What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. - Richard Wilbur

Scarred & Forgotten

[Xiumin]

"Minseok-ah, when are you just going to return home?" My mother asked over the line, as I heaved a sigh. "I already told you that I don't plan on coming home any time soon. It's a very difficult situation right now," I answered back, but heard her yap some more.

"I told you that if you wanted to come home, then your father and I will buy you a plane ticket. We don't want to hear your hurtful stories anymore. Come home!" My mother legitimately shouted.

"I'll come home by myself. I'm an adult now, please treat me like one!" I yelled back, and then hung up. 

Running ten fingers through my hair on each side, I accidently and roughly banged my head on the hospital bed. Wincing a bit at the pain, I hopped off the bed and decided to take a walk outside. 

As I walked down the halls gloomily, I thought about my ex-girlfriend again. The pain of her heart breaking words, and how she only dated me because she pitied me, truly tore me apart. 

However, she needn't take all my money from my entire savings, and run off with a handsome and tall looking guy. Just because the guy was better looking and handsome, I don't understand how I'm not worth to be compared by him, and be be known as the greatest.

"Hurry up, will you?!" I heard the sirens of an ambulance being heard, as I watched a person being rolled past by me.

The person was a girl. Well, she is dressed in a somewhat uniform. High school student, probably?

Her entire body was drenched wet, and her skin almost looked close to being the color blue. The girl even had blood oozing out of her wrist, as it had stained her uniform and the hospital rolling bed. 

Is she a suicidal?

Sitting alone in my room now, I glanced at the empty bed beside me. Sometimes, I do wish to have a roommate in here, as I'm always feeling so lonely. However, being alone with no one to bother me at times, actually feels great. I get to think about life with no one bothering me.

Abruptly, a knock came at the door, and I glanced up at the time.

10:43 p.m..

It's too late for visiting hours, or as I thought.

"Sorry for bothering you at such a late time, Mr. Kim. We're just bringing in the new patient, as she'll be your roommate from today onwards," the nurse spoke up with a heavy Korean accent.

Tch, I do actually understand Mandarin too. 

"Oh, is that so? Well, it's about time that I get a roommate," I gave a polite reply, and the nurse bowed. 

With a couple of other nurses rolling the bed inside, I saw that it was the girl from earlier this evening. She's my new roommate? But that girl looked pretty suicidal. Will this be safe?

"Have a goodnight, Mr. Kim," the nurse spoke softly, and I gave her a small smile before she had exit out with the rest of the nurses.

Glancing at the girl beside me in the dark, I kind of grew scared. Whilst being quite afraid, I prayed for no harm to be done, as I hope this girl doesn't hurt me.

 

"Back off right now, or I will kill each and everyone of you!"

It's been three days since the girl had awoken. 

"Back off! If you don't back off, I'll kill you!" 

This was her daily routine too, when her eyes would flutter open. This crazily insane roommate of mine, would wake up in dissatisfaction as to why she's still alive. Then she'll grab any object around her, and threaten the living hell of life in you.

The first time when she woke up, thank god a doctor and two nurses were inside the room with me. The girl flipped out crazy, and I almost had a heart attack. Any day now, I might just say goodbye to this melancholia whatever name disease I have!

"Please Miss Cai, put the knife down," a doctor tried calming her down, but the girl didn't care to listen.

Oh yeah, I kind of learned from the past three days that her name was Cai Ai Ming. She's a twenty years old girl, who attended at a private all girls' college. That explains the uniform. But how would I know? High school kids are the ones who mostly wears uniforms, alright?

"Why did you save my life? Get the away from me and let me die!" Ai Ming screamed loudly, as it echoed throughout the entire hospital building.

Trying my best also as a man, I wanted to help. But oh dear lord, too much for being a tough guy, I was the one being held in hostage. That was one of the most terrorizing memorable times of my entire life.

"I want to die! Let me die! Stop saving me!" She screamed at the doctors and nurses, who just happens to try and stop her.

With her pointing that dang sharp object surgery looking knife at them, I was afraid she might psychotically stab me. As much as heart broken I am to not want to remember my ex-girlfriend, I seriously don't wish for death.

"Help me! Get me away from her!" I cried for help, as you can see, she's dementedly waving a knife in front of me and the elders. 

For christ's sake, I can already feel death coming towards my way. Before anything came upon, I remember blacking out.

The monitor slowly beeps, as I gradually opened my eyes. Remembering about what had happened earlier, I panicked and looked over to her bed. Tugging onto my blanket tightly, I can see that Ai Ming is sleeping.

Well, she's not really sleeping. I think the doctors had drugged her with those clear fluids that makes the person unconscious. 

