How My Birthday Went Wrong~

How My Birthday Went Wrong~

Omg so like this is the second and last chapter. I actually liked how it turned out.. a little. But um Tart, I hope you like this~! 

You should probably check the foreword 'cause I did some changes :3 And maybe just the start of chapter 1. 

Formal Apology to Tart before her birthday fanfic is done:

 I know your birthday was not more than a month ago and I've disappointed you by only updating once crappy chapter since your birthday. But I hope this makes it up. 

Hm kay that's the end of my apology letter. Keep being awesome. K read.

-Violet


Onew's P.O.V

"I am the worst fiancé there is. Someone should just kill me now" I said frantically walking around the house. 

This was a wrong first step. We're not even married yet and I already screwed up. Badly. 

"Yes you are, and yes they should" Key said without looking up from his magazine

"You are not helping" I shot daggers at him with my eyes.

"Well, not my fault you're a forgetful, stupid as-" Key started but Minho cut him off.

"Can we please skip the 'Onew's so dumb' comments and go straight to the point. What will Onew do to fix this mess?" he said looking at his us with his arms crossed.

"Maybe.. " Taemin started

"Maybe flowers?" Jonghyun asked

"She's allergic. Can't have them near her for more than five seconds" I said

"Maybe you.." Taemin continued to think out loud.

"Maybe you could take her out to a restaurant?" Minho suggested

"I don't get paid until the 30th" I looked down, agonized.

"Maybe you could.." Taemin tapped his chin with his finger while looking at the ceiling.

"Make her a dress?" Key asked finally putting his magazine aside

"Yeah if she wants a garbage bag as a dress" I raised my eyebrow "We all can't be as fashionable as you, Key" 

He pretended to toss his hair and laughed. "I know" 

Minho, Jonghyun, and I stared at him with confused looks. What the hell is wrong with him? 

"You could cook" Taemin said standing up

Their was an awkward silence. Then we all started laughing. I mean, even me. 

"Onew? As in Onew cooking?" Key was covering his eyes with his closed fist. 

"Taemin? Don't you know me at all?" I said through my laughter.

Taemin puffed his cheeks up. "Bwoah~! Just listen to me" 

The laughter faded and we all turned to look at Taemin, trying hard not to laugh again.

“Yes, our leader is clumsy, idiotic, forgetful, dumb, stupid—“

“Cut to the point, Taemin” I said, annoyed

“—But cooking can’t be that bad. Chung Hae likes pasta. Onew can do some simple spaghettis”

“Or we could just order them” I suggested

“Hyung, it has to come from your heart” Taemin glared at me

 I sighed. “I’ll try.”

“Well, we’ll leave to find Chung Hae. When we bring her back, I hope to see a huge buffet just for her, hyung” Taemin said

“Don’t push it” I glared at him

My donsaengs laughed as they walked out of my house. Cooking, huh? It was going to be a long day.


Key's P.O.V

We already knew where to go. Chung Hae was at her mother's house. We were complaining about our stupid leader all the way to Chung Hae's mother's house. I mean, I was probably the one that was pissed off the most. Chung Hae was an amazing, wonderful, and breathetaking girl. But she was pretty sensitive. And specially over her birthday which she loves so much. How could Onew be so stupid? 

We finally made a stop at the tiny house at the outside of town. We all stepped out of the car and knocked on the front door. Chung Hae's mother opened the door and we could hear faint cries from inside the house.

"Oh, boys~! So good to see you." her mother said

The boys bowed. "Hello Eomonim" I said respectfully and then we all walked inside the house 

Maybe you'll help me figure out what's going on with Chung Hae" her mother said nervously

"I think we might have an idea of what happened" Minho said

"Well, she's in the living room" her mother said

"Thank you, Eomonim" Jonghyun smiled and then we all headed to the living room. There she was, in all her sadness glory. Even if she was crying she'd still look adorable. Her cheeks and eyes were red as more and more tears fell down her cheeks. She had a bunch of used tissues around her and she was hugging a pillow close to her chest.

"Waaaaah~!" she cried then stopped to blow her nose "How could heeeee~?

I sat next to her and placed my arm around her. This made her open her eyes and look at me, surprised. She looked down.

"Oh, it's you Kibum.. Hello" she said wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

"Hello, Chung Hae.." I said softly

"Hi Noona" Taemin said taking a seat in the opposite couch.

