The Cards Of Deception

Secrets in Seoul

 

 

It's always and the same, returning halfway down the street
The melody of that miraculous night won't disappear
 
 

 

Leeteuk swung his legs off the edge of the desk, humming a song softly as he waited. His eyes diverted to a photo of the whole gang on top of one of Heechul's shelves. He got off the desk and picked it up, taking it back with him. The photo was taken three years previous, during a business trip to Japan, that had actually turned out to be more of a vacation than anything else. In the photo, everyone looked happy, Yesung was caught half way through a sentence, causing him to look rather hilarious, which Kyuhyun never let him live down. The photo may have also been the only picture of Kangin in which he doesn't look like he's just been sulking. This was definitely the only photo of them all together. Leeteuk smiled as his eyes reached the edge of the photo, he and Heechul were stood next to each other, Heechul's arm was wrapped around his neck affectionately. Leeteuk remembered how every night of that trip, the two would stay up late, playing cards, sometimes talking, mostly drinking, but he had decided that it had been his favourite trip, he'd ever taken.

Leeteuk looked to the left of himself in the photo, he was poking the cheek of a dark haired, young looking man, who was smiling the brightest smile of the whole photograph. Leeteuk felt a pang of pain in his heart, as sadness washed over him. He lightly traced his finger over his face. 

"Ah, Kibummie... I miss you" He whispered sadly, as a single tear fell down his cheek.

He gazed at the photo for a few seconds more before returning it to it's original place, deciding to push the sadness away for now.

 

He decided to try and get back in the mood he was in a few minutes ago, he sat in the chair by the desk, remembering the time Heechul had ed him on it. He was sure that ever since that day, the chair had began to squeak every time you leant backwards in it.

They'd had numerous times in Heechul's office, but mostly in Leeteuk's room. Heechul never let anyone into his bedroom, always keeping it locked. Leeteuk had always questioned why they'd never done it in his room before, but Heechul always answered with the same excuse, that he barely spent any time there himself and elsewhere was easier because he was so busy. This made Leeteuk feel cheap sometimes, but Heechul had his heart, so who was he to deny to man he cares about most's wishes.

Leeteuk remembers clearly, the very day he really fell for his gang leader. It wasn't anything significant that made him realize, just little things when they were spending time together. He had always found him attractive, but he merely put it down to jealousy and wish to look as good as him. Heechul would spend more time with Leeteuk than the other members, except for Ryeowook and Siwon, so when it came to choosing an assassin to assist him on an overseas job, he was obviously his first choice.

They completed their task within 6 hours of arriving at the destination, leaving them 12 hours until the next flight back to Seoul. Kyuhyun had booked them into the best hotel in the city, but Leeteuk had decided that he wanted to go to the beach.. At midnight. Heechul had reluctantly agreed to go along, after a lot of whining. 

They sat on the cold sand, the tide creeping closer and closer to their feet, much to Heechul's annoyance. The moon was hanging beautifully in the sky, to which surprisingly Heechul commented on, Leeteuk nodded in agreement, but silently in his head he realized that he found the other man ten times more beautiful. He spent the next few silent minutes stealing glances of his friend, whose pale skin seemed to glow in the moonlight. He finally stopped when Heechul asked if maybe he wanted a photo, to last longer, causing him to blush furiously. Luckily for him, it was too dark to notice.

They spent hours talking and eventually fell asleep right there on the beach, getting awakened by a curious dog on his morning walk. Of course, Heechul went crazy, complaining about how they'd left gap for an attack, leaving themselves out in the open. Leeteuk tried to ignore his nagging all the way home, but Heechul furthered his thoughts, by sprouting out new security protocols, insisting that they be more aware and alert from that moment onwards. 

Leeteuk noticed that despite Heechul's harsh ways when leading the gang, he still felt butterflies every time Heechul so much as brushed past him. He also noticed how at the deepest parts of the night, he would give in and let his mind wander to thoughts of Heechul doing seemingly unspeakable things to him with his mouth.

