the past few days, for the sake of moving on. let's just pretend like we used to be. childhood friends"

 

Kai removed the pillow and sat up straight. not saying a word.

 

"I've been thinking... I can't move on like this. you see, yesterday when I saw you at the party, I was worried. I can't move on seeing you fight by yourself. don't you get it how difficult living here?" she took a deep breath. "you are a child of a rich family, you don't need to make yourself suffer like this"

 

Kai still doesn't budge. he only listens.

 

"I can't see you like this"

 

"then why did you decided to marry Luhan anyway?" Kai spoke up. "if it isn't for moving on, and live happily like you said, then what for? showing the world that you have a great, loving, handsome and cute husband?"

 

"I..."

 

"if it wasn't for love, why did you agree to marry him?!"

 

"Kai-ya..."

 

"don't. enough. get out"

 

"Kai-ya.."

 

"GET OUT!!"

 

Yoona took her purse and ran off. tears rolled down through her cheeks. as soon as she got into her car, she let her tears fall down.

 

Kai reached out his phone and dialed a number which he memorized well. "Taemin-ah, awake yet?"

 

"oh, Kai-ya! I just took a shower. what's up?"

 

Kai took a deep breath and told his best friend everything.

 

"WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO. ya! Kim Jongin, you jerk! if you love her then why didn't you told her your true feelings? that way noona wouldn't be married to Luhan, and neither you scolding her would've not happened!"

 

"but I can't take it anymore! you don't understand! I'm just angry!"

 

"jealousy kills,"

 

"I thought curiosity does"

 

"but jealousy could make you do stupid things. and that kills"

 

"jealous?"

 

"yea. I'm coming to your place for a couple of days"

 

"what?"

 

"I'm serious! I want to know what kind of person steals your love!" Taemin hang up.

 

"ya, yoboseyo? aish,"

 

 

Yoona went home with swollen eyes because of crying so much. she covered it up with make-up, hoping no one would notice. she entered her house's password and entered with a smile. she saw her family, and Luhan, were eating breakfast.

 

"Yoona-ya, where did you go?" Mrs. Im asked. "you went somewhere without notice, again. Luhan was so worried"

 

Yoona looked at Luhan. inside she felt like betraying now-fiancè Luhan. "I'm sorry... my friend called" she lied with a grin on her face.

 

"who? Kai?" Seulong said without thinking. he knows well that Kai's name is forbidden in the house.

 

Mr. Im glared at Yoona while Mrs. Im looked at Luhan who seems confused.

 

"a.. no! why would he called me, anyway?" Yoona hurriedly denied.

 

"well, maybe..."

 

Yoona glared at her brother before he could say a word.

 

"I gotta go. thank you for the meal," Seulong stood up and kissed his mother's cheek.

 

"Yoona-ya, today you and Luhan are going to wedding venue. check everything, okay? don't leave any single detail" Mrs. Im said.

 

"of course, eomma. I wont leave out anything!"

 

 

 

 

Kai was sleeping throughout the class. he couldn't sleep again after Yoona visited him, and Taemin said he's coming over. Sehun poked him, signaling that the professor is coming near him. Kai sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. "this wont do"

 

"what are you trying to do?" Sehun whispered as he saw Kai took his bag and try to sneak out.

 

"ssh! I'm going to the library" Kai whispered. he wants to go to the library, and sleep.

 

the library was so empty. only few people were there and study. for Kai, he would study at this place. but now, sleep is the only thing he must do right this moment. Kai rested his head on the table. staring blankly at the huge window beside him. he was trying to sleep, but his mind is going elsewhere. what if Yoona really love Luhan so much? what if Yoona really did move on from him? he shut his eyes tight. convincing himself that none of that will come true. but how? it's all going to happen. in a couple of weeks or so he will be the groom's best man. watching the bride happily say 'I do' with her sweetest smile... and then the crowd would cheer for them and they would.......... Kai's fist punched the table making a loud noise in such a quiet place. he's angry thinking about the next scene.

 

 

 

 

the venue of Luhan and Yoona's wedding is very beautiful. it is a rooftop garden with lots of colourful flowers and the white gazebo was prettily arranged with red roses.

 

"beautiful...." Yoona said as she looked arround. admiring the place.