She turned to look at the rest of us. "You're all here? B-But why?" 

"Well, we heard what happened and we were worried. Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked

Her lips started trembling and then she burst into tears again. She layed her head on my chest and I patted her back. I looked at Jonghyun with fierce eyes. Minho and Taemin hit Jonghyun's head. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Jonghyun said quickly. He stood up and sat at the other end of the couch Chung Hae and I were sitting on. He wrapped his arm around her. 

"I-It's okay, Jonghyun. I-I just.." Chung Hae looked down and sighed. "How could Onew- Oppa forget something so important?" 

The boys and I looked at each other, a bit guilty. No, we didn't do it, but it hurt to see Chung Hae so sad. I suddenly had an idea.

"Hey Chung Hae, it's fine." I said "We'll take you out for a while and then take you home. That way you won't be lonely on your birthday. And I bet Onew realized what he did and is doing something specially awesome for you."

"You think so?" Chung Hae asked, looking up at me

"I know so" I poked her nose "Now, let's go~!"

"I'll just change my shirt. I'll be right back" she said and walked away to her old room.

The boys stood up with excited looks upon their faces.

"Where are we going, hyung? Eh? Eh? Where are we going?" Taemin asked, jumping up and down.

 "We're not going anywhere. We'll just drive her around town and then drop her home when Onew's done" I said

"Awwww man" Taemin pouted

"Look, we can go out after we drop her off if you want" I said

"Yay~!" Taemin yelled and then started jumping around again. I facepalmed. 

But the irony has it.. that we didn't go anywhere after we left her


Chung Hae's P.O.V

As I walked out of my house, I saw that my four best friends were already in the car. And there was something particular written in the front. Key honked the car and motioned me to come over.

I gasped and then laughed it off. Key was sitting in the passenger seat and Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun were sitting in the back. 

"My friends are amazing" I whispered to myself before running to the car. I got inside and put my seatbelt on. "Where are we going?" 

"No where in particular. Just drive around some places" Jonghyun shrugged

"Well, that sounds good enough for me." I said and kept the 'Better than sobbing at my parents' house' part inside my head. 

And honestly, as I drove out of my parents' porch, all I could think of was how Onew could do whatever he wanted for all I cared.


Onew's P.O.V

Okay, it was time to panick. I was looking for recipes in the internet to make chicken rice. I'd seen Key do it before and it didn't seem that hard. But I think I did a step horrible wrong. 

Well, I took the frozen chicken, placed it on the microwave and clicked on 5 minutes. 

Long story short, the microwave burst into flames. Not only that, but the pot where I was cooking the rice, also melted. Is that even possible?! I was running around, flailing my arms around while yelling, "FIRE~! FIRE~!" but then I realized that it was a stupid thing to do since a) I was alone at home and b) the house would burn down if I continued. I took the fire extinguisher and put the fire out. I sat down in the floor in defeat. 

"I quit, I am a horrible cook." I let my bangs cover my face "I'm sorry I failed you, Chung Hae.. I'm so sorry" I let tears stream down my face.

But then something clicked in me. No, I've let her down way too much for it being her birthday. I will cook that beautiful woman an amazing dinner and she's going to love it. I will try my best.

But my best wasn't exactly enough..


Chung Hae's P.O.V

Okay, I know I said my friends were amazing a few minutes ago. And they are, they really are. But that doesn't mean they're not weird. Because that's one thing that they definitely are. Weird. 

So, they made me literally drive around town for hours. Everyone would stop and stare at our car because, let's be honest. How many times do you see "BIRTHDAY GURL!" in big blue letters on top of a car's wind shield. 

So, not only were we getting weird looks but we were also wasting gas from Key's car. That's just incredible, honestly. 

Finally at around 8 pm, they said we could go home. I didn't show it, but I danced around in my head. But then I realized that I had to face Onew. And he was probably watching his stupid sports game. Urgh.

When we were in the street to get to my house, we saw an ambulance and a firetruck speeding down the street. We all fell quite and began silently praying that they wouldn't turn left, which was the route we needed to get home. Ironically, it did turn left. We looked at each other before following the ambulance and firetruck. They had stopped at my house which had smoke coming out from all of the windows. I opened my door and walked out of the car.

"Onew.." I whispered. "ONEW" this time I yelled harder and pushed myself against the crowd of people to my front door.