 

Leeteuk could also remember the first time they had actually slept together, they had been drinking at a nearby bar. When they arrived home, all of the members had fallen into their own beds, but Heechul had decided to follow Leeteuk to his, mischief twinkling in his eyes. As they entered his room, Heechul had pushed Leeteuk into the wall, his face impossibly close. He announced that he had noticed all the looks and asked in a low whisper if this was what he wanted, before kissing him roughly. They were before they'd even gotten to the bed.

Heechul hadn't been there when Leeteuk woke up, who then begun to worry that Heechul may start to avoid him and that would be worse than it not happening in the first place, but when they saw each other that evening, Heechul merely said that no one is to ever find out and that they are simply having a bit of fun, nothing more.

That had been almost a year ago and Leeteuk treasured every moment he got to spend with the other, even if he wasn't supposed to.

He decided to see what was taking said man so long to return, he got up from the chair, which squeaked as he moved and headed towards the house bar.

 


 

Heechul followed Ryeowook to where the commotion was located. 

Siwon had Donghae up against the wall, his hands gripping the collar of his shirt, Heechul was sure that Siwon probably wished he was gripping his neck instead. Donghae was laughing in his face mockingly. Heechul knew right away what had happened, Donghae had provoked the other and Siwon had snapped. It wasn't often that his second in command got angry, even in the slightest. Siwon was known for his patience.

Some of the members were telling them to calm down, everyone went silent upon seeing Heechul enter the room.

Siwon turned his head and his eyes met the only person ranked higher than him. He grit his teeth, but let go of Donghae and walked away to the bar, immediately pouring himself a large scotch. Heechul looked to Donghae for an explanation, who just shrugged in response. 

"So, I see that neither of you are going to tell me why the you're fighting your way through MY house?!!" Heechul enquired, his authority coming through in his voice.

"You know what he's like" Siwon said after a few seconds, glancing slightly in Donghae's direction.

"-" Donghae started but was interrupted when Heechul appeared in front of him.

"If this is your whole jealousy act about Siwon getting promoted, then you need to stop, right now and get over it. It's been nearly three months, I am not going to change my decision. Do you understand that?" Heechul said quietly, but firmly.

"Having favourites isn't healthy, you know" Donghae answered back.

"Okay then Hae, if that's so, what really gives you the right to be promoted over Siwon?" Heechul challenged, his patience was wearing thin with s attitude.

Donghae thought about his answer for a second,

"A lot. I do more jobs than he does, constantly, every single day. He doesn't" He replied.

Heechul sighed.

"Just because you do not see the work he does, does not mean he doesn't do it. In fact, he does just as much work as you, probably more. So I suggest, before you really piss me off, that you stop acting like a child and let it go" He spoke, loud enough for the other members to hear this time, before casually walking away to get a drink from the bar.

Donghae's face was expressionless for a moment, before darkening rapidly as he exited the room.

 


 

Leeteuk got to the now strangely quiet room. Heechul was sat with Ryeowook at the bar, discussing something. Leeteuk felt a little sad that he didn't return right away as he had promised, but he concluded that it must be important. Siwon was sat with Han Geng at the opposite side of the bar. Leeteuk made his way over to where Kangin, Yesung and Kyuhyun were sat, playing cards. Kangin was shuffling the deck. 

"I thought there was a fight going on?" He asked, sitting down.

Kangin automatically dealed him into the round. 

"Yeah, there was but it was over pretty much the second Heechul got here" Kyuhyun announced monotony, letting the others know that he was bored of it already.

"Hae really needs to learn how to control his feelings and stop provoking Siwon" Kangin declared.

The three of them stared at him.

"You can't exactly say much on the matter, with your hourly tantrums" Leeteuk laughed.

Kangin's face became a scowl for a second, but he instead decided to concentrate on his hand of cards.

