The Mailbox

We Got Married!

 

Sighing quite heavily, you jumped out of the van, intending to head straight to bed and never get up from there. It had been a very stressful day with having to stay on a variety show set for 14 hours of filming. All you needed now was to rip off the outfit you had on and just jump into bed.

Unfortunately for you though, your manager has a different plan for you.  As soon as you got out, there was a camera right on your face, literally following your every movement. You moved a step to the left, and immediately they moved a step to the right. Frowning at that, you took bigger step to the right, trying to avoid the lens and without fail, they did the same, still having the camera focused entirely on you. Completely shocked at the sudden intrusion of your privacy, you turned wide eyed to your smirking manager.

“Jil ah what is this? Why are they here?” You asked the older woman. She was keeping in her laughter as she watched you squirm at having so many cameras so close to you.

Your manager had the nerve to ignore you and just shrug her shoulders. Pursuing your lips, you glared at you her. No matter how much you loved that woman, sometimes she can really get under your skin.

So not getting any help from her, you turned to the multiple cameramen in front of you.

“Any chance I can get an answer from any of you since my manager has decided to keep shut at the moment?” You asked hopefully. And as you predicted, none of the cameramen even acknowledge that you directed a question towards them. They kept silent and went about their way of filming you in every angle possible.

You sighed in disappointment at the lack of people helping you. Looking around, you spotted what seemed to be a white mailbox a few feet away from you. Now you knew for sure that a mailbox was not there in the morning you left your condo.

Looking around and noticing that all eyes were on you, you took a small step towards the mailbox. When no one said anything, you took more steps until you were right in front of it. And the swarm of cameramen was once again taking no head to your personal bubble and continued to film you up close as you reached for the mailbox.

Opening it up, you flinched a little, expecting something to jump out of there because of the way people were reacting. When noting jumped onto you, you frowned in confusions once again.

“Seriously what is this?” You asked no one in particular. And as it was, no one gave you an answer.

“I feel like I’m talking to air with the way no one seems to answer any of my questions.” You joked a little. Finally giving up on trying to get someone to talk to you, you looked inside the mailbox only to find a letter.

Laughing a little at yourself you said out loud what you were thinking. “Of course mail would be in a mailbox. What else was I thinking could be there?” Shaking your head, you pulled out the plain white envelope and saw that your name was clearly written on it.

Turning it over, you pulled open the flap and took the piece of paper in there.

Today is when your life changes. Give this to your driver and he knows where to take you.

Turning the note around, your eyebrows furrowed in confusion at not finding anything else in it. You ce again to your manager, about to ask her what you were suppose to do. But before you even got the question out, she was already opening the van door for you.

“Get in and follow the directions really well. Good luck Mina!” She smiled brightly at your confused expression. But when she did not say anything else to you, you followed her instructions and immediately got into the van. You expected her to get on right after you but all she did was step back and let one of the cameramen in along with you.

“Jil ah, you’re just going to abandon me to these strangers?” You asked in exaggerated horror. You manager, used to your jokes, just grinned hugely at you and crossed her arms.

“I do believe I am. Now bye!” And with that, the van door was shut and the driver started the engine, heading in a direction you know nothing about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting out of the van, Minho was the first one to see all of the cameras recording then. As the other members started piling out of the van, they all became curious, asking questions about what the cameras were doing.

“What is this for? Manager how come you didn’t tell us any of this!” Jonghyun asked as he was looking around, trying to figure out what exactly was happening.

“Are we going to be in a documentary?” Onew asked excited.

“Or maybe another variety show?” Key added. The other members looked at Key, agreeing with that.

“We probably are!” Jonghyun had a huge smile on his face at the thought of that. “Now why didn’t our Manager tell us anything about this? There is something suspicious.” Minho added thoughtfully. He glanced at their manager and noticed that he wasn’t even looking at any of the members. His sole focus was on Taemin, who was just enjoying a milkshake.

That was when Key finally noticed what appeared to be mailbox a few feet away from that.

“I know what this show is going to be!” He shouted out.

“One of us are getting married!”

“Open it!” Jonghyun screamed out as all of the five members went to where the mailbox was. The excitement was quite palpable after Key’s findings. Without any further prodding from s, Key pulled open the mailbox. With childish happiness, you took the expected envelope out of the mailbox.

He was too excited he barely even waited for the other members to have a good look of the letter before he went about trying to open it.

Onew’s good vision stopped Key from going further than pulling the flap open. He read who the letter was addressed to and groaned in absolute disappointment.

“Key stop. That letter is not for you.” That immediately got the other four’s attention.

“What do you mean it’s not for me?” Key asked in indignation. He wanted to read and see what it said. There were all sorts of thoughts running around in his head but what was foremost was which of the members would soon become a husband.

“Turn the letter over.” Following Onew’s instruction, Key almost shouted out in extreme unhappiness at reading the name written on it.

Lee Taemin

The other members saw the name written on it, and immediately all eyes were peering at their maknae.

“Ah seriously?! Him? The youngest one is the first one to be married! Ugh!” Jonghyun said with a huge pout on his face. He wanted to be the one to appear on the show. He wanted to meet a girland be able to act like a couple with her!

Taemin’s eyes were wide open and his mouth as agape in shock at seeing his name on that letter. He immediately let go of his milkshake and reached out to grab the letter out of Key’s hands. Key, still a bit upset that it wasn’t for him, reluctantly gave it to Taemin.

“Come on! Why can’t it be me!” He said in huff as he watched Taemin pull the note out of the envelope. On it was just one sentence that caused a confused frown to appear on Taemin’s face.

Today is when your life is going to change, so get into the car and head to your future.

He turned to look at their manager, only to find him back to where their van is.

“Get in Taemin-ah!” He motioned for Taemin to hurry up and get inside and without argument; Taemin did as he was told. Hopping into the van without question, he looked at his manager, waiting for him to explain the situation. Unfortunately for him, his manager promised to keep things under wraps.

“Just follow the directions Taemin and you will have no problem at getting where you need to go.” Was all his manager said before a cameraman got on the van.

“Wait how about the other hyungs?” Taemin asked in confusion as his manager was on his way of closing up the door.

“They won’t be joining you this time around.” And with that, the door was slammed closed. The driver wasted no time in starting up the car and driving to their intended destination. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

And Taemin and Mina are on their way to meet each other! Please comment below and tell me if I should keep this going! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this first chapter. :D