 

"you said you don't want to have a wedding inside a building"

 

"yeah.. it's too formal! I want a fun wedding"

 

"you like it?"

 

Yoona smiled brightly at Luhan and nodded.

 

"your mother took care of the invitation" he told her.

 

"Sooyoung will do the cake. she said she wants to make my wedding cake. and Fany will design the dress"

 

"so what's there left to do?"

 

"umm... let's see... I haven't got a call about the wedding dress and tuxedo. I think we have nothing to do until the photoshoot at 3!"

 

"let's eat, I'm hungry..."

 

"me, too... I know a great place for bibimbap. let's go!" Yoona took Luhan's hand.

 

"Yoona-ya, can you call Kai?" he asked.

 

her eyes widened. why would Luhan wants to meet Kai? "isn't it supposed to be only us?" she pouted.

 

"I wanted to know more about him, since your brother talks about him a lot"

 

"oppa? what did he say?"

 

"about you and your childhood"

 

"but... he won't come even if I called"

 

 

 

 

 

Kai's phone rang, waking him up from his peaceful sleep. it's from Taemin. "why?"

 

"sounds to me like you have a rough morning.... anyway, I'm in front of your  university building"

 

"what? why?"

 

"I told you I'm coming over" Taemin said and he hang up.

 

"why does he always hang up first..." Kai said. he took his bag and went out from the library.

 

 

 

 

 

"so.. how is the bibimbap?" Yoona asked as she saw Luhan had finished his meal.

 

"as you said, it's delicious" Luhan reached out to held her hand. "and it's even more delicious because you're here with me"

 

"aigoo.. so cheesy" she laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

"so you're saying that... noona loves Luhan?" Taemin asked one more time.

 

"I told you million times. that's what I thought"

 

"Kim Jongin"

 

"what?" Kai plays with his food.

 

"tell noona"

 

"dude, she's going to be married to someone else"

 

"so what? you can't keep that feeling inside forever"

 

"but I can't be compared to someone who is million times better than me"

 

"he can't be more handsome than you"

 

"yes, he is"

 

"younger?"

 

"probably"

 

"smarter?"

 

"he went to US to study. he must be a genius"

 

"richer?"

 

"I guess"

 

Taemin hissed. he looks arround the bibimbap restaurant he and Kai used to go. "isn't that noona?"

 

Kai looked at behind him. he thought Taemin was halucinating, but he wasn't. great. it really is Yoona. laughing with a guy in front of him. that must be Luhan.

 

"then the guy in front of her must be..."

 

"you're right"

 

Taemin gulped. how can they accidently met in a place like this? "Yoona noona!"

 

Yoona looks for the person who called her. Taemin from afar was waving at her. she waved back. she excused herself from Luhan and walked towards Taemin.

 

"ya! what are you doing?!" Kai protested.

 

"just play along, okay?"

 

 

 

 

"Taemin-ah!" she called out.

 

"noona!"

 

"how have you been? are you here alone?"

 

"I'm fine... I'm coming with someone"

 

Yoona saw the person who is trying to cover his face. her smile faded. she knew it was Kai.

 

"what about you, noona?"

 

"I came with someone..." Yoona looked at Luhan who is now walking towards them. an awkward situation. "Taemin-ah, this is Luhan. my...." Yoona took a glance at Kai.

 

"I'm her fiancè" Luhan answered on her behalf.

 

"yes.." she nodded.

 

"oh, I heard about you. I'm Kai's best friend. nice to meet you"

 

"Kai?" Luhan saw a person who hasn't say a word.

 

"noona, congratulations on your engagement"

 

"thanks" Yoona replied.

 

"Yoona-ya, we have to go to the photoshoot, remember?" Luhan reminded.

 

"oh, right. we have to go now. see you arround" Yoona said as she and Luhan left the restaurant.

 

 

 

***

 

 

a few days later Yoona went to Tiffany's place to do a fitting of her wedding dress. the dress was pretty. white strapless dress with an asymmetric skirt. Yoona said she don't want to wear a long dress, because it'll make her uncomfortable, so Tiffany designed a knee-length skirt. she added some elegant details, too. she made it with the best fabric sofor her best friend.

