Chapter 2

Dessert Romance

 

Luhan's POV

 

“Luhan, remember to lock up” Baekhyun flung me the keys.

 

“Yeah, whatever”

 

“So... See you tomorrow?”

 

“Duh... And remember to go easy on the eyeliner. We won't want another complaint about us being unhygenic” He then nodded and walked out the cafe. Finally, alone. I plugged in my earpiece and started cleaning the tables, one by one. “我们要这样不再看彼此的眼神吗?不再对我讲话吗?不再说你爱我吗?~ (Chinese lyrics of MAMA)”

 

就算受了伤,

 

眼泪也如雨地下,

 

改变就更美好,

 

改变就能达到,

 

告诉我MAMA MAMA.

 

“Eh? What's this?” I studied the cover of the sketchbook carefully. 'Oh Sehun's Art Sketchbook'. Oh Sehun? What a weird name... Guess he left this behind. Well, too bad for him. I shrugged and flung the book to the trash bin, not caring about it the whole while.

 

Growlll.... “Aish, I knew I should've eaten lunch... Wait... There's some crème brulee left in the fri-” I caught sight of the notebook. There was something really intriguing about it but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. I hesitated for a moment. Argghhh.... Who gives a damn anyway? I picked it up and turned it to the next page. Is that a picture of... Milk? Below it was a small poem.

 

Milk from school

 

Top grade milk

 

When you drink the milk it has a rich taste

 

In the winter milk is aromatic

 

Milk with calcium

 

Double the times better than normal milk

 

Milk with 8g fat

 

I stared at it with confusion. What. The. . I don't even- Whatttt? This Sehun guy sounds like a weirdo. I proceeded to flip the page until...

 

BAM!!

 

“YAHH!!! What are you doing?!” A man or boy, who looked about 18, screamed between pants. His hair was in a mess, his face covered in sweat. I looked closely and observed his tongue running out, a part of his lips.

 

“Oh, so you're the idiot who left this behind? I see”

 

“HEYY!! Don't be so rude to your hyung”

 

“Hyung? Excuse me, I'm 22 and working” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Jinjja? But you look so much like a cute baby” He mockingly said, reaching out to pinch my cheeks but luckily, I dodged his fingers in time and glared at him. What did he say?! I hated it when people judged me by my baby face and white skin, I downright hated it. It wasn't my fault I was born with such flawless looks right?

 

“Hey, I don't even know you that well. Paws off” I opened the book again, flipping to where I last left off, not caring if he was still there. His eyes widened as he launched forward to desperately grab the book out of my hands.

 

“YAHHH!!! Stop it and mind your own business. Have you ever heard of curiosity killed the cat?” He shut the book and stuffed it into his bag hurriedly.

 

“Yeah, but do I look like a cat to you? And what's the big deal anyway. Get out. I have to close the shop now” I pushed him aside, packing my bags. He pulled open the door but stopped in his tracks.

 

“What are you waiting for? Out. Now”

 

“F-Fine”

 

When the sounds of footsteps started fading, I hung my bag over my shoulder and headed for the door. What the... I felt a drop of water land on my hair. I looked up, eyes only to be met with more water droplets streaming down my face. Instinctively, I took out an umbrella. No wonder he was hesitant to exit... Aish!! Why am I so stupid? I took out a handkerchief, wiping off the excess water on my face. Should I go find him? I feel bad all of a sudden- Wait, who cares if he gets drenched anyway? It's not as if I know him that well. And with that, I walked down the familiar streets of Myeongdong while humming along to a meddly of my favourite songs.

 

“I lost my mind~” The subway station is to the left according to that sign and- Wait, is that... Sehun? Upon closer inspection, I saw a trembling figure below a nearby shelter which strangely resembled him. From the messy hair to black sneakers, it was all the same. Who cares anyway? I turned around, walking off but after a few steps, I stopped. He's lucky I have a conscience...

 

“Here” I passed my umbrella to him.

 

“W-Why would you want to help me anyway, brat?”

 

“Just go before I take it back”

 

“Fine, pushy” He walked away from the shelter , holding the umbrella over his head while I immediately took out my spare umbrella. “Hey” He continued and I looked up. What do you want now? You've got the umbrella already.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Um... Thanks” Step by step, Sehun's silhouette slowly disappeared into the distance.