Checkmate

Secrets in Seoul

-

 

To anyone walking by it looked like your average dark alley and on any other night it would be.

But not tonight.

The night air was cold across his face, but he didn't mind. He pondered for a second on what time it was before returning to the job at hand.  He leant menacingly over the whimpering body beneath him.  He had a smirk plastered across his face, which revealed his distinct dimple.  He cocked his head to the left, slightly biting his lip. The knife he gripped in his hand was lodged in the stomach of the man beneath him, who gave out a small cry.

"P-Please?" The bleeding man managed to plead. 

Leeteuk laughed darkly, twisting the knife in further.

The man choked, blood poured out of his mouth in the process, which dripped down onto Leeteuk's shoes.  He noticed this and growled angrily, pulling the knife out then forcing it back in brutally, before slashing it skillfully to all the necessary areas.  The mans whimpers stopped instantly, along with his pulse.

Leeteuk pulled his knife out of the body, blood spurting out of the messy wound as he did.  He gave the body a look which was a mixture of disgust and satisfaction.  Before standing upright and walking away.

He pulled out a spotless white cloth from one of his side pockets and wiped the sharp blade. He hated to get his favourite knife messy, but he didn't like to kill without it. He would clean it thoroughly the second he got back, like he always did.  A drop of blood ran from the blade onto his glove and that made him feel a little sick because who knows what was mixed up in his dirty blood.  He discarded the now bloody cloth with a crinkled nose and quiet 'yuck' sound, before pulling out a clean one. He wiped the blood off his gloves, reminding himself to throw them away when he got back to the house.

He laughed at the word house in his head. It was way more than a house, it was huge.  He put his knife back in the the small leather pouch that was attached to his belt, but concealed as a pocket and swiftly exited the alleyway. 

 

He arrived at his car, which was parked in a deserted street and opened the trunk. He slid off every garment of clothing he was wearing and put them into a black backpack, which he put into a black box, which he locked.  He then pulled on a soft white dress shirt, black skinny jeans and expensive looking black shoes. He shut the trunk and got into the drivers seat.  He looked at the clock, he was a little late.  He drove back thinking about his victim's face when he'd finally realized his fate. The dimpled smirk always gave it away, every time, he mused to himself.  

Well, it would... If you were the most feared, killer in the city, known only by the name 'Dimples'

 


 

 

The head of the SuJu gang was sat at the end of the bar in the gang's headquarters, observing the room quietly. Nearly all of s were here.  He was waiting for Leeteuk, his most skillful assassin, to get back from a hit. A very important hit, of course Leeteuk didn't know that.  He never gave him any details other than a name and photo before a job, he wouldn't want anything to distract him. Unless it was nessacary that he knows for his safety.  He would tell him anything he wanted to know afterwards.  He pulled a bottle of whisky from behind the counter and topped up his glass, turning to his right to offer some to his quiet consigliere, who shook his head declining, going back to the paperwork he was looking at.  

A few minutes later, his consigliere looked back up and spoke,

"Heechul, don't worry. He's probably off having a bleach bath somewhere, you know what he's like. It probably got a little messy and he hates mess, you know that" he reassured his boss.

"Hmm.. I know" Heechul hummed, sipping on his drink.

"Nothing to worry about" the smaller man smiled at him. 

"Yeah, but it's damn annoying" Heechul sighed.

His consigliere patted his shoulder,

"ing Dimples" Heechul laughed softly, stopping when he saw the stern look on the others face.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, stop cursing. I get it, Ryeowook.. God, you were born into the wrong family.. A criminal who hates swearing" He concluded.

"Criminal adviser actually, Chul. Get it right. You're lucky to have a cousin as intelligent as me" Ryeowook answered, pushing his glasses back up his nose smugly.

"Stop calling me Chul, I've already told you!" 

Heechul took another sip of his drink as Ryeowook went back to his paperwork, tapping the counter rhythmically.

 

-

 

At one of the tables in the middle of the room, sat two gang members. One with a frustrated look in his eyes, the other looked slightly bored. There was a chess board between them. The frustrated looking man, Donghae picked up a chess piece, but put it down instantly upon hearing the scoffing noise that came from the other man.

"Stop watching me Kyuhyun! It's putting me off" He whined childishly.

