Today

Let's Play a Game...

It never ends with goodbye.

Present Day, 6 years after.

_ _ _

Train ride to Seoul.

*Sigh, time to go back to Seoul, I wonder how my little devil is..* You rested your head on the train compartment’s window, let out a sigh and fell asleep. It’s been 6 years, that little girl that was scared of boys, had grown up to become a very beautiful teen, but alas you were still scared of  one word.

Boys.

A ride from Busan took about 3 hours. Each and every hour you began to reminisce memories about your old “home” with Daehyun, all the laughs, the crying, the smiling, the heart fluttering. You started to redden you remembered your little “crush” on Daehyun. You turned to the corner to cover your blushing face from your parents, who had been done with their science project and returned to  their “normal” lives. *Heh, Daehyun’s probably a loser. I’ll just laugh at him when I see him* You just scoffed and turned your head from the corner to the window to see the lush scenery outside.

2 hours.

1 hour.

CHOO-CHOO, the train stopped abruptly. The conductor announced that everyone had arrived and to take their things from the upper compartments.

“Binnie, me and Umma are going to get a trolley first so just take your stuff and wait outside for us.” Your Dad huffed after heaving his suitcase as well as pulling down your umma’s suitcase which was two times bigger than your dad’s and yours combined.

“Arraso” you said simply without looking at them and tried to take your luggage down. Hopping, jumping but you couldn’t reach it, then you had the idea you decided to stand on the train seat and grab it.

Still the same as ever you jumped on the seat, tried to grab the suitcase. And woops, Clumsy Su Bin came again. Right before you were about to fall, someone grabbed your waist, while you were ever so gracefully flapping your arm in midair. *EH?? WHO THE HELL IS THIS AND WHY ARE THEY HOLDING MY WAIST? PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A GIRL NOT A BOY* You thought internally screaming, speechless to the stranger.

“Um, excuse me Miss but I have somewhere to go, can I let you go?” the boy said.*OH DAMN, IT’S A BOY KILL ME NOW* He was still holding onto you waiting for your reply.

Without a reply, you jumped out of his arms and saw him,

 you then just ran outside the train, without your case, just to get as far away from that boy. You finally got outside of the train and tried to look for your parents while you were frantically murmuring to yourself. 

 “Why in the hell did it have to be a boy? Why have you forsaken me? Why did he have a mask? Was he a ert? UGH.” you huffed.  You looked at the sky, as if you expected it to answer you.

You met with your parents and got a cab ride to your new house in Seoul, which just happened to be in the across from the Jung's neighborhood. “Honey, are you ready to go to school tomorrow?” your mom asked. “Yeah, I hear its very exclusive, we got you into the best school in the nation, Perfected Academy” you dad began to blabber. *Ugh this is going to be a long car ride.* you just turned to the window and tuned out your parents. 

In neighborhood.

The taxi pulled out to the curb of your new house, which was pretty impressive because of your parent’s high salaries. 

The drive let out a low whistle and in awe said, “You guys are pretty well off, well thanks for the ride. It comes up to 50,000 won.” Your parents paid him, took out the luggage then started to roll the suitcases toward the large house. You went out of the cab, opened the trunk to get your suitcase and a whole 360 turn, your mouth fully agape.

“Yah, Binnie, bring in your luggage and come look at the new home!” your dad huffed as he heaved your mother’s immensely large suitcase.

“Arraso, appa!” not turning around to answer and just shouted to what seemed like no one. You just needed moment to take in all of this, *Damn I did not think that umma and appa were this rich*. After your “little moment” you sprinted into your house and marveled at its beauty again. *So many surprises. *

Your parents came hand in hand to the living room where you were at chuckled simultaneously. “Binnie if your mouth gets any bigger, you might be able to swallow a whale.” You dad stifled his laughter. However your mom had a bit different reaction: “ Bin-ah, a lady is supposed to have better posture, please close your mouth.” she wasn’t that serious however, you could tell when she bursted out in laughter, joining your father. 

