No need for a second mother

One Big Crazy Family
 
“Umma!” Taemin cried, “Key is bossing me around again.” Their mother watched the two. Key was leaning to the wall, playing with her hair. While Taemin was tugging his mothers sleeve like a little child, forgetting that he is actually 19 years old already.
 
“Key?” their mother asked. As expected was this enough for her to start telling her side of the story. “Umma, you told me to care for Taeminnie. So that was just what I was doing. Besides he acts like a four-year-old child, so how do you expect me to react to him? Well, and you also -”
 
“Key! You liar! I’m totally acting to my age.”
 
“Yeah right! And that’s why you where tugging umma’s sleeve,” Key let out a mean high laugh. Taemin quickly removed his hand away from their mothers arm. He blushed.
 
“However, I don’t need another mother! One is more than enough!” their mother didn’t know if she could interpret this in a good way or not. Taemin noticed this and gave his mother a hug. Key smirked.
 
“You don’t mind it when I cook for you or iron your clothes.” Taemin rolled with his eyes. He saw it as normal that is older sister did that for him when their mother wasn’t around. “And a thank you once every while would be nice. You never do that, but when Onew brings some chicken home, you always thank him for sharing.” Key nagged. The one thing she was the best in.
 
“Onew sharing his chicken is something really rare to see, so yeah… And you only cook for me because umma asked you to do so. She doesn’t want me to eat ramen all the time.” This was true, but the lack of gratitude still hurt Key. She did like to cook for Taemin and really put in a lot of effort.
“So what do you think, Umma?” They both turn their head and saw that their mother already was trying to sneak out of the room, silently. She did not wish to hear more of her daughters nagging and her sons whining. She loved them to dead, but was really glad that they were living at the dorm for most of the time.
 
“Well,” she was searching for the right words. She didn’t want to choose a side. “I did ask Key to take care of you, but a thank you wouldn’t hurt at all. So do that next time.” Key was smiling, thinking that their mother chose her side, but she was wrong.
 
“And you,” She looked at her daughter, “don’t have to say Taemin what to do. I’m more than capable of that as the mother. You only have to call me.” She had whispered the last part.
 
“So, give each other a hug.” As two well-behaved kids they did what their mother told them to do, but then Taemin broke of the hug. He remembered something.
 
“Mom, please tell noona to keep the scissors away from my face.” Their mother was startled. “Whattt….?! Key-ah, what is he talking about? Why are holding some dangerous sharp thing near the face of your dongsaeng?!” she demanded.
 
“Well, you told me that you totally disliked his long hair and that I should do something about it,” Key shrugged her shoulders as if it were nothing.
 
“That’s true, but…” their mother couldn’t deny that. Taemin was staring at her with big eyes as if he couldn’t believe it. “It was for the album promotions! I can’t help it that the stylists put extensions in my hair.”
 
“But my son has longer hair than my daughter. Even the neighbors are getting confused about which one of my kids my daughter is.” Their mother was shaking with her head. Those neighbors have always been really annoying, but her best friend had said the same thing.
 
“I can’t help it that I was born with this face.” Key was just watching the whole happening with an evil smile. She found it amusing.
 
“I know, sweetie, I know.” She didn’t want to bicker with her own son. She turned to Key who suddenly had changed the kind of smile on her face. “Next time you should do something like this when Taemin is sleeping.”
 
“That’s exactly what I did,” Key snickered, earning a furious look from her little brother.