Silly Onew~

How My Birthday Went Wrong~

Hello~! Violet here! I hope you enjoy this first chapter of goofygal14's birthday fanfic :3 Don't hate me if it's bad.


Mommy.. tell me a story about one of your birthdays..

 

Chung Hae's P.O.V

I sat up happily. It was finally my birthday, my favorite day of the year~! I looked to my side and saw my boyfriend, Onew, snoring softly. I giggled at the sight before standing up from her bed. After brushing my teeth, I ran down to the kitchen as if I was a child on Christmas Day, awaiting for presents under the Christmas Tree. I grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter and checked my calls. None. 
 
Well.. It's too early for that. It's just 7 am. Calls will come storming in in just some minutes, I just know. 
 
Shaking this off, I made myself a cup of coffee. I let the warm coffee fumes go to my face as I smiled. I was finally 21~! It seemed just yesterday that Onew and I were toddlers, running around the school's playground. This made me stop and wonder what Onew had planned for me. He's always been so caring and thoughtful. I just couldn't wait.
 
When I was done with my cup of coffee, I decided to make some breakfast for Onew, too. As I made breakfast, all I could think of was how it was going to be the best birthday ever.
 
Or so I thought..
 

Onew's P.O.V.

I, sat up slowly from my bed. I stretched and turned to my side. It was empty. I lived with my girlfriend and it was a shocking surprise not to see her in bed that day. I was the one who tended to wake her up. Even though Chung Hae was sweet, caring, and altogether charmingly beautiful, she was the lazy type and she'd usually wake up after noon if she had nothing important to do. And as far as I knew, she didn't have anything important to do today. I shrugged this off, though, as I stood up from bed and went into the bathroom. I scratched my head, deep in thought as I brushed my teeth.
 
'I think I'm forgetting something.. It's not my pants, though' I looked down, then back up 'Nop, definitely not my pants... Then what is it? I sure hope it was nothing important'
 
I  spit the remaining toothpaste in my mouth and shrugged once again. . 'Probably not that important' I thought as I walked out of my bedroom door.
 
But I had no idea..
 

 

Chung Hae's P.O.V
 
I could hear Onew's footsteps as he walked closer to me. I closed my eyes and smiled. Here it comes, the best part of my birthday. I acted oblivious towards his prescence and continued to fry eggs and sausages for breakfast as I hummed a catchy tune. I felt Onew's arm wrapped around my waist. I smiled.
 
"Smells good." Onew muttered against my ear. "Tonight's special, you know?"
 
Here it comes. He's probably going to invite me to a romantic dinner by the beach. Or maybe to that fancy restaurant we'd been planning to go to for months. Maybe he'll cook tonight. No, wait. Scratch that. The kitchen would explode.
 
"Really?" I managed to say, hiding the excitement in my voice.
 
"Mhmm" he said 
 
"Can I know why?" I asked
 
"I will see my favorite soccer team kick tonight~!" Onew said and fist bumped the air, letting go of my waist. 
 
My heart dropped. Soccer game? That's why it's so special? I turned to look at him. I cracked a smile. He was obviously lying. He had to be.
 
"Good one, darling" I said and turned back to my cooking.
 
"What do you mean good one? I didn't say anything funny.. I mean I didn't try to.." Onew said as his voice trailed off.
 
No. He really doesn't remember. I felt my heart sink again and shatter to pieces. I didn't look at him. I couldn't. I let a tear fall. I wiped it away quickly.
 
 
He had forgotten. He had forgotten my birthday.
 
 
For the rest of the morning, I couldn't bare look at him, let alone talk to him. I served him his food, which he ate like a happy child. I silently walked up to our room and layed in my bed. I was so worn out and it wasn't even noon yet. How could he have forgotten a day so special like that? That's when I decided I needed to leave. I needed to get away from here. 
 

Onew's P.O.V

Chung Hae seemed quiet the entire morning. I was planning on asking her what was wrong but I just shook it off. She probably didn't want to be bothered by it. But I was surprised when I heard the front door slam shut. I walked out of our house and saw her driving off the front porch without waving or mouthing a single word.

This is when I started to panic. Had I done something wrong? She looked mad and that's probably why she gave me the cold shoulder all morning. I had seriously done something wrong. Maybe it had something to do with that thing I had forgotten. 

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the bell ring. I ran to the door and opened it. My friends, Key, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho were standing in the front door, big smiles on their faces, as they held baskets filled with chocolate, teddy bears, balloons, and flowers.

"Hi hyung~! Is Chung Hae home?" Taemin asked

I scratched my head. "She recently left.. What's all that stuff?" 

"It's for her, duh~!" Key exclaimed "Special gifts for a special girl"

"But.. what's the ocassion?" I asked

My friends's jaws dropped.

"Hyung, he is not serious" Minho said

"I think he's serious" Key said

"Our leader is not that dumb, guys" Jonghyun said

"I am right here~! Could you stop it with that nonsense and tell me what I forgot?" I asked, losing my patience.

"Hyung.. It's Chung Hae's birthday today" Taemin said giving me the most disappointed look he'd ever had.