 

"what do you think?"

 

"perfect. just as I expected. thank you sooo much!" Yoona hugged Tiffany tightly.

 

"okay, I get it. now let me go, you don't want your dress ruined, do you?"

 

Yoona let go of the hug.

 

"I heard from Sooyoung that the cake is going to be your favorite!"

 

"my favorite? I have a lot of favorite sweets!"

 

"well.. you'll see when you get there! go change, and go to Sooyoung's bakery"

 

"alright. so when is Luhan going to do fitting?"

 

"don't worry. I'll call him when it's ready. now go! your wedding is in 5 days!"

 

Yoona's smile faded. right. in 5 days, she will be Mrs. Xi. and all this exitement is for the preparation of her wedding with Luhan. "what about the best man and bridesmaids?"

 

"already taken care of. you have no more worries. your mom already fire out the invitations. you just need to check on everything and enjoy your days with Luhan" Tiffany pushed her in the dressing room.

 

 

 

 

 

"you know... Luhan called" Sehun told Kai who is hanging out with Taemin at the cafè. "he said he's going to do fitting for his and the best man tuxedo"

 

"you go"

 

"but.."

 

"Kai-ya" Taemin cut off. "you should go"

 

Kai raised an eyebrow.

 

"I'm serious"

 

Kai stared at him like saying, 'you don't agree with me?'

 

"seriously, dude. don't you want to look awesome in front of noona? even if the groom isn't you.."

 

"dude!"

 

"go! Oh Sehun, grab him. take him to do fitting"

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung showed Yoona a tall cake, which is her wedding cake covered with buttercream icing. she even put a little detail at the top of the cake. a mini version of Luhan and Yoona.

 

"woow.."

 

"wait, there's more!"

 

Yoona followed her to the other side of the kitchen.

 

"ta-da!" Sooyoung opened the lid. beautiful piles of red cupcakes.

 

"this cupcake... red velvet?"

 

"bingo! I made it special with cream filling on the inside, just like your favorite"

 

"awww thank you!" Yoona hugged her.

 

"let's have some tea. I just baked a cake since you were coming"

 

Sooyoung cut a piece of strawberry cheescake she just made for Yoona, and her assistant poured a chamomile tea.

 

"mm.. yummy!" she complimented.

 

"you know you can't act all cute and childish when you got married"

 

"I know that.." she grinned.

 

"and have kids"

 

"kids...?"

 

"yeah, kids"

 

"I haven't thought that far.."

 

"you have to! your future is in your hands, Yoong. you planned your future. not just letting destiny to choose it for you. this is your story"

 

"my.... story, huh.."

 

 

 

 

Kai saw his reflection on the mirror. he's wearing a dark blue tuxedo. he looks handsome--as usual, he added-- but feels like an idiot. he glance at Sehun who is fixing his black tie. Sehun looks.... cool.

 

"dark blue really suits you," Tiffany complimented when she saw Kai had finished changing. "I'll just need to adjust the length... since you weren't here when I asked for your size"

 

"I'm sorry" Kai bowed. "I was busy"

 

"it's cool. I used Sehun's size on you, and there's not many difference between you two. it'll be easy to fix"

 

Kai nodded, and watch his reflection again.

 

"omo!" Tiffany cried out when she saw Luhan in his white groom tuxedo. "as I expected! perfect!!"

 

"I like it, too. thank you so much, Tiffany-ssi"

 

"oh, it's nothing. I promised you two that I will make the best of the best!"

 

Kai did, mesmerized by how Luhan looked like in that suit. incredible. like the tux itself was made for him.

 

after the fitting is over, Luhan invited Kai and Sehun to have a boys chit-chat. Kai was refusing at first, but Sehun insisted. "Taemin said I have to insist you to do everything no matter what" he innocently said. they are now sitting on a nearby cafè.

 

"so.. Kai, how long have you know Yoona?" Luhan asked.

 

"I was too little to remember when exactly" Kai answered, playing with the whipped cream on top of his Frappucino.

 

Sehun took a sip on his Iced Caramel while looking at the pretty interior of the cafè.

 

"oh..."

 

awkward silence.

 

"umm" Sehun put his drink on the table. "I need to go to the bathroom.. excuse me, " he said and run to the bathroom. he remember now that he always got stomachache everytime he tastes coffee.