*Aish, you guys are so lame.* You thought lovingly as you started shaking your head at your childish parents, and joined their laughfest. 

After laughing with your parents, they allowed you to pick your room, as well as to explore your vast house. You checked all the rooms on the first floor and didn't like any of them. You began to walk up the stairs and you remembered what your parents had reminded you before you left to look for a room. 

Earlier

"Since we thought you were old enough, and mature enough, we decided that if you liked none of the rooms on the first floor, that you could have the east wing of second floor.", your dad said as your mother gave an approving nod. 

Back

*Assa!* you thought as you raised your hand to show a "score" motion. *Thank you umma and appa.* You then hurriedly climbed up the stairs and ran into the east wing. You stared at the hallway right before your eyes, and began checking the rooms. 

One by one, you found that in the east wing, it was as if your parents knew that you wouldn't like the first floor rooms. There were bathrooms, closets, a studyroom, games, and many more. But you suddenly reached the last room in the corridor and instantly knew that this would be your room. 

You opened the door and before you knew it, your mouth could fit a blue whale. Closing it fast, and then running into your room, you did a happy dance, jumped around, basically bouncing from wall to wall. *SARANGHAE UMMA. SARANGHAE APPA!!* 

 

That night, you bid your parents a goodnight, after packing your things away and went to dream far off in a land of happiness. But as you tried to sleep with all your might, you couldn't stop thinking about someone. "Ugh, why can't I sleep?" you mumbled as you twisted and turned, beginning to get frustrated. But you knew alright, that "someone". 

*Jung Daehyun

Daehyun

My little devil* 

Then you remembered, you were going to school tomorrow. In hopes of seeing Daehyun at this school, you slept to get your "beauty sleep" to show off to Daehyun how amazing you were. *Yah, Jung Daehyun. You better be a student at my new school.* And with that you slept, thinking of how to surprise your old crush.

Next Morning

You woke up extremely early on your first day of school (a.k.a. 6 a.m), you prepared yourself for an amazing first impression, but still you did not want to meet any boys. *I want to look pretty, but not too nice. That would attract boys.* You sighed inwardly. After you were done, you went downstairs to see your parents already sitting down and consuming their breakfasts. 

"Good Morning Binnie, I hope you had a nice rest?" your dad said while reading the papers intensely. (meaning he was reading the comics)

"Good morning~", you chirped and said in a sing-song tone, "I slept very well." and kissed him on his cheek. You then turned to your mother, who was making breakfast, gave her a backhug, a peck on the cheek, said your good morning and took your leave with a piece of toast in your mouth as you ran out the door. 

Your dad told you that school started at 8:30 a.m, and that it happened to be only a few blocks from your house. With that you concocted a plan. Since you left your house at 7:15, you planned to show up at Daehyun's house to see if he could recognize you. You then made your journey to the opposite of the road into Jang-Mi Estates. Your energy surged up another level with each step you took, until you went to the house that used to be your home. 

You began to reminisce the memories inside this house. All those times with the Jungs. Those times with Daehyun. The day he saved you. The day you developed your crush on him. All of those days. Still fresh as if they were embeded inside this house. 

But as you took a step closer, but saw a sign in the corner. In big black letters it read:

HOUSE FOR SALE, CURRENTLY NO OCCUPATION. 

You took a few steps back and your eyes widened. You began to shake your head rapidly. *No, no, no, no. It's not possible. They couldn't have moved. No. Daehyun. My devil.* Tears began to fill your eyes and you backed so far away you fell of the curb. You just sat there. 

*Where is my jerk. Where is my Daehyun?* You thought in disbelief, as you just crouched in a ball and wiped your tears away.

This wasn't the best start for your first day of school.

_ _  _

Heh, so much suspence. There's a part 2~

Hope you had a nice time reading! Thanks~