Chapter 1

Dessert Romance

 

Sehun's POV

 

“I am not going to the damn cafe Jongin!! I still have an overdue art project, you know?”

 

“Please? For me? Kyungsoo works there. And when did you care about schoolwork?” Jongin told me, dragging me by the wrist.

 

“No, I will not- HEY!!!” Before I knew it, I was being carried by a gigantic, smiling giraffe also known as Chanyeol.

 

“FINE!! But I can walk you know?”

 

“Whatever” And Chanyeol dropped me, LITERALLY DROPPED ME ON THE COLD, HARD FLOOR. Dammit you guys... If you weren't my friends I would-

 

“Welcome to EXO cafe~ How may I help you?” A wide-eyed boy smiled at me and Jongin.

 

“Hi Kyungsoo” He put his arm over Kyungsoo's shoulder, who was currently mopping the floor.

 

“What are you doing here, Jong?”

 

“I just-” And there they went, rattling on and on about their everyday lives and stuff while I admired the interior design. There were little wooden chairs everywhere, with unicorns hanging from the wall. Flower pots were settled near each window, with a television on the wall. The ceilings were white in colour, huge fans hanging from it. There were panda, deer and dragon plushies strewn everywhere on the fur carpets that it seemed like a kid's paradise. Perfect. I took a seat near the table opposite the kitchen, where the aroma of fresh pastry and desserts filled the air.

 

“HEYYY!!!” Chanyeol sat beside me, 'whispering' into my ear.

 

“WOULD YOU STOP THAT ALREADY?!” By that time, the whole cafe was looking at us. I smiled shyly and moved closer to him. “What do you want?!”

 

“Well... Aside from that pie there, I WANT SOME BACON!!!”

 

“SHHHHHHHHH!!! What?! What bacon?! This is a damn cafe Chanyeol, not a restaurant or burger joint” He simply shook his head and directed my vision to a tiny-looking boy over at the counter.

 

“Baek... Hyun?”

 

“WHAT?!!! YOU KNOW HIM?!!” He put his hand over his 'o'-shaped mouth, pretending to be shocked. I rolled my eyes at his childishness and smacked him across the cheek.

 

“SHUT UP YOU BIG IMBECILE!!! And yes, I know him. He's an art student too” I took out my sketchbook and a pencil, starting to draw an exact replica of the cafe.

 

“Wait... So he studies at our campus too? OMGOMGOMG Sehun, do you know what this means?! It means- Hey, what'cha doing?” Chanyeol definitely calmed down after that slap. (well, maybe just a little)

 

“We're supposed to draw our 'paradise' for art. I figured this was the perfect place as it has the most-”

 

“BLAH BLAH BLAH. Not your art stuff thingies again. I'll go talk to Baekkie~ See ya” And with that, he disappeared to Baekhyun's side. Kids these days... Then, I took up my pencil and continued drawing.

 

A few minutes later...

 

“Baby don't cry, tonight~ hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm” I hummed along as I added some finishing touches to my drawing.

 

“And... Done..” I glanced over the whole cafe. Jongin was flirting with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun was busy laughing at Chanyeol's clumsiness... What's new? I took a sip of my Caramel Latte, looking at my masterpiece. Not bad...

 

“Hi Sehun, Jongin and I will be going now. Do you want to follow us?” Kyungsoo asked, pulling his apron off and placing it on the rack. In the background, Jongin was shaking his head and signalling an 'x'.

 

“Ermm... You guys go ahead. I'm not done with my latte yet” I smiled and Kyungsoo simply nodded.

 

“Sure, anyway Chanyeol's still here” The duo waved goodbye to me and left. Ahh... What should I do now? I looked around me, there was nothing but empty tables. From the corner of my eye, I spotted a figure behind the kitchen door.

 

It was a man- wait, no, Boy to be exact, with blonde hair, deer-like eyes and a small pair of lips. He was picture perfect. Without further ado, I started drawing the exact scene in front of me down on my paper. Every movement he made, captured in black and white. The way he kneaded the dough, mixed the ingredients and stared with self-satisfaction, as he- What am I saying? Stupid stupid...

 

“WHOOOO~ What's that?” Chanyeol startled me from behind, pointing at my drawing.

 

“N-Nothing” I shut the book, blushing furiously. “Mind your own business, nosy giraffe”

 

“HEY!!! I didn't say anything, did I? You have such a guilty conscience. Who's that guy on your book?” He beamed, grinning from ear to ear.

 

“He's my imaginary friend, Bob” I grabbed my bag. “Let's go”

 

“Fine, pushy”

 

“Did I ever tell you how much I hated you?”

 

“Whatever~ Bye Baekkie~” He waved at the boy, exitting the cafe.

 

“Aww... You two look so cute together” I gagged on my saliva, pretending to vomit.

 

“Thanks!! Hey, can I see your drawings for a while?”

 

“Sure, but don't do anything else if I-” I dug through my bag, deeper and deeper but to no avail. What if...

 

“OH MY GOSH!! I LEFT IT IN THE CAFE!!!”