 

Kai watched his back as he run, and turn at Luhan again. "how long have you know noona?"

 

"ever since I moved to the US. not as long as you,"

 

"you must be a genius"

 

"what? no.. I got a scholarship from Beijing"

 

"why... do you like noona?"

 

Luhan's gaze softened. "she has brighten my day. I was this lonely guy who looks gloomy all the time. but then she came and I have my reason to smile"

 

"your korean is good"

 

"thanks. Yoona is my motivation to learn korean, that's why I improved so well" he laughed.

 

"isn't it impolite to say only 'Yoona'? isn't she older than you?"

 

Luhan chuckled. "don't be fooled, I'm 22"

 

"eh? 22? did you have surgery or something?"

 

Luhan chuckled again. "why would I? I can show you my past photos if I need too" he gulped down his Iced Cappucino.

 

Kai cleared his throat and looked somewhere else. embarassed.

 

"I can see why Yoona likes you, who are younger than her"

 

"huh?"

 

"Seulong hyung told me that Yoona used to cling on you a lot. when you were little you played together with her. but then she had to move. one of the reason was because her parents thought your rich family is a bad influence on her"

 

Kai was surprised that Luhan knows this much.

 

"I don't know why you seems so awkward with her"

 

"I... we haven't seen each other for 2 years"

 

"oh... so that's why"

 

not long after, Sehun went back from the bathroom. "what did I miss?"

 

"nothing much" Luhan said.

 

***

 

on the night before her wedding, Yoona was feeling so nervous. she walked back-and-forth, clenching her fist tightly.

 

"Yoona-ya.." Luhan knocked on the door. he peeked and saw Yoona's nervous face. he went in and walked towards her. "is there something wrong?"

 

"no.. I'm just.. nervous..."

 

Luhan backhugged her. "everything will be fine... trust me, okay?" he let go af the hug. Yoona turns at him.

 

Luhan leaned in, slowly closing his eyes. their face are now inches apart.

 

suddenly, a knock was heard and ruined the moment. Luhan and Yoona chuckled.

 

"who?" Yoona asked.

 

"it's me, your bro. someone is here to see you"

 

"who?"

 

"just get out and you'll know"

 

Yoona went out from her room, signalling Luhan to wait for a moment. "who, oppa?"

 

Seulong didn't answer and pull Yoona outside.

 

"oppa! what is it? why do you have to pull me outside?"

 

"Kai is here" he said as he closed the gate.

 

Yoona's eyes widened. "what?"

 

Seulong pointed at a park accross the street. she saw a person sitting on the swing.

 

Yoona looked at her brother full of questions.

 

"it's complicated. Kai and his best friend waited in front of my workplace to meet me. and they begged me to let Kai see you. it's been going on for a few days. I couldn't take it anymore and so I'm helping them. just for this once"

 

"oppa!"

 

"go! I'll wait for you"

 

Yoona had no choice but to go and talk to him. "Kai ya"

 

 

 

 

Kai looked so surprised to see Yoona. he didn't expect her to actually talk to him. he didn't want to talk to her, but Taemin dragged him to her brother and begged him. he have to admit his best friend effort. "noona"

 

"what is it?"

 

"I'm sorry.... I... can't take this anymore... I... like... no, I... love you"

 

Yoona covered to hold back the tears. why now? why does it have to be right now? "what....?"

 

"there, I said it. I just want you to know"

 

"all this time?"

 

"I just realized it. I know I was an idiot"

 

Yoona sat down on the swing next to him. Kai stood up. "if that isn't enough," he leaned forward until their faces was inches apart. he slowly closed his eyes and their lips are touching.

 

this is their first kiss ever.

 

Kai parted from Yoona, but their faces are still a few inches away. "..... did that proof everything that I said....?"

 

Yoona finally get on her senses. "I'm getting married tomorrow"

 

Kai's smile faded. he got this far, but it's useless. tomorrow she's going to be Luhan's. tomorrow.

 

"nothing is gonna change" Yoona stood up facing him. "I'm sorry..." she said, and walked away from him towards the gate of her house. tears rolled down her cheek. she cleared the tears with her cardigan sleve. but her tears rolled down again, but she couldn't stop it. as soon as she entered the garden, and saw her brother, she kept crying.