A fireman took me by the shoulder and stopped me.

"My fiancé is in there" I yelled at him

"M'am, please calm down" the fireman said. I wanted to punch him. What if I put his wife and kids in there? Would he be calm? He continued, "Firemen are looking for him right now. Everything will be okay but you must back away from the house" 

After being calmed down by my friends, and given a cup of coffee to calm my anxieties, I tried to wait patiently for them to come out. But it seemed like hours passed each second. I needed to see him. I needed to know he was okay. I needed to see that stupid dubu smile of his. His dorky imitations. His hilarious laugh.

"I'm so sorry, Noona" Taemin said, sobbing loudly.

"Taeminnie, it's not your fault--" I started

"No, I told him to cook. I-I didn't know.." Taemin continued to sob.

"Taeminnie, it's fine" I said trying to smile but failing. I looked back down.

Taemin walked away, sobbing in his hands as Minho tried to consolate him.

We all jolted up from the cold pavement to see two firemen carrying Onew. He was coughing and his face was dirty with smoke. Tears instantly fell from my eyes. I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Don't scare me like that" I whispered, feeling hot tears forming.

"C-Chung Hae.. I-I'm sorry. First, I forget your birthday and then I burn our house down. I-I--" he looked down and started crying. "I'm useless" 

And then I, for the first time that day, smiled. I kissed his cheek and moved his bangs away from his face.

"Dubu, I understand and love your sangtae. We have life insurance. We'll find another house. And what's one tiny little mistake?" I said, smiling brightly at him

"Y-You actually forgive me?" Onew asked, looking up at me.

"I forgive you and I love you. And the fact that you put your life at risk just to cook for me is amazing." I laughed.

He chuckled and I smiled. 

"See? That's my good boy" I said and wiped a tear that was falling down his face away.

He caressed my face and I smiled at his familiar warmth.I layed my head on his hand. He pushed my head closer to his and we kissed. We didn't care if our neighbors and firemen and friends were watching. He smelled of ashes and burnt chicken. But I didn't care. I love this man and I will marry him. We pulled away after a few minutes.

"So, you seriously forgive me?" Onew asked giving me one of those shy smiles I adored so much.

"Neh.. Just one thing, though" I said

"Yeah?" Onew said

"Please don't ever set a foot on the kitchen again" I said and we both laughed.


Author's P.O.V

Hana, a small girl turning 5 years old, sat in front of her parents and uncles who were all sitting on the floor with her.. She stared up at them, awestruck.  It was a small birthday party, only close friends and relatives were there. 

"And that's about the end of how my birthday went wrong~!" Chung Hae shrugged

"Da-daddy burnt our house down?" Hana asked 

Chung Hae turned to Onew and Onew rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Not really burn down.." Onew said

"But bring it to pieces" Minho interrupted

Onew turned to look at him and gave him a look that said 'Shut it' all over.

Hana giggled and stood up. He grabbed both of Onew's cheeks and smiled.

"Appa is silly" she stuck her tounge out at him. Onew stood up and started chasing Hana around the room. 

Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, Key and Chung Hae stood up from the floor.

"So, when are you going to tell him that you're pregnant?" Key nudged Chung Hae.

"Bwoah~! You told us and not him?!" Taemin's jaw dropped.

"Well, remember how he reacted when I told him about Hana?" Chung Hae said defensively

"Fainted?" Jonghyun asked

"Yup" Chung Hae nodded and then turned to look at her daughter and husband running around the room. Hana tripped a few times. She had gotten Onew's sangtae, the poor girl. Onew finally caught up with her and threw her in the air and then caught her right back in his arms. Hana's shrieks, squeels, and giggles were heard around the house. 

Chung Hae looked at them lovingly.

"Let's cut the cake. Shall we?" Onew told Hana and they both walked out of the room and hurried downstairs.

Chung Hae's eyes widened as she ran out of the room, yelling "No~! Onew! Get away from that--"

They heard a loud BOOM!! 

They all ran downstairs to see what had happened. The cake had exploded on Hana's and Onew's faces.

"How did you manage that?!" Chung Hae shrieked

"He/She did it~!" Hana and Onew said at the same time, pointing at each other.

"Now my birthday will be like mommy's" Hana squealed.

Chung Hae laughed, shaking her head. 'I love my family'