The Agreement

Can't Choose Either Of You

Chapter 2

The Agreement

 

~Author’s POV~

Kim Dong Soo sat in his office at Seoul Crystal Hotel, his eyes scanning the piece of paper in his hands. It was a proposal from his friend since high school, asking if they would push through with the marriage between Jin Hee and his son.

Dong Soo’s friend, Hyun Tae, was an ordinary man. He and his family were living a simple life. However, he and Dong Soo made an agreement, when they were both still in the university, to have their children married to each other. Hyun Tae was reminding Dong Soo through a proposal, and it was the first time after 20 years that he had made contact with Dong Soo again.

“Jin Hee.” Dong Soo whispered. “And Lee Ho Won?”

He lifted the picture which was sent along with the paper. It was a photo of Hyun Tae’s second son, Lee Ho Won. He was around three years older than Jin Hee, but he did look decent in Dong Soo’s eyes. Besides, Hyun Tae himself said that Ho Won was the best son he could offer to be married with Jin Hee.

He pulled out his phone from his front pocket and dialed Hyun Tae's number. “Hyun Tae-shii.” He said through the phone. “Drop by my office later at three. We shall talk about your proposal.”

--------------

Jin Hee sat in class, listening attentively to the professor, and jotting down important notes as fast as she could. She was seated right beside the window, but she did not notice that Ljoe was outside, staring at her as he stood under the shade of a tree.

Why do you have to be so beautiful? Ljoe wondered. And bipolar. He chuckled at his own silent joke. Ah chincha. I really shouldn’t be here right now. He tried to make himself turn around and leave the campus, but his eyes were glued on the girl he loved.

Knowing that Jin Hee’s phone was always on vibrate mode, he decided to send her a text message to let her know that he was there.

“Jin Hee-shii, look out your window.” – Ljoe Oppa

Jin Hee did as she was told, and saw Ljoe staring up at her with a huge smile plastered on his face. She couldn’t help but smile back, quickly sending him a reply.

“How did you get in?” – Jin Hee <3

Ljoe winked at her as he sent her another text.

“I told the guard I had to attend to you. Everybody seems to know you here.” – Ljoe Oppa

Jin Hee rolled her eyes and sent him one last text.

“Meanie. You’re such a liar!” – Jin Hee <3

Jin Hee stuck her tongue out at Ljoe, and gestured him to leave. Ljoe nodded, and ran off.

--------------

“I’m not forcing you to agree, Dong Soo.” Hyun Tae said as he placed his cup of coffee on the table. “I know you probably already have someone in mind, but I was just thinking of the possibilities.”

Dong Soo smiled at him and reached across the table to pat his shoulder. “I definitely do not have anyone I want for Jin Hee right now. I haven’t even thought of her having a boyfriend yet.

Hyun Tae raised his eyebrows questioningly. “Doesn’t she have suitors? I mean, Jin Hee must be popular among teenagers!”

Dong Soo shrugged. “We’re a bit. . . protective of our only girl. Ji Sik and I get home late because of work, while her brothers are always away. No one isn’t even there to watch over her. We can’t easily trust any guy being with her in the house.” He took a sip of his coffee before speaking again. “Although I am curious if she fancies anyone.”

“Hasn’t she gone out with anyone?” Hyun Tae asked. “Or maybe got close with someone?”

“None that I know of.” Dong Soo said. “Except for Ljoe.”

“Ljoe?”

“Her personal bodyguard. She’s been pretty comfortable with him lately. That’s the closest to a guy I’ve seen her, besides Joon Myeon and Jong In.” Dong Soo explained.

“I thought Ljoe was a friend.” Hyun Tae laughed.

“Ani! How can my daughter be friends with one of our workers? I wouldn’t even think about that.” Dong Soo chuckled. “We definitely set limits between our children and our workers.”

Dong Soo held his hand out, offering it to Hyun Tae. “When shall we discuss the marriage?”


Please leave your comments! :))