They played in silence for a few seconds, then Kangin decided to change the subject.

"So how come you were so late getting back tonight then Teuk?" He asked.

"Damn guy wouldn't die, would he?" Leeteuk answered, remembering his victim from earlier..

"Yeah, Minho always was a stubborn one" Kangin said, throwing down his cards declaring himself out of the round.

"I wouldn't say stubborn, the idiot was begging, he was terrified.. Wait.. Did you say Minho? What's Minho got to do with it?" Leeteuk asked in confusion.

"Uh, everything, giving that he was your target" He said, matter-of-factly.

Leeteuk crinkled his eyebrow.

"What? Lee Jinki was my target.. You know, goes by Onew? He's in the same gang as Minho.. I killed him, not Minho" 

They turned around to see Heechul behind them, having heard the conversation.

His mouth had parted slightly, everyone was silent.

Leeteuk had killed the wrong man.

 

-

 

"What the Teuk?!! Onew? Where the hell did you get that from?" Heechul shouted.

"That's the order I got, that's the name and photo that was in the file. I have the file in my room, I'll go and fetch it" Leeteuk explained, leaving the room to get it.

A minute or two later, he returned, file held out in his hands. Heechul grabbed it roughly from him, flicking open the front cover, which revealed a photo of Onew, with his name clearly stated at the top.

Heechul threw it down onto the table, calling Ryeowook over. He dragged Leeteuk with them into his office, Siwon followed behind, picking up the file as he went past.

After shutting the door behind them, Heechul turned to Leeteuk, looking right into his eyes.

"I put the file, with the hit on Minho inside the same drawer in your desk, inside your room, as I always do, not even an hour before you got it and left. Now, someone tell me how the hell you managed to kill the wrong guy?" He spoke, slowly, anger and anxiety dripping off his voice, like the blood that dripped off Leeteuk's blade not so long ago.

"I have no idea! I grabbed the file and left, just as I always do. No questions asked, how was I supposed to know it was the wrong one?! I get the file and do the job" Leeteuk said, defending his actions.

"Err, this is why I reccomended actually discussing hits before carrying them out" Their consigliere piped up, quietly clearing his throat after he spoke.

"Ryeowook! Shut up! Not now" Heechul demanded.

"When have I ever messed up before?" Leeteuk pleaded.

Heechul sighed, running his hands through his hair, frantically.

"Never, okay. I know. But how the hell could this happen? How can the contents of a file just change?" He stressed.

"I know how" Siwon said, speaking for the first time.

They all turned to look at him.

"Well?" Heechul quiered, waiting for his explanation.

"Someone living in this house changed it" Siwon replied.

"No one here would, why would they mess with jobs? They wouldn't, it would only cause trouble and that would mean heat on them too" Leeteuk instantly defended his fellow gang members.

"Plus, if they wanted Onew dead, they'd need a good reason and if they had one, then they'd come to you and request it" Ryeowook reminded them.

"But how else would it get changed? No one else had access. No one else can enter the house and definitely not in the time limit when it was switched" Siwon furtherly convinced them.

All four stood in silence for nearly a minute, before Siwon spoke again.

"Someone in this house betrayed us, one of our members is a traitor" 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates, but I'm so busy with college and stuff. Buuuuuuuut, a little bit more about HeeTeuk, yaaay~  

And a tiny bit of Kibum..

Sorry it's not terribly exciting yet T.T but it will get better XD There'll be appearances from one or two other groups too.

Also, I forgot to mention at the beginning of the fic, that this is how they all look..

Since this is the poster that I got some of the inspiration for this story.. (Of course Kangin and Han Geng aren't in the poster, but you can imagine a similar image)

I'll reveal the other poster I also had inspiration from later on in the story.

But thank you so much for reading :D Opinions are welcomed, of course ^^

p.s - Again, I didn't rate this as M, it automatically did, due to swearing.

<33333