 

Seulong hugged her to calm her down. "someone might hear you, Yoong. and this is your choice, you can't turn back anymore"

 

"oppa....." she still crying.

 

"Yoona-ya..."

 

 

***

 

"omo! Yoona-ya, you look so pretty!" Tiffany said as she and Sooyoung saw Yoona got out from the dressing room.

 

today is her wedding day. She had spent all night thinking of her decision. Because when today passed, there's no turning back.

 

"you've made your mind?" Seulong asked as he check on Yoona.

 

she nodded. "yes"

 

"you sure you wont regret it?"

 

she sook her head. "no, I wont. I've thought about this,"

 

"okay, then. I'll tell Fany and Soo that you're ready"

 

Yoona nodded, put up her most calming smile.

 

 

 

 

Luhan with Sehun and Kai are waiting for the bride to arrive. He stared at Luhan. he doesn't know this person well. he couldn't make sure that his noona will be married to someone who deserve her, and could take care of her well. Taemin looked at his best friend. last night, after coming back to dorm from Yoona's, he drank a few cans of beer and got drunk. he spilled everything out, even to Sehun who just understand why Kai doesn't want to be the best man.

 

#flashback#

 

"Kai-ya..." Taemin shook his shoulder.

 

"I... was so stupid. idiot idiot idiot" Kai hit himself with the beer can.

 

Sehun had to put it away from him.

 

"she made her choice, don't be so upset"

 

"YA!! LEE TAEMIN!!"

 

"........"

 

"you're the one who told me to tell her everything!"

 

"I just want you to let go of the feelings you burried inside"

 

"but it hurts!!!!!!!" he throw a can of beer at Taemin.

 

Sehun just terrifyingly watched the scene.

 

"you! you love her so much, I know! but there are limits!" he grabbed Kai's collar. "this is reality! if you really love her then appreciate her decision! this is as far as you can go!!"

 

"Kai-ya" Sehun speak up. "Luhan is a good guy. I only know him from the internet, but he's nice.. he's been telling me about Yoona. he really likes her"

 

"see?" Taemin let go of his collar. "you had your first love, and she had too. and first love is you. isn't that enough?"

#flashback end#

 

 

 

 

Yoona entered the beautiful rooftop garden. with Tiffany and Sooyoung behind her and Mr. Im led her walked down the aisle. Luhan watched her in awe. she indeed looks so gorgeous in that dress, walking towards him in a beautiful and confident smile. Kai watched her, too. 'beautiful' he thought.

 

Mr. Im let go of his daughter hand, and Luhan took her hand. Kai shut his eyes tightly, looking down. he couldn't hear well what the whole 'promises' thing. all he can hear is Luhan saying "I do" followed by Yoona.

 

"I now pronounce you husband, and wife. you may kiss the bride"

 

it happened so fast.

 

after the ceremony is over, Kai walked alone. Sehun and Luhan are chatting, while Yoona and her friends eating cupcakes. Taemin saw him and pat his back. "remember this situation?"

 

"what situation?"

 

"when you don't know what to do after being left by noona. 2 years ago"

 

"I dont want to talk about that"

 

"talk to the newlyweds, okay? no arguments. just congratulate her" Taemin gave him a pat on the back, as an encouragement. He watched the smile on Yoona's face when she was talking with her friends, and how she kept glancing on Luhan, exchanging shy smiles. It all seemed so.. real. He realized that his story already ended since 2 years ago, but he insisted it to work out for him. But reality doesn't work that way. Reality doesn't always work the way you want. Maybe someday, in the future, there will be someone entering his life and start another chapter of his life.

 

But this story, the story between him and Yoona, this ends here. right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________

sorry for the delay of part 2 ><

the ending kinda bothers me.. but i took care of it somehow. i don't know if it's good but i think it's okay.

my friend demand part 2 to be published asap so i need to hurry ><

sorry for the grammar errors. i'm still working on it ><

the internet connection had been trolling me since morning I couldn't publish this chapter properly. it kept disappearing when i clicked add chapter ;A;

 

so thank you for reading!

 

XOXO