The other man Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, before looking away.

A chair was pulled over to join their table and a cheery face sat down between them. 

"Hae, I don't know why you keep playing him. How many times have you lost?" He chuckled,

"Shut up Shindong! I'm trying to concentrate!" Donghae said, glaring at the newcomer.

Donghae made a move, Kyuhyun smirked.

"And it's all over... Once again" Shindong sighed before going back to his own table. 

Kyuhyun made one move before declaring 'checkmate'. 

"WHAT?!" Donghae bellowed, standing to his feet, staring at the board in awe.

"You never learn" Kyuhyun said, speaking for the first time since they started playing.

"I told you!" They heard Shindong call over.

Donghae hit a few pieces to the floor, gaining a few rolled eyes from members around the room.  Heechul gave him a stern look from the bar, to which he calmed down immediately. 

"You're lucky, I don't hire Yesung to install a bomb under your bed or something" Donghae threatened, laughing a little.

Kyuhyun snorted smugly.

"Who do you want me to blow up?!" A voice eagerly queistioned.

They looked up to see Yesung, the gangs explosives expert heading their way.  He could make almost anything into a bomb and had a 100% success rate. He could and would blow up anything, enjoying it completely. 

"You're not blowing anything up Yesung" Kyuhyun said clearly. 

"Oh, okay" Yesung shrugged, after looking slightly disappointed.

He then pulled a seat up next to Kyuhyun and sat down happily.

"I'll be back in a bit" Donghae told them as he got up, feeling slightly sorry for Kyuhyun as Yesung started telling him another story about his pet turtles.

 

Donghae walked to the others in the furthest corner of the room. On his way, he passed by one of the members Kangin, who was sat on his own, clearly sulking fiercely about something.  He scowled at Donghae as he walked past. 

"What'd you guys do this time then?" He asked, nodding in Kangin's direction as he got to the table.

"Sungmin told him that his shirt wasn't very nice" One of the members Eunhyuk laughed.

"What the hell possessed you to do that?" Donghae asked, sitting down next to the gang's Chinese member Han Geng, who nodded a little before returning to looking at something on his phone. 

"I didn't, a such... I just told him that the 70's want their shirt back" Sungmin giggled.

They all looked over to Kangin, who creased his face into an intense frown, causing them to burst into laughter.. Which annoyed him further, so much so that he got up and walked out of the room.  At that point the gang's underboss Siwon or second in command, you could say, walked into the room.  He went straight to the bar and grabbed himself a bottle of water before looking around the room in search of someone.  His eyes landed on Han Geng, who he then motioned to go over.

"It's probably about this months payments" Han Geng told them before going over.

Han Geng took care of the financial side of the gang, along with Heechul and Siwon, of course.

"Oh yesss.. precious Siwon.. I swear, he thinks he's a prince or something since he got promoted to underboss" Donghae moaned, giving the man, who was in deep conversation with Han Geng, death stares from across the room

Eunhyuk and Sungmin gave each other a slight look, but hummed in agreement.

"It should of been me that was promoted" He continued.

"Oh, don't you start that again Hae!" Eunhyuk sighed.

"I've been here just as long as he has, longer in fact! I've certainly done a lot more for us all than he has!" He whispered angrily.

"Just drop it" Eunhyuk tried to instruct, but Donghae carried on,

"What the hell does he do anyway? Stay here at the house all day, doing all! How many jobs does he go on, huh?!" 

He was leant across the table hissing now.

"Do you really hate him that much?" Sungmin asked curiously.

Donghae merely nodded, before sighing and sitting back in his seat.

"I still don't get why" Sungmin said, half to himself.

 

A few minutes later, noticing that Donghae had calmed down again, Eunhyuk tried to changed the subject.

"So... lost again to Kyuhyun then I see" he smirked.

 


 

 

A/N: This first chapter didn't quite go as I wanted it to and it's not all that interesting.. yet. But it will be :D If there's any spelling/grammer mistakes then I'm reaaaaally sorry, I'm so tired whilst proof reading this.. Not that I should be making excuses, being a literature student.

Oh and it got rated M, not by my accord, but apparently by my use of the F-bomb, oops lol.

Thank you for taking the time to read XDD Hopefully someone will want to carry on reading ^^