Prologue - The Forgotten Beginning

Swan Lake

 

“Seize him at once!” A man growled exasperatedly. His cloak hung disheveled and tethered on it’s ends. No guards moved, no sounds came as a response; just silence. Minho cursed to himself. It seemed although Rain’s deadly paralysis spell had already taken effect.

“Darling, what’s going o-,” The frail woman’s voice faltered near the end, trembling to stillness as she stepped into the room. Could she have been so oblivious as to walk into such danger?
This couldn’t be who she thought it was, could it? Her arms tightened protectively around the bundle bringing the newborn closer to her.

She turned around to escape from the scene until she was stopped by a seducing voice and a frigid claw resting itself like ice on her shoulder.
“Who is this here today? A new addition to the family?” Rain huskily breathed, circling the frail woman as he spoke. The King could only cringe at the close-proximity between his nervous wife and the sorcerer.


“Teleportation is abuse of your powers. Have you no shame Rain? This Black Magic, since when’d you become so foul?” Minho strained in indignation. His heart was weary, and he knew that the quarrel had lasted longer than needed.

Rain smirked mirthlessly. Watching others slaving away in their own misery had always been pleasurable. The King was one good example of it. Pretending to be clean and pure with no corruption. He knew he had, it was the bare concealment of his sins that he found detestable. He hated hypocrisy.

“Rain, you step away from my wife!” Minho rested his callous hands on the ends of the hilt. The guards slowly lapsed out of their trances and fell into a defence formation, raising their spears. The clatter of metal didn’t seem to distress Rain one bit.

“Okay then,” he chuckled slyly. With a quick fluid jeer of his arm he forcefully ripped the baby from the Queen’s arms.
“Then I’ll just take your precious daughter!” The Queen cried out in distress, clinging onto the sorcerer’s midnight shawl, shaking desperately.
“Spare my baby! Spare my child! Please! My baby girl!” She sobbed desperately. Immediately his face contorted to a disgusted one, forcefully sprawling the frail woman to the marble ground. The King’s heart wavered from it’s beat seeing his wife injured. The ballroom was filled with an overbearing aura of malice.
“Now, now, the fun hasn’t even started yet” he sneered, holding the child precariously in his arms.

“I command that thee shall come, destruction shall prevail to thee.....” His chant began, wiping all the ushers of the guards to silence. Rain’s cold voice sent a jolt through the anxious spectator’s hearts. Slowly from his palms a sickly virescent light illuminated, penetrating the darkness that ate at the room. He directed his spell towards the King, the crooks of his mouth twitching with pleasure. 


King Shin stood motionless, settling into a balanced stance; readying for the impact.
“Any lasts words?” The King stood nonchalantly glaring with defiance burning in his eyes. This was no fun for Rain if he wasn’t going to plead.
The charge was finally done, and now the light was a blinding pea green. The guards turned from the sight in disdain, shielding their eyes.
“Goodbye then, Shin Minho.” The blast was powerful, unthreading the velvet blinds and shattering the windows.


The King immediately reacted,with his fast reflexes; unsheathing his sword out of its scabbard. Swinging it with one motion, the spell rebounded from his sword. The force so strong that he nearly tumbled over, if it had lingered for a second longer he knew he would have collapsed.

Gripping the hilt more tightly, he persevered with the ; turning his knuckles a pale white.
The light bolted back like lightning, crackling as it flew back straight to Rain. The collision was very large as the spell came in contact with him, sending the baby out of his hands. Thankfully Yuri dived after the child, ushering it with soft whispers as it broke into a ear-piercing cry.


Rain’s body collided with the center wall, causing a large rupture to course through the structure with visible granules of dust aloft, sinking towards the ground.
Rain, bloodied and bruised heaved himself up. He once again raised his arm, attempting to quell his hand’s involuntary convulsion. The light dwindled faintly, only to sink back into his pores. “Curse you! My powers!” He seethed, hissing as he limped forward. His wandering eyes found themselves attracted to the maternal affection before him, two meters away.


“Don’t even think about it Rain!” Minho sped towards the bleeding figure, leaping to decapitate his foe, once and for all. In a misty fog like smoke, the sorcerer vanished into thin air, only leaving the projection of Rain’s haunting voice.


“I promise you, I’ll be back. If not me, then my children. I will never let prosperity fall on your kingdom!” With that, all his entity had been erased, leaving only the memory of his evocative crimson eyes glimmering spitefully without mercy. 


The woman’s shivering legs broke the tense silence as her kneecaps made small harsh bony cracks by buckling one another.
“Darling” “We're goi...going t-to be f-f-ine ri..ri-ght!?” her voice choked as she gasped for air, tears already staining her petite face.
“Our ba-baby .. going ...sa-safe..neh..! neh!” she cried desperately, pulling the baby firmly up to her chest.
“Of course, of course she’ll be safe” The king rubbed her back soothingly, his hands bringing comfort to her.

~ Years passed, and no signs of Rain’s return were detected. And as more time passed, the more their memories dissipated of that dreadful night;

 although nothing had ever happened

Henceforth, the forgotten memory was forgotten  ~

 


Author's Notes (Littletoomuch):

- Thank you everyone for subscribing!! We hope this didn't disappoint. It was probably boring to read too. -__-' We apologise if the vocab or the way it's written hasn't lived up to your expectations. It's a project to help us with writing, and we're very motivated to get to the end, so please stay tuned for the next chapter!

Please leave a comment!! :)

@ kai-ah - Thank you soo much for your comment! We're trying out best to live up to your expectations! And same here! The Swan Princess was my childhood too. :') 

@ hongstarandme - We miss you already!! Please stay safe!