Whilst watching her sleep, Ai Ming actually looks pretty different. Her white pearl skin tone shined under the moonlight outside, as her black sleek hair looked almost like a warm pool to swim in. 

Examining her calm sleeping body, I came to a conclusion that, if Ai Ming wasn't so psycho like this, we could've probably been great roommates.

 

Hearing sniffles growing loudly, I managed to open my eyes and found Ai Ming crying. I turned to look at what time it was, and it's already past noon. I slept that long, and Ai Ming, did she cry since she had woken up?

"Ahem, ahem," clearing my throat and checking if Ai Ming would bother to look over at my direction, her weeping just continues. 

"H-h-hey," I called to her hoarsely, but she gave no response. 

Of course I was scared, what do you expect? But if I'm going to be her roommate, I should at least give her a chance and be friends with her.

"M-m-miss Ai Ming?" I called for her again, hoping that this time she'd turn over.

Slightly moving her head to the side, a bit of Ai Ming's hair had glued onto her cheeks. I supposed that it's her tears, which got her hair stuck onto her face.

"Why...won't they...let me die?" I heard her ask between her cries. 

My heart almost stopped beating, as I was scared. There were no doctors or nurses inside the room. It's en past noon, and there were no lunch. Are you seriously kidding me right now? Plus, I don't think I'd know how to calm this insanity person.

"Uhmmm, well...hospitals are for saving lives," I gave out a stupid answer, and this time, she faced me fully. "Then I should leave this hospital," she spoke with a dazed out expression, and I hopped off from my bed.

"I think it's best of you-"

"Don't touch me! No! Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry!"

Ai Ming flinched at the height of my hands reaching for her, and soon started spitting out nonsense.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I calmly replied, but Ai Ming's head started to shake around. "Kill me, please. Let me die!" She pleaded, as she grabbed the attached bed remote, and placed it on my hands.

"I don't want to live anymore!" Her voice echoed audibly, and I did the only thing I could do.

I pulled Ai Ming in for a hug. At first, she cried and tried to wriggle free like a child, but soon after, her cries slowly stopped. Shushing her, I pat her head like what my mother used to do to me, and whispered to her that everything will be alright.

The past couple of days continued on like that for a while. Each time Ai Ming wakes up, she'll beg for death. But when my arms open up and wraps around Ai Ming's petite body warmly, her mind changes into happy thoughts. 

I guess my hugs were slowly curing her sickness away, as I have no intention to what her disease is. I wouldn't call it suicidal, as that's not a disease.

One morning, I even felt Ai Ming tugging my arm while I was asleep, and asked if she can get a regular morning hug. I nodded my head with a smile, and delibrately hugged her.

Day by day, Ai Ming seemed to be coming back to herself. She and I didn't really start to talk about each other's lives yet, as she'll just ask for my hugs. The more I hugged Ai Ming, the calmer she became.

 

"You're not Chinese, are you?" She question out of the blue, as the two of us hung outside of the hospital. "Nope. I'm Korean," I answered. "I figured, since your accent was pretty heavy," Ai Ming replied, and I blinked at her.

"What are you doing in China?" Ai ming asked, and I shrugged. "I came here for...someone. Unexpectedly, I was thrown off like a piece of wrapper that was once wrapped around a piece of candy, and was forgotten," I gave out an honest answer.

I heard Ai Ming chuckling, and grew confused. Why is she laughing for? I'm still 72% covering from this melancholia, and this ill insane girl who is currently at 4% of recovering, laughs at me?

"Love, it's a disease that can make someone become very stupid," she blurted out, which had left me speechless.

I watched Ai Ming swinging her feet back and forth on the bench, as her eyes remained up in the clear blue sky. 

Still appalled by her definition for love, I looked away and cheekily chortled.

She's right, love does make someone very stupid. Just take a look at me, for an example.

"What is your name again?" Ai Ming asked me, and I turned back to face her. "Minseok," I answered her.

Suddenly, I felt the warm hand of Ai Ming's on top of mine. I gazed upon locking eyes with Ai Ming, and a sincere smile came upon her face.

"Minseok oppa," I heard her murmured my name under her breath.

Amused by her, I then tangled our fingers together, as I held her dainty and soft baby skin hand.

This was how I met this crazy girl.


FIRST CHAPTER. What do ya think?

I actually enjoyed writing Xiumin's POV.

Though it seemed weird at first, but I soon caught upon it.

I WISH TO BE HUGGED BY MR. BAOZI! <3

So if you're quite confused at the title, it actually means the two of them. They're both lonely, out of place, and broken. 

Xiumin is forgotten, and Ai Ming is scarred.

DNW THOUGH, as they had both finally got each other in the end of this chapter. :)